Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
September 26, 2008 @ 09:14 PM
kyoru

So I came across something very interesting today.

Basically I met this guy through a friend of mine, he said he could print shirts for me, so I talked to him about getting a set done to see how good he is. He messed up the shirts and straight up refused to refund my money and I was ready to straight knock him out if I ever saw him again. He eventually passed the money back to my friend who gave it back to me.

Fast forward to today and I learn that he start his own t-shirt company and his bitten some of my designs. So I took a look at his site and low and behold I see some rip offs, and one of my graphics being used on his site.

www.stage2clothing.ca/collection.php

Ripping off:
importbible.com/design.php?design=iluvsupra
importbible.com/groupbuy_design.php?design=altezza

I'm appalled that another business would even copy a competitor yet alone a client. I know he operates in my city, and I'm quite choked about this, I'm not what to do about it. What do you guys think.
September 26, 2008 @ 09:22 PM
camthraxFHK

knock his ass out like you said you would.

this is pretty bad...
September 26, 2008 @ 09:30 PM
JDL

wow! the sincerest form of flattery is imitation. The best thing you could do is learn form your mistakes and know a little better who you are dealing with. But don't do anything to hurt yourself or your career. Just keep pushing. if you are doing something right they are going to bite... that is life. adapt and overcome.
September 26, 2008 @ 10:01 PM
kyoru

wow! the sincerest form of flattery is imitation. The best thing you could do is learn form your mistakes and know a little better who you are dealing with. But don't do anything to hurt yourself or your career. Just keep pushing. if you are doing something right they are going to bite... that is life. adapt and overcome.

Yeah I'm a lot more careful now, but I didn't give him any designs that he copied from me.
September 26, 2008 @ 10:04 PM
Kickapop?

just jizz in his eye yo!
September 26, 2008 @ 10:10 PM
Gid3

Fuck dawg u gotta knock that bitch outt and then design a new tee just straight dissing his shitt
September 26, 2008 @ 10:29 PM
Vancouver

haha wow what a fag. I mean I guess its ok to make something similar but he obviously just straight ripped your designs. im not so big with the law so I dont know how much it would even benefit you, but you should sue his ass
September 26, 2008 @ 10:35 PM
Zachary M

print a tee of him on his back after you touch him with a right hook
September 26, 2008 @ 10:38 PM
IDny

Punch him in da mouth take a picture STG it on a tshirt with the text don't steal !!!!lol
September 26, 2008 @ 10:41 PM
Subsistence.

Weak-sauce anyway.
September 26, 2008 @ 11:31 PM

Inactive

Weak-sauce anyway.

i was thinking the same thing
September 26, 2008 @ 11:37 PM
w)entandrew

some people tell them what they want and have him "draw it up on his own"

its a problem. i took a screen printing class and this dyke ass spoke about having a print company. then talked about designing shit for people.

pretty much waht she described was taking google images and ripping google images and putting shit together. charging 45 dollars for this bullshit work that takes me about 3 minutes in photoshop. i wanted to sock her in the face.

it pisses me the fuck off

Forum Administrator • @HOYITSDREW

September 26, 2008 @ 11:51 PM
dynamiteden

happens all the time
September 27, 2008 @ 01:53 AM
Tecknicolor

This might help creativecommons.org/

tecknicolor.com

September 27, 2008 @ 01:45 PM
I CAME FROM NOTHING

i was thinking the same thing

nice in a car show room...
September 27, 2008 @ 05:14 PM
Cleansweep

any bite is the worst dealing with. In this situation though its different sense you brought your work to him! I would definitely air him out and let everyone know u know in the import scene what a buster this dood is. >sad F@#K Biters.
September 28, 2008 @ 09:51 AM
@KRAEZYClothing

yo
Bro if i was you id hit him with the Austrian shit! Lock him in cellar take all his revenue make him do your prints for free. For like 10 years lol.

CREATIVE HUSTLERS TRADING PLACES

September 28, 2008 @ 04:52 PM
TheHuntingClub

Man that really sucks but dont do anything you will later regret. Learn from your mistakes and move on.
September 28, 2008 @ 06:28 PM
DeeCaff

im sorry to hear about that. i was going to post this site up for you but it seems you already hit them up. good luck bro and stay up one.

http://youthoughtwewouldntnotice.com/blog3/
September 29, 2008 @ 12:24 AM
Toosmooth149

thats fuked, I would def. blow his shit up on the internet
September 29, 2008 @ 05:50 AM
Allurre

I'll set his office on fire.
September 29, 2008 @ 12:37 PM
jasonhowell7

Damn! I'm sure there are copyright laws out there that will protect you.
If you are the original creator then, you should have almost automatic copyrights....dont quote me! BUt, if you got to us trademark and patents.gov you should get some more answers.

If you find out there is protection for you I would give him a legal right hand right into his pockets and take every dime he got.
you gotta trump his duece!
-j
September 29, 2008 @ 01:06 PM
AntonyT

that sucks.
October 2, 2008 @ 11:21 PM
The(after)Life

that is low... haha if you have money or a lawyer, you could either sue him or have your lawyer send him a cease and desist letter with the threat of a lawsuit over copyright infringement.
October 3, 2008 @ 12:16 AM
ART.FrisCO

i'd fuck him up. then imma kill his kids. then burn his house down to the ground.>sad
October 3, 2008 @ 09:04 AM
BMC

Knock his ass out then.. report to other brands thats he was bitten off of ... show them the link so he can get jacked... if that was me i wud have beat him down and took my money bak... datz 1 thing i dont play about somebody messn over my Mula when printing...

A while back i had this guy to print me 20 t's he funked them up and its a good thing i didnt pay him yet so i told him he has to gimme free blank ts ... he said no ... so i said if you dont ill beat u down me and my hommie.. Then 3 dayz later he callz me and told me he got my blank shirts...

dont start nothn it wont be nothn

Broken Mindz Clothing/Screen Printing Service Brokenmindzclothing@gmail.com IG: BrokenMindz

October 3, 2008 @ 02:08 PM
Greedo

Let us know if you want us to write a review of the tee on the "review " option..if he gets like 20 reviews saying he ripped off Import Bible it'll freak him out haha
October 4, 2008 @ 08:08 AM
Eggroll822

whoa that is seriously fucked up.... too bad he is gonna run out of damn designs cause all he does is jack them...
October 4, 2008 @ 10:16 AM
sarcastik

This is something I actually thought about when was choosing a printer. I wanted to choose a printer that had affiliation or connections with the culture that I was printing shirts for. In my case hip-hop. This was kinda of an extreme, but even it seems like every printer has a clothing line or access to people that sell so if you have dope design and they have the screens and ink and all that already set up the temptation is just to much to just print 50-100 extra for themselves and sell them low key at car show or something or even just print up 20 and give free shirts to all their friends. Either way that hurts what you're doing. Even my printer has an assistant dude who sometimes drops off my orders and he was like, "ay yo I really liked yo white gurl design man" and I'm thinkin to myself. I bet that motherfucker printed one for himself...lol

Please login first to reply.