Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
July 19, 2009 @ 11:40 PM
GOLDENi

I know it might be too late & yes we started another forum but there is no reason given why you are closing it down.
Also, many of us brands depend on Upcoming & Emerging brands to survive & to get the brand know, mainly because of the large user-base of Hypebeast. You may think that the Upcoming & Emerging brands sub-forum has gone down the drain with some poor brands & designs every now & then but there are those brands that do deserve the right to stay here.

Understand this, you are taking away a lot of these companies basic publicity, you are stripping them of a place where they basically originated & where they spent most of their time trying to please many of us. Also, many people like me spend most of their time in the Upcoming & Emerging brands sub-forum, it is great to see new talent spur & it is also great to see many different types of people express their art in clothing & in words.

The Upcoming & Emerging brands forum has meant so much & for you guys just to close it down with no reason at all just hurts us brands not only mentally but physically.

Please reconsider closing this sub-forum down, please.

Everyone in the Upcoming & Emerging brands please share your thoughts & maybe we can make a difference.. maybe, just maybe we can keep the sub-forum alive!
July 19, 2009 @ 11:44 PM
on1x

regardless of what they do to this forum, i will be posting my company's information in other sub-forums on the hypebeast forum.

the administration can go fuck themselves.
July 19, 2009 @ 11:51 PM
GOLDENi

Come on man, I am trying to help us all out please edit your post with something that would help us.. come on!
I am trying to save this sub-forum so you wouldn't have to post your company's information in other sub-forums..
July 20, 2009 @ 12:04 AM
Geereezy

I agree with PUR3GEN31US,

The Upcoming & Emerging Brands Forum has helped us build our company and communicate with new audiences each day. This forum needs to stay alive in order to keep inspiring upcoming brands as it did when our company first began.
July 20, 2009 @ 12:11 AM
ComonCents

props on this thread! This forum has allowed our company to grow. We learned from our mistakes here and listened to peoples critiques. It is a place that you can get an honest opinion before you spend the money to print your stuff. I have no idea why this is being closed down. Keep it up, so many companies will get started here Hype.
July 20, 2009 @ 12:23 AM
thelegitimacy

We speculate on why they are closing it down. Could someone who knows the definitive reason(s) for the closure explain it to us?

This is a very valuable resource for our small, up and coming brands. Yes, we are trying to start up another forum to post our stuff, but thatwill have nowhere near the number of members as HB's subforum.

Please keep it alive!

Chris
July 20, 2009 @ 12:45 AM
theh00d

Yeah in this recession
it's already hard on everyone, I agree some just throw on some wacky design and call it a day but some small independent brand have potential. Their designs are unique and original a lot better than those you see at the mall nowadays.
Eh they just trying to be heard and known in order to earn that extra cash.

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

July 20, 2009 @ 01:46 AM
GOLDENi

I honestly agree with you on most of what you are saying on1x but many of these people start from as you say "CRAP". Our job is honestly to criticize their designs, name, clothes, etc.. that is why they are upcoming, they want to hear our opinion & that helps them emerge.

But I agree with you that if you do put a brand in this sub-forum the brand should at least have these: A website, good base, tee's made, possibly an online store, drive & persistence.
July 20, 2009 @ 05:22 AM
OkayAlrite

the reason it's being shut down is because most of the contributors to this thread are, to put it bluntly, a fucking joke.

that's why.

despite what is an understandable concern of this forum's administration, there is the occasional post that shows the kind of promise which encourages budding entrepreneurs to step their game up.

yeah, most of the shit in this thread is garbage, but there are other ways to address that rather than shutting the forum down without any feedback from those who frequent it.

enforce your rules, tell people that CRAP will be immediately deleted, and regulate the quality of discourse that takes place here.

every post here should be from a LEGIT outfit.

by "LEGIT," i mean:

professional-looking website.

great designs that, however removed from your own subjective tastes, are objectively of high quality.

obvious entrepreneurial drive that reflects an understanding of the industry.

if these rules were enforced, 99% of you would have your threads DELETED.

but i'm willing to have that happen rather than seeing the entire forum shut down.

Can't agree enough with this post. You took the words out of my mouth. Harsh but it's kind of the truth.

It is what it is.
July 20, 2009 @ 09:40 AM
JonnyRabbit

What I can say will probably have no effect on the admin's decision, but I can talk about the experience we've had here on HB. I've posted my brand in this forum for the past year and a half and I can say it has contributed a lot to our growth.

When we first joined the forums, we were able to build a lot of relationships with a lot of nowadays notable brands that were just starting off. We watched great brands die off and small brands move to the next forum. I can really say that the forums have changed from a year ago when a lot of the brands I knew have moved on from being on here everyday to posting every once in a while, but I've been able to keep in touch with a lot of them and even work on projects with them. I've also been able to exchange resource information which some brands found to be a huge help when it came to screenprinting.

Although this is a great place to post updates on your brand, a lot have moved on to actually working outside the forums. This is a great place to exchange information, but the possibilities are still endless. If you are a small brand, take note that business happens in the real world and the internet is just a smaller gateway. I'm very appreciative of what I've gained from the HB forums and will still be in the Photos and Philly section causing a riot.

AnmlHse Philadelphia - Design Collective/Brand / http://anmlhse.com

July 20, 2009 @ 09:43 AM
Tyler

All I'm saying is that if the Upcoming & Emerging Brands forums was regulated like the Street & High fashion brands forum was then the brands allowed posts would obviously be of much higher quality increasing the caliber of the Upcoming brands forum and the brands in it.

Tyler, The Fucking Hater My brand: WOODER www.woodersupply.com

July 20, 2009 @ 09:48 AM
Hellah Fresh

This sub forum thread helped out ALOT of up and coming brands because of the exposures they are getting. Not just that but there are TONs of people who are registered and are guests that views HB on a daily basis. So closing this sub forum wouldn't hurt up and coming brands but just makes it a little harder to get their name out. Just keep it open for a bit longer?!
July 20, 2009 @ 09:51 AM
Roan20

i cant honestly say this forums has helped me alot...but most of what i do is like jonny said inthe real world..but it has definitly contributed to my companies growth.i think we should all support the other forums on this the lurk99cent forums, kineda, freshstock...regardless we all should be able to keep in touch via twitter and facebook..
July 20, 2009 @ 11:14 AM
romeo291

Whoa, I just now noticed that Hypebeast is closing this subforum. That kinda sucks considering this forum helped us out a lot. This is a hotspot for a lot of decent brands coming up in the scene. Not sure what's the point of closing the forum is for, even the moderator doesn't know. IMO, this is one of the more informative forums on hypebeast, definitely more worthwhile than some of the other subforums.
July 20, 2009 @ 01:54 PM
HarryChristy

This was the reason i ever came to hypebeast, don't close it!
July 20, 2009 @ 02:32 PM
I CAME FROM NOTHING

i agree with pur3gen31us,

the upcoming & emerging brands forum has helped us build our company and communicate with new audiences each day. This forum needs to stay alive in order to keep inspiring upcoming brands as it did when our company first began.

+ 100
July 20, 2009 @ 02:33 PM
Check Your Six

I also have to be honest when I say I find it very strange to shut down these forums. I mean, you can't tell me that having one more sub forum open is literally taking money out of someone's pocket. There are a lot less frequented forums on this site. I won't claim that every post here is legit, and recently it seems to have gone a little downhill from what it was a year or so ago. But none the less, without this forum we would have never met the people we have or gotten the exposure we have. I have seen brands like Chunk and Ape, VLNY, Anml House, JDL, etc. go from virtual nobodies to respectable brands, in part because of the exposure this forum provided.

In this industry there are very few websites that faciliate networking with other brands, and this forum has proved very vital for that, shutting it down would only be hurting a culture and industry this very website claims to support. While this forum may have its share of whackness, there are still core members who have managed to become friends and confidants over our time here...but regardless, I have faith that those who really want success will find it with or without this forum.
July 20, 2009 @ 02:35 PM
smk

I'm in agreement with most of the people here. if the higher ups do in fact get rid of this subforum I truly believe that they will be doing a disservice not only to the hypebeast forum but to the street wear community as a whole. The way I see it is that the people on this part of the forum are the ones who are making a real contribution to the street wear culture. Anyone can simple buy product but to go that extra step and create something is what we should all strive for. To be more than mere consumers but contributors to our culture. As many have stated in previous post, alot of companies have gotten there start here. I'll be the first to admit that there are many brands here that aren't that good. but I always believed that this subforum was a great place for them to receive feed back and become better. I implore those operating the site to really think about there place in the streetwear world, weather they want to be just another site posting pics of shoes and tees or if the want to make a real impact on the community.
July 20, 2009 @ 04:25 PM
Podge

C) Preferably have an actual store or be supplying a fair amount of stores with your product nationwide / world wide before we would consider a brand to be eligible for that section...

The hella stores that "The Award Tour" or "5th Column" in? The fuck? I demand answers. Sounds like heavy favoritism and shit for some of them in the "established" section. This subforum just needs people that can read shit, or moderation and just deleting a lot of stupid NEW TOPICS being created vs. just closing.

~Lefty
July 20, 2009 @ 05:09 PM
Hellah Fresh

Also the same people here are the same ones that contribute and spend alot of money on the mainstream streetwear brands that we see today. When i first sign onto hypebeast i saw alot of different brands that i never even heard of and because of HB i spent over 8gs on clothing, shoes, Hats, etc in a spand of 4 years. So me coming on here seeing what HB has to offer i contributed to these higher up streetwear brands. So like Vice Versa old members and new members get a chance to see whats new from an independent brand as well as mainstream. So pretty much what im saying is that alot of HB members contribute to mainstream and also a fraction for up & Coming Brands. I can honestly say that HB subforums giving me a change to expose my work to everyone across the globe.
July 20, 2009 @ 05:17 PM
GOLDENi

The hella stores that "The Award Tour" or "5th Column" in? The fuck? I demand answers. Sounds like heavy favoritism and shit for some of them in the "established" section. This subforum just needs people that can read shit, or moderation and just deleting a lot of stupid NEW TOPICS being created vs. just closing.

~Lefty

Whoa, would not have expected you to comment.. lol! Thanks bro, means a lot.
But yes, I can't agree with you more..
July 20, 2009 @ 07:25 PM
thefreshstock

i cant honestly say this forums has helped me alot...but most of what i do is like jonny said inthe real world..but it has definitly contributed to my companies growth.i think we should all support the other forums on this the lurk99cent forums, kineda, freshstock...regardless we all should be able to keep in touch via twitter and facebook..

Hey thanks for the shot out! we are working on making sure our forum is completely up to par. We had an issue with spam and are working out the kinks. We should be up soon enough and you guys can use that resource. thanks!
July 20, 2009 @ 07:46 PM
C.Dante

i agree, with genius, the U-C & E brands sub-forum should be kept, as its our job as "hypebeasters" to judge brands that could become the future!
July 20, 2009 @ 08:35 PM
theking

i agree, with genius, the U-C & E brands sub-forum should be kept, as its our job as "hypebeasters" to judge brands that could become the future!

Yeah I wish I knew what they were doing, I messaged the admin but I'm sure a ton of people have. Well a group of us setup lurk99cents.com/forum that's got an Emerging section for everyone, got about 15 or so users filling it out.
July 20, 2009 @ 10:32 PM
obakeissick

This is where it all started for me... I hate to see it go. It's been such a great source of feedback and networking.

As for there being a regulation of "legit" brands, I'm not so sure I agree. I feel like there'd be no chance for improvement.

Whatever, I'm just sort of frustrated that this place is going to internet heaven, and I'm just typing shit. Fuck it.

haileybardwick.tumblr.com

July 20, 2009 @ 10:52 PM
Juki

I'm in agreement with most of the people here. if the higher ups do in fact get rid of this subforum I truly believe that they will be doing a disservice not only to the hypebeast forum but to the street wear community as a whole. The way I see it is that the people on this part of the forum are the ones who are making a real contribution to the street wear culture. Anyone can simple buy product but to go that extra step and create something is what we should all strive for. To be more than mere consumers but contributors to our culture. As many have stated in previous post, alot of companies have gotten there start here. I'll be the first to admit that there are many brands here that aren't that good. but I always believed that this subforum was a great place for them to receive feed back and become better. I implore those operating the site to really think about there place in the streetwear world, weather they want to be just another site posting pics of shoes and tees or if the want to make a real impact on the community.

You all seem so fixated on streetwear and "streetwear culture". I just feel HB is thinking a head. Streetwear isnt gonna be around forever, like all trends in the fashion industry, I its just about on its way out. Or better yet its changing. The type of people that usually post here are too late and theyre trying to hold on to what streetwear was a year or two ago. Thats why most of the stuff up hear cant be taken seriously in the fashion world and realistically dont have a bright future. I

Dont you think HB wants to be taken seriously. Look at the brands they post up in their main page. Its nothing like what you see in here. They dont have time to moderate everything that gets posted in here so I guess they'll just get rid of it. I think they have outgrown this particular forum. The one thing that ill miss is the opportunity to get sound advice the few who are actually in the industry and successful. This is very helpful. I do agree that most companies (some of which began here) often start from the bottom and have potential to grow into what HB would like to promote. But still most of its garbage on here lol.

Doubleclutchhoops.com

July 20, 2009 @ 11:32 PM
AIRTIME Design

Good Night & Good Luck
This is not to make jabs at anyone but merely to discuss what was said above me. If this forum is not steetwear or what streetwear will be then what do you call karmaloop? if hypebeast really wanted to look forward then why are karmaloop banners plastered all over the site? not saying that karmaloop is bad or doing something wrong by any means, it is an incredible business, but it provides what is hip and now at this second in the streetwear game. This forum will evolve, karmaloop will evolve, and so will hypebeast but to say they are clearing the way for the future and starting by deleting this forum is a little far fetched (only in my opinion). Also, a good amount of brands who started in this forum can now be found on karmaloop next to the brands in the high fashion forum so obviously talent can and will come out of it.

Maybe I am totally off on the point you are making and if so I apologize. I do agree with you to an extent but streetwear can only grow and improve if it is a group effort. Having this forum gave us a chance to involve people from all angles of streetwear and being pushed out by the largest hub in the streetwear universe seems to leave our love for this site and what it represents with a bad impression.

I will get over it, Hypebeast will get over it, and so will the brands who relied on this thread, but it was an incredible medium while it lasted and if for some reason they can find a way to keep this thread tightly managed and clear then I think all parties can be satisfied, unless there are alternative motives that none of us on the outside can see.

Thats my two cents. Good Night and Good Luck.

-ARTM
July 21, 2009 @ 12:07 AM
smk

I have to disagree i don't think streetwear is on its way out, its just not in the lime light as much as it used to be. which i think is a good thing. i believe the reason why a lot of the stuff you see on the front page doesn't match what you see in here is that, people in here are making what they like. while the brands on the front page are following trends. just take a look at the past year almost every major company has dropped a plaid shirt. there is a major monkey see monkey do affect amongst the "major brands" in the industry right now. also it's pretty obvious that hb is taking a more high class approach to what they choose to post. there is a definite disproportion as to the amount of high fashion coverage their doing as apposed to actual streetwear. maybe its time for streetwear and HB to go their seprate ways.
July 21, 2009 @ 12:12 AM
SwissMissFire

I think you guys should keep this open, learned of many brands in here
July 21, 2009 @ 03:50 AM
&war Carrots

~Lefty

confused so confused on what the internet people are talking.

Please login first to reply.