Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
February 26, 2009 @ 07:35 AM
Curzon

I've always been into art and design, and clothing design is kinda new to me but I've been playing round with some ideas lately and now contemplating starting a line of my own. Starting off with tees, but I'd eventually wanna expand to hoodies, jackets, jeans, etc. Hell, I've played round with some sunglass designs too.

But before I go ahead with trying to get this thing off the ground, I figure it'd probably be smart to see what you guys think. I know you guys are traditionally pretty harsh (been reading here for a while, never signed up), but I like that. Don't sugar quote anything, just give me your opinion on what works, what doesn't, would you wear it, etc.

My style is a little similar to maybe BBC/Icecream, but literally every day I start going in different directions, so my style is pretty versatile and not set in one kind of look yet. I have a placeholder logo that I'm thinking about using, but I'm not 100% sure because I'm not settled on a name if I go ahead with it.

Here's 8 tee designs I've done over the past couple weeks:

Let loose!
February 26, 2009 @ 08:30 AM
unvrsl

honestly not bad for noob work... but most ppl are gonna tell u the stuff is too simple. the 23 one is wack so scrap that idea... same with the lightning bolt one (IMO). don't know what the dripping cubes are all about but.... I'm tempted to say good start. all of these need more detail and could use better sizing/positioning.
February 26, 2009 @ 08:40 AM
WGMeets

Most of it is cool. The ones that I think dont fit too well with everything else are the Red Dotted crosshair one, Sky blue robot thing, 23. Everything else is dope. They look too generic to me. I'd defiently rock that first one and the ape one.
February 26, 2009 @ 09:47 AM
AutoSwag

the stuff looks good enough to wear , accept lightning and 23. These days the consumer has gotten a bit smarter , they are sold on ideas just as much as quality now. Because of this reason , arbitrary designs such as that lightning bolt one , wont fly as much. People want more meaning out of a garment with a graphic on it , just looking cool doesn't suffice anymore. However i really like that monkey hit , and the cubes are nice (as you side , ice cream reminiscent) and the more polished they become , the better your stuff will look.

Good start sir , but i would say make sure there is meaning behind every single hit.
February 26, 2009 @ 09:49 AM
WGMeets

I agree on the meaninful designs. But then again I'd rock the lightning one :p
Just because of pure lines lovin
February 26, 2009 @ 09:58 AM
AutoSwag

Yeah , that's why i didn't say "wont work" , but i said "wont work as much anymore". Because its true , these days people want a bit more out of their clothing , but people are ALWAYS succeptable to something that just looks cool. The key is , can you deliver meaning , and looking cool? that's the formula.
February 26, 2009 @ 03:18 PM
vicky39

i think these will work .... however, going without direction in your brand is gonna be hard to make a good brand(for my opinion) and all your design are hard to sell for sure if your brand are just starting coz it doesn't show anything about your brand at all, ppl who 'd buy this kind of style mostly they care about brand name i think.

ps. but for personal i like these 3.

another thing,

is this graphic on this tee are your brand logo? i think it might work well if you make it for your brand logo and also change it into your tag below too.
February 26, 2009 @ 05:59 PM
Curzon

Thanks for the feedback.

These aren't actually plans or concepts for any brand, they were just little ideas that came into my head and I wondered if graphic skills could translate over to fashion (something I know 0 about, and wasn't even that interested in till recently). Like you guys said, there's no concept behind these, these were just drawings on a pad that I played around with to see if I actually had any ability.

Feedback was better than I expected so I'll go ahead and try put together some more consistent and meaningful designs that look like they actually belong to a brand and post them up here.

I agree with you on the logo vicky... Even though I don't have a defined style, what I've come up with so far doesn't match that CE look at all. That melting icecube thing could work both as a design and a logo because it's real simple and more than just a monogram.

The key is , can you deliver meaning , and looking cool? that's the formula.

Damn, that quote was etched into my brain as soon as I saw it. Thanks.

I'll play with some more ideas.
February 27, 2009 @ 12:31 AM
Curzon

Sneaker Bomb...

...Which Illustrator corrupted and will need to be redrawn if this trick doesn't work.

Tried adding a little more detail than usual.
February 27, 2009 @ 12:33 AM
Shifty

^ id wear that!
February 27, 2009 @ 08:57 AM
unvrsl

try not to put a red design on a red T.

go for maximum contrast.... red on white.... black on white.... white on red etc.

light colored shirt for dark image, dark colored shirt for light image.
March 2, 2009 @ 11:42 AM
kaizokuou

^ id wear that!

really? a tee with a dildo onit that has laces?

well honestly thats what it looked like to me at first glance, i still don't see no "sneaker bomb" =/

Please login first to reply.