Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
October 7, 2007 @ 02:38 AM
orkomunja

I wanna get advice from successful brands (e.g. DIAMOND, Orisue, Obey, The Hundreds, Etc.) and members from this board....

I'm thinking of working with some LA club promoters and throwing a Launch Party/mini Fashion Show for my tee shirt line. Do you think it's a good way to promote (or just a waste of inventory/$$$) by giving away free tees at this launch party?

My business partners say it'd be a great thing to give away like 50 free shirts, but i was thinking we'd just be wasting money since some of the dudes that are gonna be at this launch party aren't even part of my intended audience...What do you guys think / What are the best ways to promote your line? Should I just save these tees for an event where the majority of attendees are street 'fashionistas'??
October 7, 2007 @ 05:03 AM
HB ruin mylife

lets check out the tees, show em wats the website
October 7, 2007 @ 01:32 PM
kyoru

if you are entering in the market i'm not sure it is a smart idea. i would rather work by word of mouth till i'm some what known before i throw a launch party. unless you have connections i wouldn't bother having a party.
October 7, 2007 @ 11:53 PM
IC3crew

I would suggest promoting a fashion show with a vendor village along with different brands. You want to definitely promote your line to your audience and not to the basic clubbers, unless that's your intended audience. Working with a club promoter probably wouldn't be worth it.
October 8, 2007 @ 03:14 PM
BMC

when i started doing hip hop events i was selling tshirts on a table and it was great. But i suggesr you make 20 promotional tee's and give them away not 50. and on top of that dont put any of your designs on it but just ya logo and name of the company. to give away its better

Broken Mindz Clothing/Screen Printing Service Brokenmindzclothing@gmail.com IG: BrokenMindz

October 8, 2007 @ 03:22 PM
Half+Half

Just tell people that the money you get from the sales of the first t-shirts are going to charity, but then just keep the money for yourself. They won't know anyway!
October 8, 2007 @ 06:14 PM
why write

- stickers around your local city.
- myspace/facebook promotion.
- tell everyone you talk to about it.
- flyers.
- if geared towards "Streetwear" throw a skate or band competition and give the winners free gear and a portion of the profits from people entering this contest.

...someone add some more.
October 8, 2007 @ 07:38 PM
HB ruin mylife

kill yo'self
October 8, 2007 @ 07:44 PM
orkomunja

if i killed myself, who would continue to push my line? duhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
October 8, 2007 @ 08:48 PM
three

build a dope custom myspace page and get yourself a friend adder robot. that should help get the word out initially. not saying we did that though ;)

also, give away about 1/3-1/2 of the tees you make to select individuals. that will help also. dont expect to make any money in the beginning. basically the ones you sell will cover the ones you gave away. that will help to start getting people seeing it in the street.

in the long run though your design work will do most of the pushing.

good luck!
October 8, 2007 @ 09:43 PM
GSTUDIOS

build a dope custom myspace page and get yourself a friend adder robot. that should help get the word out initially. not saying we did that though ;)

also, give away about 1/3-1/2 of the tees you make to select individuals. that will help also. dont expect to make any money in the beginning. basically the ones you sell will cover the ones you gave away. that will help to start getting people seeing it in the street.

in the long run though your design work will do most of the pushing.

good luck!

dude, is that actually possible?

if it is, PM me with directions man haha

im not kidding though, that would really help
October 8, 2007 @ 10:52 PM
IC3crew

ME TOO!!!!!

Please login first to reply.