hype cog

The Official A.P.C Denim Thread

Jan 30, 2009 @ 11:26
i thought new cure is the skinniest/smallest?

yeah new cure is more tapered compared to the PS... that diagram is either wrong or swapped around
Jan 30, 2009 @ 11:38
i think the leg opening of the ps is a bit smaller than the nc, according to the context charts
Jan 30, 2009 @ 13:31
Like I said..the diagram is followed from context's measurements, i'm not sure if they are 100% accurate but it might help in anyway..

IG - @SEANLEQUANG OG 2007 HB FINESSE

Jan 30, 2009 @ 13:49

APC NC sized down 3, fit really tight on the waist, 2nd day of wearing, i think they could stretch out a lot more, how's the fit?
Jan 30, 2009 @ 14:20
okay.. so everybodys getting confused with the question which is "which is slimmer?" I feel that everybody is neglecting a factor, which is the rise. yeah, PS measurements make them techinically slimmer than NC's, but the rise on the NC's is higher. This means you will be wearing your denim higher, and in my past experience, when i wear them higher, they feel more tight because all the components of the denim will be higher on my body(if that makes any sense..). usually the lower rises don't feel as tight on my body as higher rise.

well that's my two cents.. not saying its right, but thats how i look at it and that's my experience with low/rise.

Self Edge x Real Blue Japan 103BSP sz.34x37 NEW WITH TAGS http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/198628

Jan 30, 2009 @ 14:40
^ yeah that basically sums it up
Jan 30, 2009 @ 15:10

APC NC sized down 3, fit really tight on the waist, 2nd day of wearing, i think they could stretch out a lot more, how's the fit?

Perfect fit.
Jan 30, 2009 @ 18:43

6 months 1 wash.
Jan 30, 2009 @ 18:45
crazy4kix.. if you can't button them all the way up I think you're gonna be fucked (unless you don't sag).
Jan 30, 2009 @ 18:55
again, where to purchase in socal besides LA?
Jan 30, 2009 @ 20:48
barneys coop, carve...
Jan 31, 2009 @ 11:13
Go apc
Jan 31, 2009 @ 12:02
anyone wanna sell some to me?
Jan 31, 2009 @ 13:42
again, where to purchase in socal besides LA?

go find a barneys close to you.

UCSB.

Feb 01, 2009 @ 02:28
I heard Raw Petite New Standards run 2 sizes too small... So if I pick up some and they are ass-tight on me then I'm doing well?
Feb 01, 2009 @ 02:37
They'll stretch out.

You'll know if they're TOO tight.
Feb 01, 2009 @ 12:59
Got 27 NC's yesterday.....

can't button the top one yet...
Feb 01, 2009 @ 13:30
i got some new standards the toher day...and i sized UP. LOL i know lots of people are going to hate. But the main reason i sized up was because the inseamwas too short. Also I'm not going for that "hypeabeast skinny jean look" so i don't really care if my jeans don't stretch. and if they're not too tight on my legs, then they wont stretch, and i don't mind wearing a belt. give me your input about what i did.........anyway i got my new standards on sale and they're my second pair of "nice" jeans. Still learning on how sizing up/down works. thanks.
Feb 01, 2009 @ 13:46
i got some new standards the toher day...and i sized UP. LOL i know lots of people are going to hate. But the main reason i sized up was because the inseamwas too short. Also I'm not going for that "hypeabeast skinny jean look" so i don't really care if my jeans don't stretch. and if they're not too tight on my legs, then they wont stretch, and i don't mind wearing a belt. give me your input about what i did.........anyway i got my new standards on sale and they're my second pair of "nice" jeans. Still learning on how sizing up/down works. thanks.

They will still stretch whether or not there is any pressure on the denim. I don't understand your saying that the inseam was too short, I believe all APCs come with a 34 inseam. Even if you size down one with NS, you'll still have a straight leg fit, not a slim fit.
Feb 01, 2009 @ 14:02
Finally got me a pair of New Standards, sized down two. This is my first pair of raw denim so hopefully it turns out nice.
Feb 01, 2009 @ 14:04

like Acquisition said, all APC's have the same inseam, 34 inches, so sizing up or down on waist doesn't affect the length.

u should've went with some other brands that carry denim with longer inseams if u thought it was too short.
Feb 01, 2009 @ 14:09
Finally got me a pair of New Standards, sized down two. This is my first pair of raw denim so hopefully it turns out nice.

Fit pics, please. blushing
Feb 01, 2009 @ 14:37
Originally posted by Inactive User
They will still stretch whether or not there is any pressure on the denim. I don't understand your saying that the inseam was too short, I believe all APCs come with a 34 inseam. Even if you size down one with NS, you'll still have a straight leg fit, not a slim fit.

O.O so you're saying a 28 waist has the same inseam has a 32 waist O.O Im a true waist 30 and i bought 31s; the 31s just felt so much easier to move in. But if all ns have inseam 34 then i am definitley going back to exchange to a smaller waist, it will stretch rite?...O.o i should have read this thread more thoroughly before buying the jeans ==

duno if this is the right place to post, but anyone know a specific brand or fit of jeans that has longer inseam to like..35/35.5'? thx
Feb 01, 2009 @ 14:52
O.O so you're saying a 28 waist has the same inseam has a 32 waist O.O Im a true waist 30 and i bought 31s; the 31s just felt so much easier to move in. But if all ns have inseam 34 then i am definitley going back to exchange to a smaller waist, it will stretch rite?...O.o i should have read this thread more thoroughly before buying the jeans ==

duno if this is the right place to post, but anyone know a specific brand or fit of jeans that has longer inseam to like..35/35.5'? thx

yep, its definitely gonna stretch, go back and exchange.

i know for sure Imperials have a longer inseam, mine are between 36-37 inches depending on how i measure.
Feb 01, 2009 @ 14:55
anyone who needs apc hit me with a pm.
Feb 01, 2009 @ 15:03
anyone who needs apc hit me with a pm.

I need some andy! But I'm waiting till i get my cash game right. smh

Sucks cuz I blow every paycheck on gear or food or other shit as soon as i get it smh

Maybe when I get my tax returns I will put that money strictly to a pair of new standards &)
Feb 01, 2009 @ 15:27
Got 27 NC's yesterday.....

can't button the top one yet...

I would size up because if you can't button the NC's all the way up, you're pretty much fucked. They will not stretch enough... and with the high rise of the jeans it just doesn't work.

From personal experience, I sized down 2 and could BARELY button up the top button and after several months (albeit with less wear because of other jeans) they have only just stretched enough for me to sag without discomfort. Also, the jeans are not meant to be worn without all buttons done up, so you may notice slight tearing at the holes. Furthermore, you may notice some bursting at the seams on the side of the jeans from extreme stretching resulting from sizing down too much.
Feb 01, 2009 @ 16:11
Originally posted by Inactive User
Fit pics, please. blushing

Feb 01, 2009 @ 16:17
^

smokeyface

Makes me wish I had bought a pair of NS instead of NC.
Feb 01, 2009 @ 16:41
Mc Tease, those fit real good.
Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0