Feb 09, 2009 @ 16:05
r these NS? what size and sized down how many? thanx

their new cures sized down 2 size 29
my original waist size is 31
the waist stretched out about 4 size up
Feb 09, 2009 @ 16:44
Okay, so why NC and not PS?
and how much should I size down?

well if you want a skinny/tight fit, the NCs are the skinniest pair, skinnier than the petite standard. but if you just want a slim fit go with PS
Feb 09, 2009 @ 22:11
Hey I know this question may sound stupid but my APCs have been fitting a tad loose lately I wish they were a little tighter all over. Any ideas? Thanks and washing is fine with me if it'll do what I need.
Feb 09, 2009 @ 22:51
well if you want a skinny/tight fit, the NCs are the skinniest pair, skinnier than the petite standard. but if you just want a slim fit go with PS

i think the ps are skinnier. i have had both size 27 and the Ncs are looser in the waste and crotch for sure. my petits hurt they were so tight.
Feb 10, 2009 @ 00:26
i think the ps are skinnier. i have had both size 27 and the Ncs are looser in the waste and crotch for sure. my petits hurt they were so tight.

For me NC's tend to be loose in the pant and thighs (when you sag) because of the rise, PS are more of a low rise over NC's... I am guessing the NC has more of a taper over PS, although I have never tried the PS... I wish there was something more border line in between, I love the taper over straight no doubt.
Feb 10, 2009 @ 03:55
true, and aren't pre-distressed apcs more expensive than raw ones anyway?

eh..those could just look like they came from any department store, try looking at butler designs which were hand worn and washed
Feb 10, 2009 @ 04:07
so i have been wearing my apc's PS for about 6 monthes and i am tihnking of washing them. the instructions they give you say to dry clean them, but some people say i shouldn't. i really want to keep the dark color that i have and not lose any indigo. what should i do??
Feb 10, 2009 @ 04:08
not wash them
Feb 10, 2009 @ 09:53
so i have been wearing my apc's PS for about 6 monthes and i am tihnking of washing them. the instructions they give you say to dry clean them, but some people say i shouldn't. i really want to keep the dark color that i have and not lose any indigo. what should i do??
you could dry clean them just make sure you tell them NOT TO IRON. Your jeans should be clean an look the same so you could wear for another 6 months. You could wash and pull out some dye so your fades have more contrast.
Feb 10, 2009 @ 11:57

see everyone's sending me mixed signals lol.
im not sure whether to get NC's or PS's..
I want a similar fit to Vince, and he has petite's..will the cure's be at least very similar?
and should i size down 3 since i want it to be skinny-fitted not skin tight?
Feb 10, 2009 @ 13:43
Don't size down three on NC or PS.

Size down two at the most.
Feb 10, 2009 @ 13:53
^ cosign, if i'd had sized down 3 they would've fuckin cut me in half
Feb 10, 2009 @ 15:01

If you wash them or soak them they will lose the dye! If u keep wearing em without washing em they will get fade marks as well... The best thing about APC's is wearing the hell out of em and then giving em a soak! Thats how they get they sick ass look! But if u want to keep em dark i would just buy a couple of pairs and rotate!
Feb 10, 2009 @ 15:19
Originally posted by Inactive User
Don't size down three on NC or PS.

Size down two at the most.

So what's more fitted, PS or NC?
bc ppl are telling me two diff things?
Feb 10, 2009 @ 17:05
So what's more fitted, PS or NC?
bc ppl are telling me two diff things?

NC is the tightest jean APC makes, PS is a slimmer version of the NS
Feb 10, 2009 @ 17:11
Quick question on inseam/hemming. Picking up my first pair of NS and have about a 31-32 inseam. Is there any need to have these hemmed? I like the "stacking" look...just wanna get feedback from the peeps who have a good history with this brand. appreciate it.
Feb 10, 2009 @ 17:29
Originally posted by Inactive User
NC is the tightest jean APC makes, PS is a slimmer version of the NS

u sure about that?

i heard some people say that the PS is more tapered?
and that NC would give you more room around the crotch and thigh area?

someone correct me on this
Feb 10, 2009 @ 17:50
see everyone's sending me mixed signals lol.
im not sure whether to get NC's or PS's..
I want a similar fit to Vince, and he has petite's..will the cure's be at least very similar?
and should i size down 3 since i want it to be skinny-fitted not skin tight?

Vince went down 2 on his petites. so if you want a look like his get the petites and do the same. the New cures will be somewhat similar but the rise is so high i think it looks awkward after a while.
Feb 10, 2009 @ 20:00
u sure about that?

i heard some people say that the PS is more tapered?
and that NC would give you more room around the crotch and thigh area?

someone correct me on this

This is true. PS have a higher rise which make them technically slimmer. NC have a roomier thigh area.
Feb 10, 2009 @ 20:23
Quick question on inseam/hemming. Picking up my first pair of NS and have about a 31-32 inseam. Is there any need to have these hemmed? I like the "stacking" look...just wanna get feedback from the peeps who have a good history with this brand. appreciate it.

Don't get them hemmed. Leave them how they are and let em stack
Feb 10, 2009 @ 21:26

the inseam's 31 or 32? if they're new it should be 34.

and if you like stacks, then don't worry about hemming those at all.

Vince went down 2 on his petites. so if you want a look like his get the petites and do the same. the New cures will be somewhat similar but the rise is so high i think it looks awkward after a while.

yeah, if you want a look like that of my PS, then i'd go with PS.
NCs rise, like Clutchin said, is actually lower than that of the PS though.
Feb 10, 2009 @ 21:58
new cures have a higher rise than the petite standards.
Feb 10, 2009 @ 22:10
NCs rise, like Clutchin said, is actually lower than that of the PS though.

new cures have a higher rise than the petite standards.

Well the last two posts kinda contradict each other, but I guess I will only really find my fit by personally trying them on somewhere. Bc I can't get the info to be confident enough to order online.
Thanks everyone for their help.
Feb 10, 2009 @ 22:28
trust me, new cures have a higher rise than ps.

http://www.contextclothing.com/brands/apc/new_cure.php

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=665

compare. hence
nc = midrise
ps = lowrise

how can a lowrise model be higher than a midrise?
Feb 10, 2009 @ 22:35
Well the last two posts kinda contradict each other, but I guess I will only really find my fit by personally trying them on somewhere. Bc I can't get the info to be confident enough to order online.
Thanks everyone for their help.

its right across the river man. go to apc and see what fits YOU. don't go by vince or anyone in terms of fit. the only thing you need to know is how to size in general terms, and basically...you never size down more than two on the nc/ps. size down 3 (never heard of sizing down 4) for a skinny fit on the ns. done. simple.
Feb 10, 2009 @ 22:40
This is true. PS has a lower rise and is SLIGHTLY more tapered than the NC. NCs have a slightly roomier thigh area.

fixed. for fear of further confusing the masses of apc hoppers.
Feb 10, 2009 @ 22:43
backlike45, thanks for your help man, along with everyone else.
Feb 10, 2009 @ 23:28

This link claims that the NC 30" and 31" has the same true waist of 32", is that true? So If I were to size down in waist from a 31, I should get a 29 instead correct? I got rid of my 31's because they were too loose in the waist...
Feb 10, 2009 @ 23:34
whats your true waist size? whatever that is, go down one or two sizes depending on the type of fit you want. i went two sizes down and i loved the fit. ynam owt also went two sizes down. keep in mind i don't know your build, so 1 or 2 down from actual waist.
Feb 10, 2009 @ 23:52
whats your true waist size? whatever that is, go down one or two sizes depending on the type of fit you want. i went two sizes down and i loved the fit. ynam owt also went two sizes down. keep in mind i don't know your build, so 1 or 2 down from actual waist.

My true waist size is between 32"-33". Here's my deal...

-I bought NC in 31".
-Waist and thighs stretched out so I copped a 30".
-Saw on the diagram that the tagged 31" and 30" has the same waist size, just different rise and thigh.
-So I should go for 29" since the loose waist was my main issue?

Sorry for any confusion.
Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0