Halloween Sale - Up to 25% Off Your Entire Order - Use Code: NOTRICKS14
December 18, 2008 @ 09:10 PM
thelegitimacy

Hi everyone. I had seen a shirt in a thread before on here. It was a black shirt with claw marks running down the center of the shirt from the right shoulder. Underneath the claw marks was a flannel design.

Anyone remember the name of the brand?

-TL
December 18, 2008 @ 09:29 PM
Veeurbanite

http://twitter.com/veeurbanite

December 18, 2008 @ 09:46 PM
thelegitimacy

December 24, 2008 @ 02:27 PM
kk0080

wadas
is there any place around LA that does
both fabric printing and tags??
December 26, 2008 @ 02:08 PM
Slykal

Hello there,

New to the site/forum, the name of my label is "Kososhee" www.kososhee.co.uk (still under development) We had a batch of t-shirts that were done locally in the UK but they were quite expensive. Can anyone recommend manufacturers outside the UK that could offer shirts of this quality (reasonably priced) ? store.americanapparel.co.uk/2001.html#i
December 30, 2008 @ 11:24 PM
flik

is there any place around LA that does
both fabric printing and tags??

we can do it . shoot me an e-mail graphics at ocscreenworks dot com
January 9, 2009 @ 02:35 PM

Inactive

Embroidery
What it is?
Alright so I wondering if neone knows a site/company that does embroidered logos, and well i hope. i want something similar to the lacoste style.
thanks
January 11, 2009 @ 02:20 PM
kayel

I have a question about screenprinting, I am going to ask my screener on monday cause hes closed rite no so i thaught id ask here first. 2 questions

1. my screen printers max size for designs 17"width 22"height. My question is, if my designs excede these dimensions is it possible to use 2 screens to extend the size or is there any other way im not thinking about?

2. My screenprinter's pricing goes by color among other things. Max 10 colors per white tee and 8 per black. but im having a hard time determining the amount of colors on my designs. do shades of lets say ,red count as just 1 color (Red) or is each and every shade a different color? If possible post a shirt example and amount of colors in the shirt with a small explanation so i can understand this. appreciate the help.
January 11, 2009 @ 06:21 PM
flik

I have a question about screenprinting, I am going to ask my screener on monday cause hes closed rite no so i thaught id ask here first. 2 questions

1. my screen printers max size for designs 17"width 22"height. My question is, if my designs excede these dimensions is it possible to use 2 screens to extend the size or is there any other way im not thinking about?

2. My screenprinter's pricing goes by color among other things. Max 10 colors per white tee and 8 per black. but im having a hard time determining the amount of colors on my designs. do shades of lets say ,red count as just 1 color (Red) or is each and every shade a different color? If possible post a shirt example and amount of colors in the shirt with a small explanation so i can understand this. appreciate the help.

1- yes and no, if you design has no real over lapping features, say print on the shoulders and then something on the bottom, they can hit it twice with 2 separate screens. other wise no, you would have to find a different printer

2- you can halftone different shades of red with red and black. the graphic designer at the shop should know how to do separations and halftones to minimize colors. if not, same answer as number 1, find another printer
January 11, 2009 @ 08:54 PM
kayel

1- yes and no, if you design has no real over lapping features, say print on the shoulders and then something on the bottom, they can hit it twice with 2 separate screens. other wise no, you would have to find a different printer

2- you can halftone different shades of red with red and black. the graphic designer at the shop should know how to do separations and halftones to minimize colors. if not, same answer as number 1, find another printer

appreciate the answers
January 11, 2009 @ 10:08 PM
flik

no problem
January 12, 2009 @ 09:08 PM
thelegitimacy

Anyone know which Alstyle tee Crooks and Orisue use? Is it the 1701 or the 1301??

Please help!

Thanks,

TLCL
January 16, 2009 @ 11:12 PM
flik

i think the 1701, not 100% sure though
February 1, 2009 @ 04:30 AM
DaveGold

Does a brand HAVE to have a concept behind it?

www.ProbablyNotGold.com

February 7, 2009 @ 08:12 AM
unvrsl

Does a brand HAVE to have a concept behind it?

Every brand should have a concept. A concept should not be confused with a gimmick
February 14, 2009 @ 07:19 AM
Mindstate

Quick question:

What are the requirements technical wise for printing on a tee? Do I have to design in Illustrator on a big canvas or something? And what about the colours I can use?
February 16, 2009 @ 08:31 AM
Ra-u

Can someone put me out of my misery & tell me how Mishka achieved this affect?
February 22, 2009 @ 03:52 AM
darkxmushu

does anyone know what 10deep uses for their sidepocket crewnecks?
February 25, 2009 @ 03:32 AM
renn

Hey HB, I amm deciding to start up a brand straight from scratch by myself but one of the things I am uncertain about is the procedure. I know I need to copyright a lot of things like the brand name, logo etc etc...but I am quite new to this. Does anyone know the procedure? After that, I plan on making designs for the shirts with Photoshop beforehand and probably posting it up to see if its appreciated or not, if it is, I will be starting up a website for purchases etc etc... From there I guess I could try to expand to selling at shops? I was just wondering if theres anyone on HB that has tried doing this and has fallen into some trouble?

Thanks for your help!

Renn.
(I will keep you all updated!)
March 1, 2009 @ 12:08 AM
Dxts...

Hey guys,i guess this is the place to ask.I want to make a custom backpack,but i really only want 1 for me,where would i get it made?Leather too btw,i know it'll b expensive too.

http://dxts.bandcamp.com/

March 3, 2009 @ 10:48 PM
Suraj

What program can be used to create a shirt and put a design on it?
March 4, 2009 @ 04:42 PM
Dxts...

What program can be used to create a shirt and put a design on it?

Illustrator...photoshop

http://dxts.bandcamp.com/

March 4, 2009 @ 05:02 PM
unvrsl

Can someone put me out of my misery & tell me how Mishka achieved this affect?

way simple.

repeated lines of text (copied text frames)
each line of text is copied, nudged down by a consistent measurement (or positioned approximately... using exact increments or guides would make it look a lot better and cleaner though) and then arranged to the back (Illustrator, InDesign) so the line above looks like it's covering it.

Each line is a certain percentage smaller (approximately 2% give or take) than the line above it. Either that or the point size is smaller by 1-10 pts per line.

If the cascading text is all the same color (like the Mishka tee) then it prob wouldn't matter if the line above is overlying or underlying the nearest lines to it... that's if you keep it at 100% opacity. If you bring down the transparency or change the color scheme then be careful to monitor whether the lines of text are arranged in front, or in back of the lines above/below them.

On second look, it looks like a gradient might have been applied to the purple text but I'm not sure.

I could be a little off in my method but it looks pretty simply achieved from what I know. I could fucks with this for you if you really need to. PM me.
March 4, 2009 @ 05:11 PM
unvrsl

Quick question:

What are the requirements technical wise for printing on a tee? Do I have to design in Illustrator on a big canvas or something? And what about the colours I can use?

the canvas doesn't have to be extremely large... but if the the illustration is large it would be a good idea. 300dpi (dots per inch or pixels per inch, ppi) is an ideal minimum resolution

use a large template when positioning elements on the tee or make separate files for each graphic to be placed on the tee and submit them all as tiffs, eps files, not sure if .pdf files work but at that stage you could call your printer and ask them what they need.
March 16, 2009 @ 08:43 AM
rust

I have a question about lengths of t-shirts.

I want to make my own shirts, but im wondering how long to make each size. Do you add 1 or 2 centimeter for each size or something?
March 17, 2009 @ 10:56 PM
&y

anyone know any good screen printers in OC?
March 19, 2009 @ 09:18 PM
Backspace2.0

hey, where can i post a single design to get feedback on it??? its because its a jacket design and dont want to start an entirely new thread for the brand, since its not final.

Just curious to see what comments are, so that way i can gather more of my designs to create my brand thread with multiple products so its not a waste of a thread

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssseeeeeee let me know cool
March 19, 2009 @ 09:28 PM
Backspace2.0

^^
in relation to my question above......

could there be an [OFFICIAL] design feedback thread in Upcoming&Emerging Brands?

so that way there's a place that's dedicated to little design feedback curiosity, so that way it would remove clutter in this section of the forums

i would REALLY appreciate if you guys can do this, i REALLY DONT want to start a "I NEED FEED BACK ON THIS DESIGN" type thread for a few designs
March 28, 2009 @ 08:34 AM
cts

k
April 7, 2009 @ 06:44 PM
brannen

where can i cop plain tees with a nice design but not a graphic design?
if that makes any sense

Please login first to reply.