Terms & Conditions
Welcome to HYPEBEAST.com, a property of 101 Media Lab Limited, a body corporate doing business in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China. This document constitutes a legally-binding agreement ("Agreement") governing the terms of providing you with our service. Throughout this document, the words "HYPEBEAST," "HYPEBEAST.com," "101 Media Lab Limited," "us," "we," and "our," refer to us, 101 Media Lab Limited, our website, HYPEBEAST.com, or our service, HYPEBEAST, as is appropriate in the context of the use of the words. Likewise, the words "you" and "your" refer to you, the person who is being presented with this document for your agreement.
By registering for our website as a member, you are agreeing to receive regular newsletters and marketing related emails from HYPEBEAST. Should you wish to be removed from our email list, you can unsubscribe or terminate your account any time.
2. Description of Service
HYPEBEAST is an online fashion magazine and shopping site for men, and a global online retail destination for men's style.
3. Information Supplied
When using our website and placing an order, you will provide your name, e-mail address, mailing address, date of birth, Paypal information and telephone number.
In addition to providing us with the above information about yourself, you must be eighteen years of age or older, or, if a higher minimum age of contractual capacity exists in your jurisdiction, you must be at least that age. Additionally, you represent to us that you are not otherwise considered to be under a disability to enter into a contract with us, whether it be because of an embargo in or against your jurisdiction or any other reason.
Editors typically include images as part of their blog posts and the images that they are authorized to use is the following:
- Images that are licensed from vendors
- Images that are supplied to our editors or released into the public domain by public relations and marketing companies for press or other purposes
- Images that are supplied by readers, with the implied representation that the person submitting the image owns the copyright in the image and the right to give it to us for use on our site
- Images that are published on Photobucket or other public photos sites with licenses granted under Creative Commons, with attribution in accordance with the CC license granted in each case
- Images that are commissioned by 101 Sites
- Thumbnail images of 150 x 150 pixels or less, cropped or reduced in size from the original source
- Images that are used to illustrate a newsworthy story, where the image itself tells a story
- Images used in a transformative manner, such as parody
- Images that are widely distributed that they have become part of the news
If 101 Sites receives any notice that an image is posted up inappropriately such as not keeping with the terms listed above, we reserve the right to remove that image.
If you think we have published an image or text that violates your copyright, we will address your concerns; however, if the image falls into one of the listed categories above and we believe that our use of the image is legitimate, we will not remove it from the site.
You may pay for our services using Paypal. When providing credit card information, the credit card must be your own. If the credit card does not belong to you, you must have permission from the accountholder to use their card for your transactions.
We do not accept personal checks, money orders or direct bank transfers. Please note, items will not be shipped until the transaction has been cleared.
Any use of fraudulent chargebacks simply to get free merchandise is not only strictly prohibited, but also criminal fraud, and will be dealt with by reporting such chargebacks to your local police department and a credit bureau, as well as referring the matter to a court of competent jurisdiction.
Our ability to ship your order to you is only as good as the information that you provide us. Whether you are ordering products for yourself or others, you must ensure that you provide us with an accurate address. We cannot be held responsible for delivery failures if you don’t give us the correct address or if it is an address that we can't perform delivery to. If a shipment is returned as unclaimed, undeliverable, regardless of the reason, we shall be entitled to keep you liable for the shipping and handling fees that were associated with that shipment.
Deliveries are available for those wishing to use a PO Box address. Please check that your rental agreement includes signed-for/registered items. Due to the signed-for nature of deliveries, we recommend that items be sent to a work or home address in order to avoid any delays in receiving your items.
Shipping will be done according to the costs and methods described on our website. Once we ship your item, we are no longer responsible for its condition or delivery to your chosen address. Any claims for damages on the item should be filed by you against the shipper.
7. Order Confirmation
An e-mail confirmation will be sent once payment has been received. Once the order has been confirmed, the item(s) will be processed, packed and shipped out and as such, it will not be possible to cancel your order. In the event that you opt to cancel the order after delivery, you agree that the associated delivery charges will be deducted from your payment before making any refund by us.
8. Shipping Confirmation
Once your order has been dispatched, a shipping confirmation e-mail will be sent. Please keep this e-mail as a reference as it will also include your order tracking number, carrier and instructions on how to track your package.
Please refer to our 'Delivery' page.
10. Returns & Exchanges
Please refer to our 'Returns & Exchanges' page.
11. Price Changes & Stock Availability
Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
While we endeavor to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date information, occasionally ordered items may not be available as listed.
In the case that part of your order is unavailable or out of stock, the item(s) will be cancelled from the order with notification and where applicable, a refund shall be applied for the cost of the regarding item(s).
HYPEBEAST ensures that all our product descriptions and prices are up-to-date and as accurate as possible. However, in few cases, pricing errors may occur with our listings. Should we discover a pricing error while processing your order and payment, we will immediately rectify the problem before cancelling and refunding you for your order. We will also make sure to inform you about the error with your order as soon as possible.
12. Promotional & Store Credit Codes
Where a promotional code is required for an offer or discounted price, the code should be entered during the checkout process.
Customers should take care when entering codes, checking that the offer/credit has been applied. Should you find that the code is unapplicable or invalid, please refer to the specific conditions for the code as the promotion may have already expired. Should you have difficulty in applying store credit to your order, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Discounts, Sales & Promotions
From time to time, HYPEBEAST may offer discounts and/or promotions. Discount, sales and/or promotional offers and prices are only applicable when checking out whilst the offer is still valid. Time restrictions will be stated where applicable. Please note that certain brands are excluded from all sales and promotions and certain restrictions apply. HYPEBEAST reserves the right to amend, extend or terminate these offers at an earlier date without prior notice. For those who purchased over 24 hours before the sale, price adjustments will not be made. For those who purchased within 24 hours, we can refund the discount being offered at the time.
Orders made 7 days prior to sale and promotion periods may be eligible for a price match. Please contact email@example.com for more information on eligibility.
14. Rules of Conduct
We host a forum as well as blogs that we may permit you to comment on. As a part of using our website, you must not:
- Post anything that violates any applicable law, foreign or domestic.
- Post anything defamatory, violent, pornographic, hateful, racist, or otherwise objectionable. We have the sole right to determine what is objectionable.
- Hack, crack, phish, SQL inject, or otherwise threaten or actually harm the security of our systems or those of our users.
- Infringe on the intellectual property rights of anyone.
- Do anything that infringes on the rights of us or a third party.
- Create more than one account, use another person’s account, or allow another person to use your account.
- Engage in unsolicited marketing activities, whether commercial or non-commercial, on our forum or through its private messaging service, or on our blog comments section, or anywhere else on our website.
- Advertise on our website without our permission.
- Impersonate another person or organization.
- Post any links to content which would, if posted on our own website, violate these Rules of Conduct.
We reserve the right to terminate our service to you for reasons other than those listed here. We may terminate your account without explanation.
15. Communications Decency Act
As we are located in Hong Kong, we have certain defenses available to us for liability for defamation posted on our website by third parties, such as in our forums or on our blog. We recommend that you review the decision of the High Court of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Court of First Instance in the case of Oriental Press Group Ltd and Another v. Fevaworks Solutions Ltd. Specifically, the law in Hong Kong is that we are a "subordinate distributor" and not automatically liable for the defamatory material of another who posts on our website.
Our Rules of Conduct prohibit defamation from being published on our website. In order to complain about defamatory material on our website, please notify us with full details of where the defamation is located on our website (provide us with the URL), your name, and an explanation of how the material is defamatory. We will respond within a reasonable time and, if it appears that there are grounds to believe the material is defamatory, we will remove it. You may send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Note to American Users
Please note that if you are thinking of suing us in the United States, Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act prohibits you from holding us liable for the comments of a third party. Additionally, the SPEECH Act prohibits you from enforcing in the United States any judgments obtained against us in a Hong Kong court for a third party’s defamatory statements, and if you attempted to sue us in a Hong Kong court for the actions of a third party our lawyers would make a motion in the U.S. courts where your deposition is to be taken to prevent such a deposition from occurring. Therefore, we stress the importance of following the proper Hong Kong notification procedure as described above.
16. Contest Disclaimer
The maximum number of entries per person allowed during the contest period is as the contest has specified. Any attempt by a person to submit more than the stated maximum number of entries will be disqualified from participation in this contest. 101 Sites are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these official contest rules.
The winner(s) of the contest will be selected at random from the qualifying entries and will be contacted via email within three working days following the draw. Winner(s) must contact the person detailed in the email for confirmation and their full name will appear on the relevant 101 Site. In the event that the selected winner(s) does not respond within three days, another entrant will be selected in replacement. Please note that 101 Media Lab is not responsible for the payment of any customs or duties that may be incurred by contest winner(s).
In consideration for your participation in the contest, the individual, group, organization, business, spectator, or other, does hereby release and forever discharge the 101 Sites, and its officers, board and employees, jointly and severally from any and all actions, cause of actions, claim and demands for, upon or by reason of any damage, loss or injury including death, which hereafter may be sustained by participating in the contest.
This release extends and applies to, and also covers and includes, all unknown, unforeseen, unanticipated and unsuspected injuries, damages, loss and liability and the consequences thereof including death, as well as those now disclosed and know to exist. The provision of any state, federal, local or territorial law or state providing substance that releases shall not extend to claims, demands, injuries, or damages which are know or unsuspected to exist at this time, to the person executing such release, are hereby expressly waived.
It is further understood and agreed that said participation in the contest not to be construed as an admission of any liability and acceptance of assumption of responsibility by 101 Sites, its officers, board and employees, jointly and severally, for all damages and expenses for which the 101 Sites, its officers, board and employees, become liable as a result of any alleged act of the parade participant.
The prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
101 Sites reserves the right to offer alternative prize if any prize is not available or under special situation.
We do not actively screen blog comments and forum posts before they are uploaded to our website by third parties. As a part of your acceptance of this Agreement, you release us from any liability for the actions of third parties on our website, whether or not we would otherwise normally be held liable for such words under the laws of Hong Kong or any other jurisdiction.
You agree not to copy, distribute, display, disseminate, or otherwise reproduce any of the information on our website, or our website itself, without our prior written permission. This includes, but is not limited to, a prohibition on aggregating product information reviews and forum content made available on our website.
"HYPEBEAST" is a trademark used by us, 101 Media Lab Limited, to uniquely identify our website, business, and service. You agree not to use this phrase anywhere without our prior written consent. Additionally, you agree not to use our trade dress, or copy the look and feel of our website or its design, without our prior written consent. You agree that this paragraph goes beyond the governing law on intellectual property law, and includes prohibitions on any competition that violates the provisions of this paragraph.
20. Revocation of Consent
Where 101 Media Lab Limited has given prior written consent for your use of our protected material in accordance with our above “Copyright” and “Trademarks” provisions, we may revoke that consent at any time. If we so request, we may require that you immediately take action to remove from circulation, display, publication, or other dissemination, any of the marks, copyrighted content, or other materials that we previously consented for you to use.
21. Notification of Changes
22. Applicable Laws
The 101 Sites (excluding linked sites) are controlled by 101 Media Lab Ltd., from its offices within Hong Kong SAR. By accessing to the 101 Sites, you and 101 Media Lab Ltd. agree that the statutes and laws of Hong Kong SAR, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters relating to the use of the 101 Sites. Those who choose to access the 101 Sites from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
23. Contact Information
If you have any questions, concerns or notices of violations to these terms and conditions, please contact the editor of HYPEBEAST by sending an email to email@example.com
If you are a customer whose credit/debit card is not denominated in US Dollars, the final price will be calculated in accordance with the applicable exchange rate on the day your card issuer processes the transaction.
HYPEBEAST VIP Membership Program
As a customer who holds a HYPEBEAST VIP Membership, you can enjoy a 10% discount on all products1 available in our store. You will receive email notifications for special discount offers and promotions, exclusive to qualified VIP members.
1. General Program Terms and Conditions
As a registered customer and/or user, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions below for our HYPEBEAST VIP Membership Program.
All registered users are automatically enrolled to qualify for a HYPEBEAST VIP Membership. Our HYPEBEAST Reward Points system2 will keep track of all your purchases, from the start of this program.
To make sure that you receive HYPEBEAST Reward Points for your purchases, please take note of the following:
- Make sure you are a registered customer. New customers click here to register.
- Make sure you logged in before placing an order.
- Sale/discounted or promotion items/orders, are not eligible for HYPEBEAST Reward Points.
- Only regular priced items are eligible for reward points.
- Shipping fees are not eligible for reward points.
- Make sure your order does not include any sale/discounted or promotion items.
- If you meet the following requirements for HYPEBEAST Reward Points, but did not acquire any, feel free to contact us (quoting your order number).
To be qualified for a HYPEBEAST VIP Membership, you will need to accrue a total of 1000 HYPEBEAST Reward Points within a 90 day period from your initial purchase.3
Once you acquire a total of 1000 points, you will receive a confirmation email for your HYPEBEAST VIP Membership. Your membership will be valid for 12 months from the date we approve your application.
The membership is non-transferable.
2. General Program Terms and Conditions
HYPEBEAST reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend any HYPEBEAST VIP Membership at any time, without reason or notice.
1. Products that are already on sale/promotion cannot be further discounted.
2. Every $1 you spend is equivalent to 1 HYPEBEAST reward point. Sale/discounted or promotion items/orders, are not eligible for HYPEBEAST reward points. Shipping fee is not eligible for HYPEBEAST reward points.
3. HYPEBEAST reserves the right to approve/decline any HYPEBEAST VIP Membership application.
HYPEBEAST Referral Program
When you invite a friend to HYPEBEAST, you can both be rewarded. Introduce us to your friends and receive $25 for every friend you refer that makes their first purchase. Visit http://store.hypebeast.com/index.php/invite-a-friend to start inviting your friends!
1. Inviting Friends and Earning Referral Credits:
- When you refer a friend to HYPEBEAST, they will get a $25 credit in their HYPEBEAST account if they are new (and not returning or existing) members.
- If your friend makes their first purchase with the invitational credits within 30 days, you will also receive a $25 credit into your account. You will be credited 14 days after your friend makes his first purchase.
- The credits you receive from referring your friend will be valid for 6 months from the date it is issued.
- There is no limit to the amount of Referral Credits you can accrue into your account.
- If two people refer the same friend, the friend who sent the link that is used to create the new member's account will be the referring friend. This is regardless of which person send the link first.
- This offer is limited to one referral and email address per friend. Friends who register using multiple accounts or email addresses will be subject to account termination if discovered and the $25 Referral Credit issued to you and the $25 new member credit issued to your friend will be cancelled.
2. Spending Referral Credits:
- Referral Credits may only be spent on purchases of $100.00 or above in regular priced and eligible products (exclusive of shipping charges and all other fees applicable
- Referral Credits cannot be used to buy gift cards, pay for shipping charges and other fees.
- Your Referral Credits are automatically applied to eligible products at the checkout in the order of which they expire. The first to expire will be applied first.
- Referral Credits cannot be used on sale/discounted products or in conjunction with other coupon codes or discounts available.
- Referral Credits are restricted from certain brands.
- Upon your next purchase (on eligible items), all available credits will automatically be deducted granted that your order meets the minimum amount of $100.00. Please find the example in the table below.
Scenarios Total Credits Accrued Total Amount of Eligible Products (minimum $100.00) Sub-total to be Paid (excluding shipping fees) 1 $25 $100 $75 2 $25 $150 $125 3 $100 $100 $0 4 $100 $150 $50
- HYPEBEAST reserves the right to cancel your Referral Credits if it determines in its sole discretion that you have violated these terms through fraudulent or misleading referral activity (for example, by inviting fake people to join, using false names, using multiple email accounts or email addresses, impersonating another person or otherwise providing false or misleading information to us) or if we terminate your account for any reason. You may also be liable for civil and/or criminal penalties under applicable law.
For any disputes, HYPEBEAST Store reserves the right to make the final decision.
Sign Up Now & Get 10% Off Your First Purchase
- Discount can be applied to all full-priced items.
- Certain restrictions may apply.
Brands Excluded from Discounts and Promotions
3.1 Phillip Lim, A.P.C., ACRONYM, adidas Originals, DSPTCH, Head Porter, Hender Scheme, Hood By Air., Jason Markk, Lexdray, Native, Paul Smith, Puma, PUMA x BWGH, Raf Simons X Adidas, retaW, THOM BROWNE, TSOVET
Free Worldwide Shipping On All Orders*
Free shipping will apply automatically to eligible orders at the checkout page.
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Laos, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norfolk Island, Norway, Philippines, Puerto Rico, San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City.
- There is no minimum spend for free shipping to apply.
- Applies to orders with at least ONE regular priced item.
- Does not apply to orders using a discount or promotional coupon code.
- For any disputes, HYPEBEAST Store reserves the right to make the final decision.