HALLOWEEN SALE - UP TO 25% OFF - USE CODE: NOTRICKS14 (24 HOURS LEFT)
January 27, 2007 @ 10:24 PM
yonosay

wtf
this is not a original desing,me and a couple of friends did one like 3-4 years ago,i will post pic of it soon i cant do it now cuz the thing didn tlast 3 washes

as for your hoodie i like it,it be better if the interior was the same as the outside,and i give props for actually making a hoodie,
January 27, 2007 @ 11:06 PM
SOLESTRONG

again fashion, art and music are screwed becuase of folks like this... we have nothing to prove or hide we just are puting out our product... but i will say this if he has not done a search correctly and has freely posted what could be considered "legal advice" and you follow it and get sued he would liable for your business losses... and the statement you can't patent apparell is bs! I hate when people quote an interpretation of what they beleive to be true it's like saying you can't copyright the art on a t-shirt... any design can be patented as long as you prove it is worthy ... and in this case what was patened is the construction and frabrication not a simple pattern which can not hold a us patent for apparell... and the thing about 2 years we have been making clothes for the past 10 years wejus kept it low key we are also entering our third Magic show in Feb and for those who haven't ever applied for a patent or trademark it isn't hard to obtain it is rather expensive and time consuming becuase your lawyer has to be on point and it takes bread to do other than tat it's jus an approval... so again good try step you legal and business knowledge up son... I hope people follow what your saying becuase at the end the day your not hot if your not getting bootleged... so hype it up make it look like it's not solid and we will see what goes down...
I can guarantee that Sole Strong does not have a patent on this jacket. So if there is anybody in the Hype Beast community that wants to make your own,go ahead and do so. You can't patent apparel anyway unless it serves as a particular function. Plus,the US patent office takes up to two years to get a patent approved if there is no revisions. Let me guess, he started on this jacket over two years ago? Don't let him fool you. People who have patents are proud to release their patent #'s because they're so hard to obtain. You're the one playing games. good try though ... Matter fact ...if sole strong proves he has a patent. I will send everyone who has already posted in this particular forum a [U]free t-shirt[/U].

January 27, 2007 @ 11:11 PM
SOLESTRONG

good to hear if you did... I hadn't seen or heard of it so it is only coincedence that we had the same idea but thats dope to me how artist and musicians think the same sometimes and I'm sure you know it is biotch to make and costly... and you are 100% percent right it is not washer friendly... we specifically advise dryclean only... I am more than interested in seeing it and how you put together... pm me if you want
this is not a original desing,me and a couple of friends did one like 3-4 years ago,i will post pic of it soon i cant do it now cuz the thing didn tlast 3 washes

as for your hoodie i like it,it be better if the interior was the same as the outside,and i give props for actually making a hoodie,
January 28, 2007 @ 02:05 AM
yonosay

i dont have it anymore but i have pic of it i just need to find it

it was kinda easy to make it,id say the hardest part was finding al those laces
we place the shoe laces on the sweated marked it,when we were done we had a 1 inch cheker print,the we cut llike.80 of the line,leaving enuff room so that the material dont fall apart,then laced the hoodie,it came out similar but we had to tie the caps togeter,so we had a line going down the armpit with tied shoe capscool

in the us i think if can prove the hoodie is actuall art you patent it so others cant use it,but thats going to be hard,and you cant sue for similarities
January 28, 2007 @ 05:08 AM
thesneakergods

LOL Sole Strong... I'll see you at the Magic, maybe you'll show your patent numer in person you geek. By the way, what's your trade show booth number so our store can holla at you. The hoodies are nice. I was just sayin you shouldn't lie to the Hypebeast community about your patent. My sister is a copywrite attorney. And Like i said, if you had one you'd show it. That's my legal advice. sue me. I dare you. LOL
January 28, 2007 @ 08:50 AM
mrnogoodnick

The way people are hating on this dude is clownish. I don't think he needs to be doing this and he doesn't need anyone here to buy his hoody in order to be successful. If the quality of the garment is good he will find his market.

People are paying similar prices for Bape crap and endlessly "customized" sneakers.

He must have really struck a nerve to earn these kind of reactions. Patent number? My crew did it before but I can't find the picture?

Meanwhile he's getting publicity and moving pieces. You critics should be embarrassed. He shouldn't even be bothering to respond to you.
January 28, 2007 @ 10:06 AM
rico227

dawg, the hoody is nice, very original concept... but bottom line is, you almost chargin rent for one piece of clothing kid, lets be real... you can talk all you want but there is no way to justify that in my mind....
January 28, 2007 @ 02:20 PM
SOLESTRONG

ya we ran into similar problems but we deveoped away to glue the seem so that the material wouldnt frey or snag... it took about ten prototypes and alot of trial and error before construction was up to retail standard... sad thing is when manufatured we are still having to have to hand weave the product which is driving the price up termendously
i dont have it anymore but i have pic of it i just need to find it

it was kinda easy to make it,id say the hardest part was finding al those laces
we place the shoe laces on the sweated marked it,when we were done we had a 1 inch cheker print,the we cut llike.80 of the line,leaving enuff room so that the material dont fall apart,then laced the hoodie,it came out similar but we had to tie the caps togeter,so we had a line going down the armpit with tied shoe capscool

in the us i think if can prove the hoodie is actuall art you patent it so others cant use it,but thats going to be hard,and you cant sue for similarities
January 28, 2007 @ 02:28 PM
SOLESTRONG

ok so your gonna call me a geek and slander my credibility by saying I am a liar but then say you want to check out the product so your store can holla at me... dont even bother coming to my booth... it would be a waste of your time... the minute you tell me who you are i would'nt give you the time of day... your store and my product won't break either of our pockets so it is really is a mute point... cuase I choose who I do business with and you def are not on that list.. and I just realized what you are doing... your jus promoting your store where as I am getting my end buyers feedbackand using it to better my products ... and stop witht the myspace threats it is way too childish for business men to to play
LOL Sole Strong... I'll see you at the Magic, maybe you'll show your patent numer in person you geek. By the way, what's your trade show booth number so our store can holla at you. The hoodies are nice. I was just sayin you shouldn't lie to the Hypebeast community about your patent. My sister is a copywrite attorney. And Like i said, if you had one you'd show it. That's my legal advice. sue me. I dare you. LOL
January 28, 2007 @ 02:30 PM
SOLESTRONG

Finally someone see's my point... good looks my dude Pm me I will send you a shirt jus cuase you said something valid for a change
The way people are hating on this dude is clownish. I don't think he needs to be doing this and he doesn't need anyone here to buy his hoody in order to be successful. If the quality of the garment is good he will find his market.

People are paying similar prices for Bape crap and endlessly "customized" sneakers.

He must have really struck a nerve to earn these kind of reactions. Patent number? My crew did it before but I can't find the picture?

Meanwhile he's getting publicity and moving pieces. You critics should be embarrassed. He shouldn't even be bothering to respond to you.
January 28, 2007 @ 03:24 PM
PRs

Very original. The price is overwhelming though
January 28, 2007 @ 05:08 PM
thesneakergods

I didn't say I'm coming to see your product. I said I'm coming to see you Homie. Please believe.
January 28, 2007 @ 06:57 PM
SNKRHLC OG

Yo sole, If I were you, I wouldn't even waste my time with this dude. From time to time, people see something FRESH and all they can do is HATE. I went to dudes site and he's "getting ready for MAGIC", I guess he will be visiting and not exhibiting. I've seen the lineup...HE'S NOT ON YOUR LEVEL. Make it happen my dude. I got your back. And I'm sure he's gonna check out your booth!
January 28, 2007 @ 07:01 PM
SNKRHLC OG

Oh Yeah, SOLESTRONG, almost forgot, You're arguing with a dude that "BOOTLEGGED THE WAL-MART LOW PRICE ICON" and thinks it's fresh to show at MAGIC. Enough said!
January 28, 2007 @ 08:11 PM
SOLESTRONG

haha to funny but on the real his and my discussion got out of hand its a matter of we just dont see things the same... I wish no ill will on anyone all opions are welcomed if it is respectful... I think it is the dopest part bout hypebeast but again sometimes things become personal when there not... I'm not on here to act hella tough but at the same time im not gonna let people bootleg my stuff... my paperwork is in order you know that and you know from our private discussions I always am the first to help folks out with good solid advice if they ask... dudes shirt is cool its not as bad as lot and not as good as others but I feel the same bout my product I feel there is always room to improve and you know me and know how i get down you know imma keep humble... our conversation was bad business on both our parts period... alot of people might think i'm being pussy but at then of the day if we funk at the show its bad for my business rep and his as well... stores that buy can easily walk away if they see stuff like that... and other lines he might want to mess with him could walk as well... thanks for the support though it's much appricieated... oh if you are a shoe head check sneakeraholiks stuff its dope... one!
January 29, 2007 @ 09:48 AM
mrnogoodnick

one: Hey wassup now punk?

two: Huh? Wha? Who are you?

one: It's me! Thugged Out Internet Poster Dude here to settle our bulletin board beef for real!!

two: Oh yea! I'm gonna turn your emoticon from sassy wink to teary frown bitch!!

**punch, kick, scuffle, bite, stab, karate chop, sleeper hold, muy thai death elbow, roundhouse kick, roundhouse kick, nut punch**

bystander #1: Dayum! What the hell happened between those two?

bystander #2: <spooky white dude from kung-fu and kill bill voice>They were honor bound to fight to the death because a true warrior must settle all internet born blood fueds.

bystander #1: Wow.... .... .... .... ....Oh wait...woah...hey! OH GOD!!! ARE THEY MAKING OUT!?!?

<<sound effect>>
GONG!!!
January 29, 2007 @ 10:29 AM
mecca

i swear thats the illest and most original hoody i've seen in a while...but 750 is too deep for my pockets....its a great hoody though
January 29, 2007 @ 10:35 AM
SOLESTRONG

hahaha hella funny....smile
one: Hey wassup now punk?

two: Huh? Wha? Who are you?

one: It's me! Thugged Out Internet Poster Dude here to settle our bulletin board beef for real!!

two: Oh yea! I'm gonna turn your emoticon from sassy wink to teary frown bitch!!

**punch, kick, scuffle, bite, stab, karate chop, sleeper hold, muy thai death elbow, roundhouse kick, roundhouse kick, nut punch**

bystander #1: Dayum! What the hell happened between those two?

bystander #2: <spooky white dude from kung-fu and kill bill voice>They were honor bound to fight to the death because a true warrior must settle all internet born blood fueds.

bystander #1: Wow.... .... .... .... ....Oh wait...woah...hey! OH GOD!!! ARE THEY MAKING OUT!?!?

<<sound effect>>
GONG!!!
January 29, 2007 @ 10:42 AM
SOLESTRONG

yo I am kinda over even talking about the hoody.... I am gonna post preview pics of my shirts soon... lets get some feedback on those too...
January 29, 2007 @ 12:21 PM
pushnlbs

that hoodie's pretty original. on to something. I kinda like it. 750 though...ouch
January 29, 2007 @ 01:10 PM
paulp

thats a dope hoodie
def feelin the inner lining
January 30, 2007 @ 11:09 PM
TWICEBORNlife

Brother- keep doing your thing. Without originality we would never reach new heights in this industry that all of us obviously love. The last thing that i look at when designing or printing is what would be the easiest way or most cost effective. Who wants it easy... im looking to push the limits with my design. Dont take the comments to personal. You cant please everybody...there will always be someone who wont be feeling what your doing. But for every 1 that doesnt, there is a handful that will.
1luv
TWICEBORN
January 30, 2007 @ 11:19 PM
SOLESTRONG

thank you I'm with you... pm me we can network it out...
Brother- keep doing your thing. Without originality we would never reach new heights in this industry that all of us obviously love. The last thing that i look at when designing or printing is what would be the easiest way or most cost effective. Who wants it easy... im looking to push the limits with my design. Dont take the comments to personal. You cant please everybody...there will always be someone who wont be feeling what your doing. But for every 1 that doesnt, there is a handful that will.
1luv
TWICEBORN
February 9, 2007 @ 06:48 AM
king_mische

very well done. love the concept...its very original. congratulations thats really something. i would cop this in a heartbeat but $750?!?!?! too much man.
February 10, 2007 @ 08:41 PM
JewPac

If it wasn't $750 i'd be all over that but as it is my pockets aint that fat.
Definetly an ill hoodie though, i wish i wasn't broke as hell from buyin all my other clothes.
February 11, 2007 @ 12:05 PM
alchapwn

wow its something different, i bet the silk is hella comfortable..too much for me though
February 13, 2007 @ 06:40 PM
TagPopnQua

$725 U crazy mang.....That just shows how the fashion industry goes down hill for peeps really over charging hoodies no 1 aint gonna pay for that ....not unless ur wealthy.

Exactly,going for promo,completely ignoring the fact that some designers dont know how to put the shit together and making there line an urban line cuz celebrties dont know how to wear stuff right.

Id buy it but as soon as i see Young Jeezy or someloser wearing it,id sell it.
February 13, 2007 @ 07:29 PM
b00th

its different.
January 8, 2008 @ 08:12 PM
dane

SOLESTRONG.

This right here, is history in the making.
You deffently got your mind right on this one.

And the price? I wouldn't doubt 1 sec. putting my money on that piece of art.

And I can't see any reason why NOT to give the respect you deserve by being so original.
I would like to see your face, when you got this hoodie done!

A great thing about this is, that you know why you're in this industry
- obviously to make a difference.

Pm me?
January 8, 2008 @ 09:35 PM
xxxchrisngoxxx

solestrong, were you the one that got into that fight outside of magic the 1st or second day? i'm not sure what day it was, but i was right there watching the fight.

Please login first to reply.