HALLOWEEN SALE - UP TO 25% OFF - USE CODE: NOTRICKS14 (24 HOURS LEFT)
January 12, 2008 @ 06:19 PM
basix_one

ah.. Screen printing ain't easy... it takes practice and learning process. smile
January 13, 2008 @ 01:52 PM
Oakwood Gates

...Im just saying is there any easier way like something more quicker and computerized.....

Yea its called DTG, full color prints withouts screens, chemicals, or heat transfers.

The machines cost from about $12K-$200K though.
January 30, 2008 @ 11:31 PM
Burkina

is this totorial finished
January 30, 2008 @ 11:55 PM
Adam Sofa

Hey if anyone is looking to get a nice screen printing system or supplies check out http://www.silkscreeningsupplies.combut dont order online call in and talk to nick wood, tell him Adam from skf clothing sent ya n he will hook you guys up!

I got my system there n I love it, nick gave me a bunch of free upgrades!

The screen printing process isn't that bad. Preping n exposing screens is easier than I thought!
February 7, 2008 @ 08:54 PM
Ny's lonely

Thanks for all the links you guys helped alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 11, 2008 @ 12:24 PM
Hellah Fresh

Hey if anyone is looking to get a nice screen printing system or supplies check out http://www.silkscreeningsupplies.combut dont order online call in and talk to nick wood, tell him Adam from skf clothing sent ya n he will hook you guys up!

I got my system there n I love it, nick gave me a bunch of free upgrades!

The screen printing process isn't that bad. Preping n exposing screens is easier than I thought!

Yo! i been searching like... 20 sites and everyone seems to charge up the ass for a press machine. Is this the best prices you find on this site? Im looking for a 6 color press... for a good price.. =\ if not then ill settle for 4 color.
February 12, 2008 @ 09:56 PM
alexbodkinb

any tips on coating the screens with the emulsion stuff?
I've tried the coating/drying process 3 times in my basement, and each time, the emulsion stuff dries too thick, dries in bumps, or just is really hard to make even.

i have left it for 3h with a fan to dry, as well as overnight twice. the room is definitely cooler than room temp, kind of like a Pantry/Cellar deal... Would that affect it?

i coat the screen on both sides and leave it right side up, raised off the ground... im not sure what else i can say. it's just irritating to put the stuff on, and have it either fuck up right away, or after i expose it to the proper light & my image.
February 15, 2008 @ 09:20 AM
oldmoney

any tips on coating the screens with the emulsion stuff?

are you using a scoop coater?

if so, coat like this video @ 3:47.

www.silkscreeningsupplies.com/site/799934/product/1003
February 22, 2008 @ 05:52 PM
alexbodkinb

no, im not usin a scoop coater
but do you think i should?

also, every fucking site/video has tons of different chemicals to use for prepping/cleaning/whatever the screen. What is the bare minimum i need for a brand new screen, and for a used screen, if I am getting it ready to print?
February 25, 2008 @ 06:10 PM
oldmoney

no, im not usin a scoop coater
but do you think i should?

also, every fucking site/video has tons of different chemicals to use for prepping/cleaning/whatever the screen. What is the bare minimum i need for a brand new screen, and for a used screen, if I am getting it ready to print?

use a scoop coater. the one i bought was like $14.

are you talking bare minimum $ investment in screens and chems or bare minimum list of chems you need to procure? also, are you printing with plastisol or water-based inks?
March 1, 2008 @ 03:09 PM
alexbodkinb

im lookin for the bare minimum list of chems i need to prep the screen
i have my screens, inks, emulsion, etc etc, but nothing extra

also, im using plastisol inks
March 10, 2008 @ 04:42 PM
BG Concepts

9. Inks

to start off, i would not buy nor sell a shirt printed with a waterbased ink.
they simply arent on par with plastisols, in terms of fading and longevity.

union ink makes great inks under their maxopake and soft hand series.
plastisols are inks that are basically liquid plastic, one must heat them once printed to a 350* heat source to cure them.
you can use a heatgun (not reccomended), a commercial flash unit, conveyor dryer, or a infrared light array to cure them. (more info on the infrared + pics to come.)

Water based inks, when used correctly, can produce a very nice print with a very soft feel on lighter garments. I wouldn't write it off as a technique.

The biggest issue we have with water based is the opacity being so low. This makes it difficult to print on darker garments.

I agree with you on the Union Inks, they are an excellent ink to work with.

just my .02

PEACE,
Frank
March 31, 2008 @ 07:21 AM
waxelf

surely for darker garments you would just use discharged ink for the same feel as waterbased
April 3, 2008 @ 03:44 AM
ODMD

yup.
just make sure that u take into count that if the tee was original a green and now its a black (the company died it black) the green will come back in stead of the natural sand color if you'r not runing a colored discharge.

order extras always!!!!

That was a trip finding that out.
April 3, 2008 @ 03:47 AM
ODMD

but then again you can always tell the end client that thats that ol' 2012 shit.
supa dupa custom shit that is hot in bangkok .
April 6, 2008 @ 09:33 PM
hot_sauce52

How do i wash the plastisol inks out of my screen? It was my first time using plastisols and worked really well but now id like to run a different color, how do i wash it out? i tried spraying it with the high pressure but the ink just doesnt seem to go anywhere
April 6, 2008 @ 09:52 PM
Adam Sofa

u need screen wash 147 and a shop rag, dont use water it will eat away ur emulsion
www.silkscreeningsupplies.com/site/799934/product/CC147-QT
April 14, 2008 @ 07:06 PM
alexbodkinb

im back again, ive been testing shit out

how do you cure your plastisol inks? im having some trouble and id rather not stick it in the fuckin oven. is a flash curer the easiest or what
April 17, 2008 @ 11:01 PM
Micky

check out tshirtforums.com, they'll have everything you need to know
May 14, 2008 @ 10:17 PM
hot_sauce52

Does anyone have any tips on printing halftones? I've tried maybe a half dozen times and theres always spots that over expose. Any help would be greatly appreciated
May 29, 2008 @ 04:37 PM
Homer Pimpson

takes lots of tweaking and getting your images just right. Even halftoning separate parts of an image in layers, can get you the right final output you're looking for. Then combine them all together.
June 7, 2008 @ 06:39 PM
yesyesyalll

is it possible to screen print black/dark grey halftone images on dark colored t-shirts? i've been told it won't work out.

i
June 8, 2008 @ 04:31 AM
ODMD

outputting from adobe AI you have to play with the frequency and angels.
(be prepared to go threw dumb amounts of film)
also make sure you create in PMS!!!
get a pantone book and be happy always!
June 18, 2008 @ 01:44 PM
foekk

haha nice idea on the oil but why don't you just use SHEETS u use from presentations or chalk paper? Chalk paper is pretty good for screen printing at home since most printers can't handle sheets.
June 25, 2008 @ 02:52 PM
unit

Does anyone have any tips on printing halftones? I've tried maybe a half dozen times and theres always spots that over expose. Any help would be greatly appreciated

what mesh count are you using?
June 25, 2008 @ 02:54 PM
unit

im back again, ive been testing shit out

how do you cure your plastisol inks? im having some trouble and id rather not stick it in the fuckin oven. is a flash curer the easiest or what

try a heat gun, works great for me. just dont cure on the platen cause it will warp
June 26, 2008 @ 01:58 PM
aminazn

anyone wanna do some shirts
im just trying to do like 50 or so
for my website
July 15, 2008 @ 01:48 PM
hustlerrobb

Yeah sure why not.
July 18, 2008 @ 10:51 AM
old soul

have you guys ever tried photoEZ for smaller projects? I actually got some and thought they worked pretty good (the hi-res version atleast). Maybe I'll drop some pics eventually
September 26, 2008 @ 12:25 AM
ChromeDPT

you stupid motherfuckers still printing with fucking plastisol you retards??

Please login first to reply.