Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
February 16, 2009 @ 06:25 PM
bakemono

sup HB,

i think its about time to post it up and see what hb thinks of my designs. i know its not for everyone, and its not a street wear or hip hop brand. the named for my design is called obake brand, i am aiming for people who likes good clothing and great designs. please tell me what you think HB, all positive and negative r welcome. cheers

-bakemono

obake brand @ facebook
obake brand site
February 16, 2009 @ 06:59 PM
bakemono

will post more designs later, thanks for looking smile
February 16, 2009 @ 07:26 PM
obakeissick

my.hypebeast.com/showthread.php?t=58751&highlight=obake

Got a facebook page:www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=16009810342

Got a blog and what not: theobakemonster.blogspot.com

And an actual website: theobakemonster.com

We're finishing up our Spring/ Summer collection, and hard at work with the brand at the moment. I just wanted to make you aware of our presence.

haileybardwick.tumblr.com

February 16, 2009 @ 08:14 PM
ashiin

What he said. We've had our Obake going since 2008. Got certain things going, fashion shows and the such. Just to tell you something about us.
February 16, 2009 @ 08:32 PM
bakemono

i already checked with www.uspto.gov and the name obake is not registered.
February 16, 2009 @ 08:41 PM
DaveGold

i like what i see :]

www.ProbablyNotGold.com

February 16, 2009 @ 08:45 PM
obakeissick

We're not saying that you have to change anything. Registering your logo doesn't mean that you've registered the word. Either one of us registering first doesn't really mean anything in the long run.

We're not attacking you or forcing you to do anything but understand that we're here.

February 16, 2009 @ 11:49 PM
bakemono

^^^
i like what i see :]

thank you sir cool
February 17, 2009 @ 01:13 AM
Aim2PLz44

that neon shirt looks really clean... whens it coming out...
February 17, 2009 @ 02:26 AM
DaveGold

enjoy them smile

those are my favroite. when ARE they dropping?

www.ProbablyNotGold.com

February 17, 2009 @ 04:07 AM
drewblocka

definitely work on getting more graphics out there besides the mario ghost

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

February 17, 2009 @ 09:43 AM
Allurre

it looks like kirby to me..
February 17, 2009 @ 12:23 PM
Brain_Girl

I like it, i think its a little too playful for my taste but i think you've done a good job of them!
February 17, 2009 @ 01:26 PM
jyee

Pretty clean. The neon one is the best one. When does it come out and where to buy?
February 17, 2009 @ 01:57 PM
flik

We're not saying that you have to change anything. Registering your logo doesn't mean that you've registered the word. Either one of us registering first doesn't really mean anything in the long run.

We're not attacking you or forcing you to do anything but understand that we're here.

i believe it does, whoever registers first holds the rights to the name, there for can send the other party a cease and desist letter for violations of the trademark. and in the long run on of the company's will get hurt. how is two apparel company's with the same name going to get big ? i believe there will be alot of confusion and hard time getting recognized individually . just my two cents
February 17, 2009 @ 04:59 PM
flik

i'm sorry to ruin this for the both of you, but overseeing this thread, i decided to run out to my local business division and register both license, federal ID, fiticious business name as well as made copyrights on "Obake" since it's not a commonly defined word. Now if you will please, let the bidding begin and highest bidder gets all the official documents.

I wouldn't mind holding it for a couple years as well, but remember, as your business booms, so does my price cool

damn, he got you guys there
February 17, 2009 @ 09:14 PM
Brain_Girl

LOL @ ResellPickup

are you being serious? did you really just do that?
February 17, 2009 @ 09:36 PM
unvrsl

LOL. Nah but seriously, what does Obake mean? Why would two up and coming designers flock to it? And aren't the design styles that go with each clothing line amazingly similar? I think this is a classic example of why more thought and research needs to go in to picking a name for a brand....
February 17, 2009 @ 09:58 PM
bakemono

my designs are already copyrighted. my brand name is not yet been decided so im still looking for the right name for my brand. cool

sucks for other guy tho, if u really did register....
February 17, 2009 @ 09:59 PM
bakemono

LOL. Nah but seriously, what does Obake mean?

obake means ghost in japanese, i dont think my design is any close to other dude
February 17, 2009 @ 10:04 PM
obakeissick

LOL. Nah but seriously, what does Obake mean? Why would two up and coming designers flock to it? And aren't the design styles that go with each clothing line amazingly similar? I think this is a classic example of why more thought and research needs to go in to picking a name for a brand....

The word itself can literally be translated into the English word "ghost", but can also mean monster, shape-shifter, or one that transforms. I think our concepts are completely different. I chose the name to give credit to all of the Japanese shows that I used to watch when I was growing up. These shows just so happened to feature many kinds of Obake, and it was these shows that got me in to drawing and art in the first place. I have a strong connection with Japanese stuff in general. Keep in mind that as time goes both brands' ideas and concepts could shift and change. So if you see our designs as similar, it shouldn't come as a surprise for two up and coming brands with the same name. Neither of us bit off each other, we just had the same idea.

Complete coincidence.

Please login first to reply.