SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
January 24, 2009 @ 11:26 AM

I discovered only recently about Hypebeast and its forum. I'm impressed, this is an amazing place and the forum is a real goldmine!

After one year spent working in the textile industry I thought it was time to move on and do something for myself. Some months ago I designed a few graphics and silkscreened a couple of them to test 'em in the real world and get some feedback.

The concept behind the brand is to produce very limited run clothings, from 100 to 300 items for design max and hand number them (like art prints).
So far so good, now I'm planning to produce the first collection but I'm having troubles finding distributors and shops willing to sell my stuff. Basically they all refuse to work with unknown brands and, even if they like the design, they are not gonna take any risk because of the present economy crisis.

I could sell my tshirts online but that would take too long to counterbalance the production expenses.

I would love to get some tips/opinion/suggestion from from a different perspectives, in my town I'm pretty isolated when it comes to talk about this kind of things.

(I took the pictures by myself, models are friends... I think I'm gonna reshot a couple of them)

January 24, 2009 @ 12:03 PM
SubConThreads

it looks ok, but i'd like to see more than 2 shirts
January 24, 2009 @ 02:48 PM
Pavoneo

it looks ok, but i'd like to see more than 2 shirts

basically
January 24, 2009 @ 02:59 PM
Deemy

Seems like you obviously know what you're doing, in terms of the photography and designs. Out of those two designs, I like the black shirt better but I personally wouldn't wear anything with skulls.
January 25, 2009 @ 09:48 AM

sorry guys, I should have uploaded more pictures first.
Here we go... a few mockups and a couple of new design I'm gonna print soon:

- the final design will use a different photo (very similar though)

January 25, 2009 @ 12:26 PM
unvrsl

nice clean stuff. a little on the trendy side, doesn't have a specific streetwear esthetic or appeal IMO. all I can say is keep building on successes, and avoid repeating any failures. I really like the photos.
January 25, 2009 @ 01:32 PM
hotchrome

what kind of stores did you approched? i dont have any kind of problem about selling my shirts to stores and i dont think you will if you go to the right store. its all about that. walt mart wont cary my line but the little unknown graffiti or skate store will...

drive to the city and drop your line sheet at a couple places you will sell. pretty cool line by the way
January 26, 2009 @ 12:52 PM
wallychamp

the title says "brand from Italy".... but i fail to see it.
January 26, 2009 @ 01:06 PM
Team Lazy

the title says "brand from Italy".... but i fail to see it.

I think he may have just been pointing out that he's from Italy (according to his loc).

This stuff is pretty ecko status which most here wouldn't wear but that doesn't mean it won't sell to the majority of people out there. You have to remember that the common consumer is looking for trends or whatever is sold in major stores like Macy's. I doubt there's as much brand loyalty to those consumers are there is for streetwear brands. You need designs that will catch the former consumers eyes and then just hope they have seen a celebrity wear something similar recently.
January 26, 2009 @ 01:08 PM
wallychamp

^^ yeah i know that he is from italty. Im saying that he shouldve used it to his advantage with Italy being one of the major players in the fashion industry in the whole world.
January 26, 2009 @ 01:21 PM
Allurre

You seem to have experience with photography.. and designing.. however, how do you think your customers will feel when they see your tees?

Personally, I would pump out more designs that serves a purpose.. or sends a helpful message to the potential buyer.

What does your brand mean btw?
January 27, 2009 @ 03:52 AM

Some interesting point emerged....

Store selection: I visited the usual suspects (skate shops, snowboard shops, selected brand shops, etc.). Even the smallest shop had a very strict policy about brand selection. I'm gonna search outside my area (I'm located near Venice) and check some shops in Milan soon, maybe they are a little bit more enterprising there.

From in Italy: from a marketing perspective should I stress it a little bit more? The printed tag says something like "Designed in Italy"... I'm using the same printing industry as used by top players like Diesel, 55DSL, Stone Island, Miu Miu, Evisu EU, etc... it cost me an harm and a leg but it allow me to check every step in the production chain.

The message:I though it was wise to use simple designs for the first run and experiment more later. EXceptionally uniQUE as every article is produced in small quantity and hand numbered on the hang and on the inner label.

I'm planning to start selling on Karmaloop's Kazbah... any first hand experience with that? Do they accept brands from overseas?
January 27, 2009 @ 04:36 AM
Team Lazy

^^ yeah i know that he is from italty. Im saying that he shouldve used it to his advantage with Italy being one of the major players in the fashion industry in the whole world.

Ah, my bad. I totally misread/misunderstood your original post that I quoted haha.

You seem to have experience with photography.. and designing.. however, how do you think your customers will feel when they see your tees?

Personally, I would pump out more designs that serves a purpose.. or sends a helpful message to the potential buyer.

What does your brand mean btw?

Your brand doesn't necessarily need to have a message, positive or not. If anything, a lot of the top selling brands (like ecko that I had mentioned earlier) have 0 message whatsoever. Not saying that that's a good thing, just that if you hit the right market a lot of things become irrelevant in regards to putting up sales numbers.

And 021077, I don't believe karmaloop's kazbah accepts overseas brands, but you can always contact them if you want an answer from the sourve.
January 31, 2009 @ 11:35 AM
TheGoodieBag

Gold Coin Clothing does the same type of thing in regards to producing limited-runs and exclusive t-shirts. The most they print of any 1 style is 500 t-shirts. Anyways, I run a company called The Goodie Bag. We act as distributors and authorized dealers for a multitude of brands, here in Canada. I'd love to carry your brand on my website, www.thegoodiebag.ca, and probably my storefront when it opens. If the position is available I'd love to become your company's distributor for Canada or North America. Feel free to e-mail me at [email]peter@thegoodiebag.ca[/email].
February 6, 2009 @ 05:06 AM

And 021077, I don't believe karmaloop's kazbah accepts overseas brands, but you can always contact them if you want an answer from the sourve.

Hi Team Lazy, I'm gonna email them and post the result later, it might be useful for other people too.
February 7, 2009 @ 04:23 PM
seattle IMP 08

to be honest it kind of reminds me of the designs you will find at places like k mart and sears...the creative element seems missing in these t;s
February 16, 2009 @ 06:00 PM

hi seattle, thanks for the feedback... I prefer to keep the designs simple and uncluttered though that's just a matter of taste. smile

Please login first to reply.