HALLOWEEN SALE - UP TO 25% OFF - USE CODE: NOTRICKS14 (24 HOURS LEFT)
July 23, 2008 @ 07:11 PM
drifter

Hey,

I have been throwing around an idea similar to KarmaLoops Kazbah or whatever the hell it's called.

Essentially artist/designers whatever you are or want to be called can sell your stuff easily and to a broader market.

Question is would this do well? Have any of you tried to sell through Karmaloop? was it to difficult?

Would you be interested in selling on a wesbite that is a collective site full of different clothing?
July 23, 2008 @ 07:37 PM
Khay

I would definitely be down to get in on this. Good idea in my opinion.
July 23, 2008 @ 09:28 PM
Greedo

That's a pretty good idea, online shop that just sells indie labels.

how would it work?
July 23, 2008 @ 09:50 PM
theking

sounds cool, it wud very tough to code though and would most likely turn into something like this
bigcartel.com/stores
July 25, 2008 @ 12:46 AM
Khay

If he could get it to be similar to Kloop, that would be tight.
July 25, 2008 @ 07:16 AM
I CAME FROM NOTHING

I had the same idea last week.

One online store, run by all the artists and designers, they would be responsible for there stock and shipping.

I think there would have to be a small admin staff and the site would have to be run at small % of the sales of each item.
July 25, 2008 @ 07:20 AM
I CAME FROM NOTHING

sounds cool, it wud very tough to code though and would most likely turn into something like this
bigcartel.com/stores

why not use big cartel or wny not use www.shopify.com - theofficialbrand use the site and its run just like bigcartel

shop.theofficialbrand.com/
July 25, 2008 @ 10:17 AM
Jblack4083

Karmaloop rejected my submission ha ha but I don't think I had enough pieces to begin with. I presented with two pieces which I think was the downfall.

I'd also be interested in places that offer similar things like the Kazbah.
July 25, 2008 @ 11:29 AM
theking

woodencotton.com is a good site for small brands
July 25, 2008 @ 01:36 PM
Khay

why not use big cartel or wny not use www.shopify.com - theofficialbrand use the site and its run just like bigcartel

shop.theofficialbrand.com/

We probably shouldn't use Big Cartel seeing how we all have our own individual stores and that would make it one big store of other stuff. Sub sections and whatnot would make it more legit.
July 25, 2008 @ 04:06 PM
evers

personally i think that is a great idea.
www.5thandprospect.com/
(horizontal)

i started thinking about this 4 years ago, wrote the business plan etc. but was busy with getting a marketing degree, working, drinking, sexing, etc. etc. but right now its a better time than ever since kloop is on some jr high clothier shit and dg though i respect them since day one definately isnt the place for real independent brands so im actually in the development process right now and making sure the functionality and presentation is proper. from a marketing perspective it just seems that there are a lot of things that smaller stores could be doing but have failed to do because they are on some follow the leader shit and could care less about innovation with presentation, marketing and such. whatevers ill shut up but if you do do a store just keep marketing in the front of your mind since essentially youre marketing for designers with limited resources. then again i might suck too but in a few months we'll see.
July 25, 2008 @ 07:20 PM
JDL

yeah I'm in
www.shopdalynn.com
July 27, 2008 @ 12:07 PM
Jblack4083

personally i think that is a great idea.
www.5thandprospect.com/
(horizontal)

i started thinking about this 4 years ago, wrote the business plan etc. but was busy with getting a marketing degree, working, drinking, sexing, etc. etc. but right now its a better time than ever since kloop is on some jr high clothier shit and dg though i respect them since day one definately isnt the place for real independent brands so im actually in the development process right now and making sure the functionality and presentation is proper. from a marketing perspective it just seems that there are a lot of things that smaller stores could be doing but have failed to do because they are on some follow the leader shit and could care less about innovation with presentation, marketing and such. whatevers ill shut up but if you do do a store just keep marketing in the front of your mind since essentially youre marketing for designers with limited resources. then again i might suck too but in a few months we'll see.

This sounds good. I'm down.
July 27, 2008 @ 02:29 PM
hustlerrobb

Hey guys me and friend had a similar idea also. We just got started and we have to hit a few tradeshows to look for vendors to match our criteria, but here's what we have so far. theurbanblvd.blogspot.com.
July 27, 2008 @ 02:32 PM
hustlerrobb

http://hustlingmagician.weebly.com
This sounds good. I'm down.

I second that. I'm down also.smilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmile
July 27, 2008 @ 08:49 PM
DefineRootsCOM

Been Working On This Idea For About Yearcool

I've Contacted Dozens Of Brands (a Couple Of Brands From Hb) trying To Set Up Strictly Drop Shipping With Independent Labels In The Beginning. It Was Pretty Hard To Set Up Because Most Of The Brands Want To Know How Much Traffic You're Bringing In And If It Is Worth Setting Up An Account With You And Shit And A LOT Of Other Stuff Comes Into Play. That Info I Didn't Have Because The Fact Was It Was Just An Idea At The Time And I Had No Running Site So The Drop Shipping Idea Didn't Work Out For Me To Start Off. So Now I'm Just Doing Straight Buy Outs With Companies So I know There Are A Lot More Quality Independent Streetwear Brands Out There And I Got My Eye On Them And Will Definitely Be Adding More Of Em To The Site In The Near Future.

So I've Finally Got The Site Up Now, Representing The Underground Hip Hop Culture From Clothing >to> Music - I Want To Get A Lot More Independent Clothing Brands And Feature Them On The Site (and Not Have Them In A Side Section Like Kazbah) Cuz That's What My Site Represents - The Underground Hip Hop Culture, Which Is Mainly Independent Shit So Fits Perfect.

Looking Forward To Working With A Couple Heads In Hb-
Villainy/Gno/Local Legends/...?
Check It Out And Let Me Know If You Got Any Ideas...

www.defineroots.com
July 28, 2008 @ 06:20 PM
evers

defineroots. the concept reminds me of giantpeach another CA store. whats up with you cali kids and underground hip hop. really though im feeling the brands and product that you currently have. real nice. presentation and branding not so much. personal taste nothing to do with you just think underground hip hop is a limited route to take for independent design even circa 2000.

another personal issue hate the saying you have to start somewhere. i say try to get it as close to right the first time even if that means cooling out for a few plays, getting the capital to make your debut proper.

whats up black...glad your down ill take a look at your stuff and get back with you with an info kit soon with details if everything is everything. quality control(no underground hip hop pun intended) is a must even for the independents. im never satisfied with my ish.
August 1, 2008 @ 01:41 AM
Khay

So is anyone going to get a really good online store going like Kazbah?
August 1, 2008 @ 08:19 PM
Jblack4083

So is anyone going to get a really good online store going like Kazbah?

I'm in if anyone does. I should actually do this myself :lol:. I can bang out a fully functional site like this in a few days. Too much work though.
August 1, 2008 @ 09:25 PM
Khay

Do it dude! Help everyone out.
August 1, 2008 @ 10:44 PM
Cubano

Deadass, do it Jblack. I'm sick of the loop.
August 1, 2008 @ 10:48 PM
Jblack4083

Do it dude! Help everyone out.

It will be so hard to A) get brands B) Make it successful C) profit.

I'm not sure. It takes NOTHING to start up except for the domain. I already have hosting for the website. SSL certificate can be gotten around if I use paypal but I already have a merch account so that wouldn't make any sense. IDK. It will be extremely hard to get people to go to the site and buy. I have trouble getting people to hit up my blog itsblackslife.blogspot.com (Shameless plug). OK I'm lying, I get 50+ unique visitors a day but still... you see where I'm coming from.

I have an advantage by having a merchant account so credit cards can be taken directly. I'd probably do 80/20 also instead of the rate the other sites charge.
August 2, 2008 @ 12:04 AM
Khay

Naw dude, it wont be hard to get brands. There's tons on here that will be willing to get into the store. If you take like 20% of profit you'll make money dude.
August 2, 2008 @ 12:09 AM
Jblack4083

Getting people to buy from the site is the hard part. People aren't into buying from little brands, even when they are doing a clearing sale and stuff is 15 dollars with free shipping (Shameless plug).

Ok but on the real, that's the hardest part. I gotta tackle that first. I want to make it so that brands are rewarded for quick shipment.
August 2, 2008 @ 11:54 AM
Veeurbanite

its not a bad idea and maybe the brands could advertise for themselve ....i'll help if that's ok with u guys

http://twitter.com/veeurbanite

August 2, 2008 @ 04:08 PM
Khay

Yeah, all the brands who are in the store can advertise and shit. I personally get a lot of sales and don't find it hard and being in another place with other small brands would be tight.
August 2, 2008 @ 07:10 PM
Jblack4083

Yeah, all the brands who are in the store can advertise and shit. I personally get a lot of sales and don't find it hard and being in another place with other small brands would be tight.

I'll see about working on it. I've been thinking up names lately. I'm gonna be straight up, I'm trying to profit off this first and foremost. Khay do you sell on your website?
August 2, 2008 @ 07:18 PM
Khay

Eh, what do you mean do I sell on my website? We have a bigcartel store setup so, I guess it would be yes.
August 2, 2008 @ 07:24 PM
Veeurbanite

yup let's keep it moving i've been working on sum shit lately that's why i haven't post here but i learn from about every brand On HB than a lot of crappy streetwear brand out there ...

http://twitter.com/veeurbanite

August 2, 2008 @ 07:38 PM
Turney

Not a bad Idea, There are a few worries for whoever owns or participates in the shop though.. I had originally thought of doing that with my store Brand New Intention The main problem is that you can't control the quality of the product or how quick or how well each designer sends there stuff out. I decided to just connect with the artists and give them a huge chunk of the profits. This way I can make sure that the quality is tight, do photoshoots, etc. Still a work in progress...

Also, I heard that from a friend that owns Arts Projekt that they will be opening up shop in mid august. Similar to what I'm doing but on a way bigger scale!

Please login first to reply.