FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
March 31, 2009 @ 09:33 PM
shanek

EDIT: MAY 25 2009

final product is finished, product shoot done, online shop up, getting there on the website.

check it out check it out check it out

giraffeissweet.com/
giraffeissweet.com/
giraffeissweet.com/

March 31, 2009 @ 11:19 PM
Hellah Fresh

is that sperm on the blue shirt?
March 31, 2009 @ 11:26 PM
shanek

is that sperm on the blue shirt?

sure is haha.

April 1, 2009 @ 01:08 PM
Brain_Girl

LOL @ sperm tee.. funny illustration!
April 1, 2009 @ 02:33 PM
Allurre

Sperm tee can be a hit for those who value tees with humor.

Don't visit your local sperm donor.

Or, go ahead.
April 2, 2009 @ 09:50 PM
shanek

well I haven't gotten much feedback over the last few days, but i notice a lot of the threads that do get a decent amount of comments usually consist of negative comments.

so i'll go ahead and assume that I'm on the right track?

come on people is my shit weak or are you feelin it?
April 2, 2009 @ 10:19 PM
REIGNSUPREME

to be honest i think its really bad and i hope you didnt spend big $$$ on it.

you have original concepts but its just ugly.
i dont know what kind of people would wear this.

scrap it, try again. thats my opinion.
April 3, 2009 @ 09:58 AM
shanek

to be honest i think its really bad and i hope you didnt spend big $$$ on it.

you have original concepts but its just ugly.
i dont know what kind of people would wear this.

scrap it, try again. thats my opinion.

pretty harsh, but i appreciate the honesty. i know a lot of people that would wear it. i have had kids that i don't even know come up to me asking when they can get it.

would you mind telling me what is ugly? is it my style of art, the craftsmanship, or something else? the presentation is horrendous; that i know. but i'm not wasting time and money on a photo shoot until i get the final products in.
April 3, 2009 @ 12:17 PM
Brain_Girl

I don't think your illustrations are ugly but obviously theres room to improve in terms of executions etc - I don't see a theme between the t-shirts.. like what exactly is your style? Also, i think the stars tee is your weakest.. it looks poorly designed. I think you need to think about what exactly your brand represents.. who your target audience is.. and really put time into the image of it all..

good luck!
May 25, 2009 @ 10:45 AM
shanek

big updates, bring this thread back from the dead
May 25, 2009 @ 12:33 PM
thefreshstock

not a fan of the sperm tee, i wouldnt want to rock a tee with sperm all over it. personal opinion. The giraffe logo sweatshirt is pretty cool with the giraffe on the back. The only thing is that LRG has the giraffe as well, so i automatically think LRG when i see that. The giraffe font logo is pretty cool.

www.thefreshstock.com
May 25, 2009 @ 12:53 PM
ComonCents

I love the name, its unique. I think though that with the sperm design you are narrowing your market down by a lot. Good luck to you guys
May 25, 2009 @ 02:03 PM
shanek

I love the name, its unique. I think though that with the sperm design you are narrowing your market down by a lot. Good luck to you guys

sperm tee isn't even available. that photo was back from when my samples were made. i decided against it for image and sales purposes, even though i do like it.
May 25, 2009 @ 03:13 PM
ComonCents

I like the T too its funny, im glad you understood how it could effect the outcome of your whole image. Good luck to you guys though it looks like you have a great start
May 25, 2009 @ 09:08 PM
shanek

thank you sir
May 25, 2009 @ 09:51 PM
romeo291

What is the underlying meaning of "giraffe"? Is it just your favorite animal or does it have any special meaning? Like, my clothing line is called FYSH Clothing Co. "FYSH" is actually an acronym for "Four Young Sneaker Heads", since there's 4 of us running this line. Giraffe just confuses me, because I don't see any meaning behind it except it's a unique animal? Maybe you should add an "about" section on your website to help people understand what the brand is about and why it's called giraffe. As for the clothing, I like the hoodie. That's probably your best piece. The problem I see though, is that you're cheapening out on execution by printing only one color prints. All your tees and hoodies are just one color designs. Anybody can draw up something in one color and print it on a tee, that doesn't say much for the brand. I know it's your first run or whatever, but I am avid believer of not cutting corners. So perhaps for your next run, you should release one or two designs with high quality prints instead of 4 or 5 designs with just one color prints. Just my 2 cents.
May 26, 2009 @ 11:08 AM
shanek

What is the underlying meaning of "giraffe"? Is it just your favorite animal or does it have any special meaning? Like, my clothing line is called FYSH Clothing Co. "FYSH" is actually an acronym for "Four Young Sneaker Heads", since there's 4 of us running this line. Giraffe just confuses me, because I don't see any meaning behind it except it's a unique animal? Maybe you should add an "about" section on your website to help people understand what the brand is about and why it's called giraffe. As for the clothing, I like the hoodie. That's probably your best piece. The problem I see though, is that you're cheapening out on execution by printing only one color prints. All your tees and hoodies are just one color designs. Anybody can draw up something in one color and print it on a tee, that doesn't say much for the brand. I know it's your first run or whatever, but I am avid believer of not cutting corners. So perhaps for your next run, you should release one or two designs with high quality prints instead of 4 or 5 designs with just one color prints. Just my 2 cents.

ok so the story on the name... back two years ago when i became interested in starting a brand, i was just pumping out designs left and right. a lot were terrible and a few were ok. but the one that was actually decent imo was the "negative giraffe" design. it was very simple yet catchy. then from there I started implementing giraffe print in some of my designs.

thinking of a name was tough, but i decided to go with giraffe. it really has no deep symbolic meaning. i really didn't want my name to be the decider of my brands style and designs. i feel that giraffe is broad enough that i can have total freedom with my designs, yet still have a subject to play off of....i hope that all made cents

two color designs are definitely a priority for the second run. i learned a lot off of this first run, i know these tees have a lot of room to improve. perhaps i'll reissue them in the future
May 26, 2009 @ 08:50 PM
theh00d

sperm tee is pretty cool
but I don't really rock light/baby blue shirts

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

Please login first to reply.