hype cog
HYPEBEAST Forums is currently frozen. Threads and posts are still available to view. A new community initiative is being developed and will be rolled out soon.

Advice: Help me get to japan

Oct 04, 2007 @ 01:54
I see a couple of you guys have been there or are currently residing in Japan, i was just wondering if anybody had any advice to help me get there! ive been saving up for probably one year now, i know its pretty expensive.

i see some people in the Navy, some work there ,some are just hanging out , tell me what was your gameplan

p.s- i was thinking of learning japanese and get my education degree and go for that JET program,
Oct 04, 2007 @ 02:07
School is one way, Teach english is another way(probably the easiest since you only need a highschool diploma) and if you wanna come here for a trip its all about timing and what day you plan to come and leave can have a big impact on prices...

Oct 04, 2007 @ 03:39
You can teach with a highschool diploma??? how?
Oct 04, 2007 @ 04:17
Originally posted by Inactive User
You can teach with a highschool diploma??? how?

Some companies are so desperate for people that they don't care if you have a college degree. For the most part you basically get a class of people you review some shit with them and help them. Some companies provide a place for you to live and more money for expenses. More and more Canadian and American english schools are popping up so they are more leanient on handing out work visa's. For the most part though the Japanese learn enough english to pass the entrance exam's and that's it. They don't care to much for the language they focus on learning enough to pass the test and that's about it (Atleast that's the standard for most school's). They do this to save money because most people with degree's ask for major amounts of money where as others just wanna do something after highschool...

Oct 05, 2007 @ 23:09

-Thizz how did you end up in the country?
Oct 30, 2007 @ 09:43
I'd be shocked if the government were really handing out work visas to people without college degrees. It just doesn't happen unless you're Canadian or Australian and get a working holiday visa.

I've been here for most of the past 9 years. Went to college here, did some teaching to make ends meet and then was lucky enough to get into a "real" job.

If you really want to come here then get a degree and get into the JET program. They pay more than the English conversation schools and you'll be treated considerably better. There are some incredibly shady business practices out here and as a foreigner you'll always be a second class citizen. This is something you must accept before you live in Japan.

NIKE DUNK LOW PRO SB "SHANGHAI" UK12 US13 *VNDS* http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270995768922#ht_1102wt_1141

Nov 20, 2007 @ 20:39
what is the JET program?
This topic is locked, replies are no longer accepted.