Three weeks after wrapping up their massive 360 Tour, reports emerged that U2 frontman Bono has been told to take a break following reported heart palpitations and chest pains. According to RollingStone.com, the singer checked in for tests at the Princess Grace Memorial Hospital in Monaco on Wednesday during a vacation in France. Apparently, the singer wasn’t kept in overnight but the Irish Independent reports that a top heart specialist examined Bono and told him to get some rest.
A spokeswoman of the singer has now cleared up this news by stating that the 51-year-old did attend the Princess Grace Cospital in Monaco, but it was for a routine checkup.
“Despite press stories to the contrary, Bono has not suffered a recent health scare,” the spokeswoman said in a statement given to Reuters. Reports of his being rushed to hospital for emergency treatment are untrue. Bono is in good health and enjoying a family holiday in the south of France.”
This would have marked the second health scare for Bono over the last year. In 2010 he was forced to cancel U2’s headline performance at Glastonbury because he had to undergo emergency back surgery.