Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
October 2, 2007 @ 12:55 PM
FULLER

Hey everyone. I figured this was a good place to introduce some new shirts, and hopefully receive some comments/criticism. I've been mostly just lurking around here for a while now, and there are a lot of intelligent people behind this forum. First, some boring background info. I'm a freelance graphic designer and I do a lot of work with different bands, labels, clothing companies, etc. The "entertainment world" I guess? Anyways, I started this company back in March, with a different concept in mind. One that basically made no sense and wasn't my style at all. Like, people bought the shirts, but there wasn't any of my own personal style behind it. Long story short. I strongly dislike the four old shirts that I did prior to these two, and I'm stoked to head in a new, more genuine direction.

I'm definitely trying to represent the Midwest from here on out, because I don't really see an overabundance of brands from around here who are repping us. Even though the Midwest has been so, so integral to both music/art/fashion evolution.

All comments, questions and criticism are welcome. The temporary "official" website is just a souped up MySpace page: www.myspace.com/getfuller

The official online store is: www.districtlines.com/browse/FULLER

Thanks everyone,

Fuller

October 2, 2007 @ 01:25 PM
Ozone

That second one = sick.
October 2, 2007 @ 01:27 PM

Inactive

Yeah that 2nd shirt with the "1979" quote is sick.
October 2, 2007 @ 01:54 PM
FULLER

Yeah that 2nd shirt with the "1979" quote is sick.

I'm glad you picked up on that. Thanks to you the both of you for the comments.
October 2, 2007 @ 03:02 PM
Advantage

Nice man, feeling them both. Not the top one as much, because skulls are pretty played, but you made it more original- definitally liked how you put the body on it. keep at it, stuff is looking pretttyy fresh!
October 2, 2007 @ 03:52 PM
nikehead16

the last shirt is sick, i just checked out your website and also saw some other shirts that i thought where good. good job man.
October 2, 2007 @ 03:53 PM
streetsamurai

Sick man good job.
October 2, 2007 @ 04:26 PM
eds clothing

Yea these are dope
October 2, 2007 @ 04:48 PM
Check Your Six

That first one will make more sense if you're familiar with University if WI, madison. Its bucky badger. Nice designs cool
October 2, 2007 @ 04:51 PM
Brave

both are dope...nice job..the last one is sick though
October 2, 2007 @ 04:59 PM
emmanuelabor

even though theyre not my personal style, I can dig the both of these

good stuff
October 2, 2007 @ 05:40 PM
FULLER

Hey, thanks everyone. I appreciate all the comments immensely. If you guys have any more, feel free.
October 2, 2007 @ 11:55 PM
Greedo

I love the first one! the Smashing Pumpkins shout out is sweet on the second one..i love them both!
October 3, 2007 @ 11:05 AM
UCArts

Feeling the 1st one, good stuff!
October 3, 2007 @ 12:23 PM
mrnogoodnick

didn't read your intro cuz my attention span is short
and i don't understand the imagery or get the references
and i don't know why the name is "fuller"

but the designs are cool, the art is great, and the print quality looks good
October 3, 2007 @ 12:59 PM
TTG518x

very nice! i like 'em both...some same skulls are played out, but i will always like skulls, and i'm sure many others are the same way
October 3, 2007 @ 03:52 PM
streetsamurai

Sick!
October 3, 2007 @ 05:07 PM
extrodinaire

word up homie the second tee is mos def something i would rock good shit!
October 3, 2007 @ 05:14 PM
AGARBATTI

Print quality looks nice.
October 3, 2007 @ 05:30 PM
GSTUDIOS

hey man

Garrisyndrome Studios just sent you a friend request

your stuff is real cool, i like it alot. being from the midwest, i agree with you on the whole reppin MW thing.

i hope you dont mind me asking and i hate the be a "stealer"

but i was wondering what that font is that your using for "cool kids never have the time"

i had it on my old Dell, but Garrisyndrome Studios recently switched over to mac's and i cant find it anywhere...
October 3, 2007 @ 06:58 PM
FULLER

didn't read your intro cuz my attention span is short
and i don't understand the imagery or get the references
and i don't know why the name is "fuller"

but the designs are cool, the art is great, and the print quality looks good

Haha, I think I'll try to answer some of these questions even though they were more like statements. It's mostly because I'm bored at the moment.

Okay, as far as your attention span goes, I can't help you there. Basically, I just wanted people to know that I'm not a little scrub who started a clothing company to be cool. My attention span can be real short sometimes too though, so I feel your pain. Haha, but if you couldn't read that, you definitely won't read this...

The imagery. The first design (in which I'm calling "Hellbadger") is more influenced by my punk roots (as far as my choice of color scheme/font/skull head, etc) and I'm also trying to shout out the Midwest. Primarily Wisconsin, because that's where I'm from. So basically, I took the Wisconsin Badgers mascot and put my own twist on it. I think it's just one of those things where, if you know, you know. I'll be incorporating other states in the Midwest each time we drop new shirts or garments, but you know I had to take care of my own first.

The words "Midwest in flames" is simply implying that we are, without a doubt, killing it right now with music/art/style.

The second shirt has a few meanings for me. I call the figure "Pencey Penguin" -- paying homage to one of my favorite books. Again, if you know, you know. I plan on putting Pencey on a lot of items associated with FULLER, as a mascot, so to speak.

The slogan coincides with the shirt in a few different ways. Obviously, it's a Smashing Pumpkins song quote. I'm a huge fan of their music. Not to mention they hail from the Midwest. To me, the quote itself calls to people who are working their ass off on something they love. People who just don't have time for stupid shit that gets them nowhere. I think that makes them very cool. Secondly, it's a penguin, which is literally a "cool" animal. Haha, that wasn't really part of the idea, but I just realized it.

The last thing is, I wanted contrast. If you hold the shirts next to each other, they almost look as though they're about to face off against each other. Good versus evil. The colors too are a bit of a contrast. Very crisp white and red vs. overly saturated, neon colors.

The name of the company is FULLER because it's my middle name. However, when I use the word "fuller" in context of this company, I'm using it like..."I just ate a shit ton of Taco Bell and I can't get any fuller."

I think that's about it. Like I said, I'm just bored right now and thought I'd explain my ideas with these shirts. Thanks again to everyone for the comments.

Fuller
October 3, 2007 @ 07:15 PM
GSTUDIOS

but i was wondering what that font is that your using for "cool kids never have the time"

i had it on my old Dell, but Garrisyndrome Studios recently switched over to mac's and i cant find it anywhere...

thats nice and all for you to answer his questions^ but what about the font

im not trying top rip yopu or anything, i just cant find it anywhere online or on my mac

the font on windows was:

Elementary SF Black
October 3, 2007 @ 07:24 PM
FULLER

thats nice and all for you to answer his questions^ but what about the font

im not trying top rip yopu or anything, i just cant find it anywhere online or on my mac

the font on windows was:

Elementary SF Black

Check your MySpace maaan. I had to put that friend request to good use, you know? smile
October 7, 2007 @ 05:10 PM
FULLER

Different reaction
Haha. I got a post on a website called Absolutepunk the other day about the new shirts we dropped and the reaction there was so drastically different than the one I got on here. Just thought I'd thank everyone on here again for being so respectful and everything. I value your opinions tenfold.

You might get a kick out of some of these kids. Literally, kids.

http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=270562
October 7, 2007 @ 07:23 PM
dots...

i'd rock #2 without that background thing.Just the penguin.
October 8, 2007 @ 06:06 PM
Greedo

if you're doing a midwest mascot theme..you should do one of the Missouri Tigers and the Kansas Jayhawks..like they're charging each other with some sort of weapons..the teams are named after Civil war Millitias on the Missouri/ Kansas border..fun fact
October 8, 2007 @ 06:40 PM
FULLER

if you're doing a midwest mascot theme..you should do one of the Missouri Tigers and the Kansas Jayhawks..like they're charging each other with some sort of weapons..the teams are named after Civil war Millitias on the Missouri/ Kansas border..fun fact

Not a bad idea. I think I might try to focus on professional Midwest teams next. I'm not sure which sport to do though, or if I should try to incorporate all of them at once or just move down the line one by one. I guess it will be a surprise. I kind of want to do a throwback Bulls shirt with:

[CENTER]RAD MAN
91 [/CENTER]

on the back. But I think it would end up being too plain. Ehh, who knows. I've got a lot of things brewing right now. Pun intended.
October 9, 2007 @ 02:19 AM
Mr Chubbs

Hey man props on this line. Plus Im from the midwest too, so i relate. I sent out a request on the myspace too. Holla!
Oh and dont let those punk kids get you down, they tend to be some of the most elitist people on the face of the earth.
Sorry for the stereotypes haha.
smile

www.totallyfoolproof.com

October 9, 2007 @ 03:43 AM
domou

yes i like it.

check the
[HTML=http://www.some-one.ch]someone clothing company[/HTML]
handmade in switzerland
October 9, 2007 @ 09:04 AM
Evol Rocx

Haha. I got a post on a website called Absolutepunk the other day about the new shirts we dropped and the reaction there was so drastically different than the one I got on here. Just thought I'd thank everyone on here again for being so respectful and everything. I value your opinions tenfold.

You might get a kick out of some of these kids. Literally, kids.

http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=270562

Good job on handling those idiots with total class. Your designs are very clean. Keep up the good work.

Please login first to reply.