Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
December 1, 2008 @ 09:32 PM
hot_sauce52

where do you guys go to buy your domains? i want to find somewhere cheap but i dnt want ads at all. i was referred to godaddy.com but i dont know if they have ads or not. any help would be greatly appreciated
December 1, 2008 @ 09:36 PM
thelegitimacy

If you are paying for hosting, there will be no ads for the most part. I use HostMonster for my personal portfolio.
December 1, 2008 @ 09:55 PM
sarge

GoDaddy is a great place to buy a cheap domain name.

When you purchase your domain with them, you're given free hosting which is very good, however they place GoDaddy banners at the top of your page. There are ways to hide them, although it's not really recommended. They offer a pretty big variety of paid hosting plans, or you can use a third party host. Honestly though, to get reliable hosting with no ads, you're most likely going to have to pay.
December 1, 2008 @ 10:02 PM
xdiddykongx

godaddy for domains, 1and1 for cheap hosting..
December 2, 2008 @ 12:57 AM
AnmlHse

im a full time web dev and trust me... go with hostmonster. ive messed with it all and HM give you more features for less. it also automatically creates databases such as wordpress blogs, newsletters, chat room, forum, etc. check your stats, company email, and unlimited domains. and if you dont get HM, at least get something with CPanel. it will make life a lot easier for you.
December 2, 2008 @ 06:49 AM
staySubmerged

hot_sauce52.. im not tryin to jack ur thread.. but um.. i had some questions regarding web hosting as well.. so ima just post it here..

i think any replies would be useful info for you as well..

im a full time web dev and trust me... go with hostmonster. ive messed with it all and HM give you more features for less. it also automatically creates databases such as wordpress blogs, newsletters, chat room, forum, etc. check your stats, company email, and unlimited domains. and if you dont get HM, at least get something with CPanel. it will make life a lot easier for you.

1. dude.. have u ever used bluehost.com? are they any good?
cuz from the wordpress site.. its one of the recommended hosts..

2. and about wordpress.. are most of you guys using wordpress to build your entire site..?

3. if you wanted to make a shop.. without using big cartel.. wats the best way to do that..?

aite.. cool beans..
December 2, 2008 @ 08:57 AM
AnmlHse

nobody should really solely on wordpress for their site. bluehost is good but dont forget about web space, email, and other services.

oscommerce and zencart are 2 widely used open source shopping carts. if you suck at html and css, stick to paypal buttons or bigcartel.
December 2, 2008 @ 11:49 AM
xdiddykongx

you can make a wordpress blog off any hosting that lets you create a database. most hosting does that.

hm is a good hosting, but if you're cheap, I recommend 1and1. Godaddy's interface is so damn complicated you always end up calling the company for guidance.

I actually made one yesterday jaykon.com/blog
came out legit!
December 2, 2008 @ 07:56 PM
antilabs

www.vircasa.com

Been w/them since 2001! Only paid $85.

www.mediatemple.com

If you feel like balling out. They're the standard in the design world.
December 2, 2008 @ 11:24 PM
hot_sauce52

i have a friend thats good at html, how is godaddys interface difficult? am i not able to just purchase a domain, and get the free webhosting and just use html code to design the site?
December 3, 2008 @ 09:58 AM
antilabs

GODADDY'S HOSTING is bullshit. don't fuck with them if you're looking to do professional shit.
December 3, 2008 @ 10:00 AM
AnmlHse

you can make a wordpress blog off any hosting that lets you create a database. most hosting does that.
true, but anyone wouldn't be knowledgeable on databases if they're having problem looking for hosting.

i have a friend thats good at html, how is godaddys interface difficult? am i not able to just purchase a domain, and get the free webhosting and just use html code to design the site?

contrary to popular belief...GODADDY SUCKS! and its expensive. what are you putting on your site???
December 3, 2008 @ 10:05 AM
antilabs

any host you go with make sure they allow you to utilize either PLESK, CPANEL, or PARALLELS.

you'll be thankful you did down the road.
December 3, 2008 @ 10:48 AM
BreezyE

Go Daddy & Yahoo are cool if your on a budget. They have super cheap prices.
December 3, 2008 @ 01:13 PM
antilabs

www.vircasa.com is good if you're on a budget.

you only pay one time, forever.
December 3, 2008 @ 09:39 PM
hot_sauce52

what u guys think of www.prolinkhosting.com/ its hella cheap for webhosting, anyone tried it?
December 3, 2008 @ 09:45 PM
AnmlHse

i dunno bout that...looks fishy to me.
December 3, 2008 @ 09:57 PM
antilabs

i wouldn't use that unless someone solid vouched for it.

even then, it's more expensive than www.vircasa.com .
February 1, 2009 @ 01:44 PM
ilovejeans

fa sho
February 1, 2009 @ 02:44 PM
unvrsl

hostgator.com for sure
February 1, 2009 @ 03:34 PM
cloudedmind

yea, godaddy is pretty cheap and i've had a good experience so far with it. easy to redirect ur domain to another site also.
February 1, 2009 @ 06:04 PM
Optimus82

i had ipowerweb as my first host. but been using www.siteground.com for the longest time.
February 3, 2009 @ 08:51 AM
conrad

A good place to buy domains today is www.namecheap.com , and for good quality hosting you can look into www.hostgator.com and www.mediatemple.net
December 17, 2013 @ 06:08 AM
novelnosh

where do you guys go to buy your domains? i want to find somewhere cheap but i dnt want ads at all. i was referred to godaddy.com but i dont know if they have ads or not. any help would be greatly appreciated
I always prefer the online vendor Tucktail.com for domain buy.Here i can get reliable and good service at cheap rate ..There is no problem with the ads .I didn't expereince with godaddy.com.

Please login first to reply.