I don't know if this is anything anyone would be interested in, but I figured I'd pose the question and find out. I was thinking about the fact that everyone who has started or is in the process of starting a brand needs or is looking for supplies of some sort. Whether it's packaging, tags, t-shirts, stickers, hats, ect....too many to name. So, would it make sense if you started a schedule with items needed, who needs them, how much and ordered each thing in bulk to get lower rates? Don't jump all over me, it's just an idea that may or may not work. I know that there are a few issues with the idea:
1. It seems like it's a little too much "help". When a person has the drive to start their own line they need to be willing to do the research and put in the time and work. If they can't do it then maybe they need to try something else.
2. When is comes to ordering certain items with specific logo details, bulk items are usually based one logo/design, like hats, stickers and the like.
3. It might be hard to get enough people to get onto a schedule for ordering what they need. Everyone is usually in different phases of production, everyone has a different depth of knowledge of clothing and design, when it comes to what they want, how they want it, and how detailed they want it to be, not everyone has the money at the same time.
4. If for some reason this could work out there would have to be someone or a group designated to make and keep orders organized and accurate which would take a lot of time, communication and trust (not just with money but even ideas and the caring about accuracy of someones vision).
5. The locating of the companies that would take on such a complex job with so many facets and no mistakes, mishaps or mess ups. No one likes or can afford errors.
I'm not going do a poll because I want real feedback.....So is it too far fetched? Too complicated? Just an all around bad idea? Good idea but will never happen? Let me know.