Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
May 22, 2009 @ 05:53 PM
SubConThreads

with the spring season we got into a lot more stores, websites, and distribution channels than we ever had before, but it still surprises me which shirts sell the most and why others don't. This forum, generally speaking, has a pretty specific idea of what is "good" streetwear clothing and what isn't, so I'm curious to see if the people who are buying our clothes would fit the mold of someone who would post on hypebeast forums. This is honestly in no way intended to do anything but get a better idea of what type of clothes people buy who post on forums like this vs the less informed consumer who may not necessarily be in tune with different streetwear trends.

So I'm gonna put up 3 groups of shirts, 3 in each group, you guys pick the one you think would sell best, and the one you think would sell worst out of the 3, and if you want to give insight as to why you feel that way please do, thanks.

Group 1

Group 2

Group 3

May 22, 2009 @ 06:12 PM
Munster

1: Mike Tyson - The Jordan on is close too.
2: Love/Hate - The play on words and the heart granade is pretty genious.
3: Bret Hart - Simply because of nostalgia.
May 22, 2009 @ 08:32 PM
Tecknicolor

1: Mike Tyson - The Jordan on is close too.
2: Love/Hate - The play on words and the heart granade is pretty genious.
3: Bret Hart - Simply because of nostalgia.

word

tecknicolor.com

May 25, 2009 @ 12:52 AM
hotchrome

group 3 will sell best, i think. i like the 3 shirts
May 25, 2009 @ 01:08 AM
Huey&Earl

group 1 would sell the best.
probably because i'm easily pulled in to anything involving Mike Tyson.
May 25, 2009 @ 01:41 AM
Deemy

1: Heart (I feel I'd be a loser for wearing a Jordan since everyone "has to have" Jordan and the Tyson is a close second)
2: Love/Hate (Genious)
3: Woman (mostly because of color and the third looks like a play off YSL which seems tacky)
May 25, 2009 @ 11:50 AM
SubConThreads

1: Heart (I feel I'd be a loser for wearing a Jordan since everyone "has to have" Jordan and the Tyson is a close second)
2: Love/Hate (Genious)
3: Woman (mostly because of color and the third looks like a play off YSL which seems tacky)

so you know, the ysl play is/was meant to be a play off ysl, its the logo of a rapper that we are friends with, i did that as a promo tee for him and everybody was asking where they could buy it, so we did a production run and decided to sell them
May 25, 2009 @ 11:57 AM
sellme

I think Group 1 would sell the best, and probably Group 2 would sell the worst.

Although personally I wouldn't wear any of those shirts if you paid me (obligatory hate comment).
May 25, 2009 @ 12:29 PM
thefreshstock

I think Group 1 would sell the best, and probably Group 2 would sell the worst.

Although personally I wouldn't wear any of those shirts if you paid me (obligatory hate comment).

pretty rough..

I think group one would probably sell more since its Tyson and Jordan. iconic figures that people like. I like the brett heart tee because like someone earlier said, nostalgia. Brings back childhood memories.

Good stuff either way. Curious. which group is selling the best??
May 25, 2009 @ 02:22 PM
SubConThreads

pretty rough..

I think group one would probably sell more since its Tyson and Jordan. iconic figures that people like. I like the brett heart tee because like someone earlier said, nostalgia. Brings back childhood memories.

Good stuff either way. Curious. which group is selling the best??

tyson is sold out in all sizes but small, the love/hate is in second place, and the bret hart is in third place, the tyson was one of the top sellers on kazbah 2 weeks ago, and the love/hate might be a top seller this week when they let me know who did what

i figured most people on here don't like our clothes and have their own opinions as to why, but based on the amount of sales we have gotten on karmaloop in the past 2 months, and all the new stores we got, i'm pretty sure that our target demographic isn't people who visit this forum and post on a regular basis. i was just trying to reaffirm that fact to myself by making this post. each season i have posted on here i pretty much got all hateful comments about how its tacky and not well done or whatever, but as we move along we are in more and more stores, are getting more and more retail web sales on our site and especially on karmaloop, which just leads me to believe that even though this is a really useful forum for finding information and getting your feet wet in terms of feedback, the majority of urbanwear/streetwear consumers do not share the same opinions as most of the people on this board. just my observations....

Please login first to reply.