July 27, 2007 @ 10:55 AM
thepoloking07

Im trying to teach myself how to use a graphic design prgoram does anyone know a good program to use that isnt too hard to learn???
July 27, 2007 @ 11:26 AM
r0k

Im trying to teach myself how to use a graphic design prgoram does anyone know a good program to use that isnt too hard to learn???

photoshop and illustrator are usually the 2 that are industry standard.....

you cant really be put off by how hard something is to use....just have to start reading tutorials and going for it.
July 27, 2007 @ 11:45 AM
thepoloking07

will the trial version do?
July 27, 2007 @ 11:48 AM
MBond

Like he said Photoshop and Illustrator, if you doing designs make sure your resolution is high and definetly use Illustrator since its vector based. If its print like flyers and album artwork I use Photoshop but all my fonts I do in Illustrator and import the text into Photoshop to keep the crisp look to it. You need to get a serial for the trial version theres lots out there just look.
July 27, 2007 @ 04:02 PM
quid

Like he said Photoshop and Illustrator, if you doing designs make sure your resolution is high and definetly use Illustrator since its vector based. If its print like flyers and album artwork I use Photoshop but all my fonts I do in Illustrator and import the text into Photoshop to keep the crisp look to it. You need to get a serial for the trial version theres lots out there just look.
as long as youre going through the trouble making elements of a design in one program then laying it all up in another, you should really be using InDesign for the final layout. And on that note, photoshop above version 7 (i believe) uses vector type as long as you don't rasterize it, so importing copy from illustrator is a waste of time.

to the op, goto your school's library and get an educational version of the adobe suite, should be significantly cheaper but will still work just fine.
July 27, 2007 @ 05:37 PM
MBond

even if I dont rasterize the font it still don't look as good as an Illustrator font maybe its just me but I'm using CS3. Personally not a fan of InDesign even though I have used it as well as Quark Xpress. I just make my own layout and templates in Photoshop and go from there.
July 27, 2007 @ 06:11 PM
quid

even if I dont rasterize the font it still don't look as good as an Illustrator font maybe its just me but I'm using CS3. Personally not a fan of InDesign even though I have used it as well as Quark Xpress. I just make my own layout and templates in Photoshop and go from there.
i HATE dealing with any amount of copy in anything but InDesign or Quark anymore. Its just so much more geared towards type and such a light program for laying out the final product, especially if its more than one page.

The text should really be the same between illustrator and PS, but if i have something like logo text, or a logo in general, i always make it in illustrator and import it, just to ensure its the same exact thing every time.
July 27, 2007 @ 09:50 PM
creep3

It all takes time and trial and error man. Ive been using adobe photoshop for years and i still learn new things.
July 28, 2007 @ 02:01 AM
GrainBelt

illustrator only, photoshop is almost useless in the clothing bus...except for halftoning
July 29, 2007 @ 10:39 AM
GrainBelt

you can halftone in illustrator too

really.

wow, inform me more
July 31, 2007 @ 05:05 PM
transient

That's still raster...

But, uh, I don't know why but I do 90% of my vector work in photoshop and then import into illustrator. The pen tool just feels more comfortable...
August 1, 2007 @ 03:21 PM
soleFLY

whats halftone?

Please login first to reply.