FLASH SALE - 25% OFF - USE CODE: FLASH25 (25 HOURS ONLY)
June 15, 2006 @ 12:18 PM
ag229487

Holdin it didown

Any others?
June 16, 2006 @ 04:45 PM
KillaKate

i lived in philly for 2 years and it was the worst 2 years of my life.

sorrysad
June 16, 2006 @ 05:43 PM
mizzkawaii7

lol.... hey, is there any good stores down there besides that new one thats opening. it seems like theres shit down there
June 16, 2006 @ 05:43 PM
mizzkawaii7

new to philly
lol.... hey, is there any good stores down there besides that new one thats opening. it seems like theres shit down there
June 16, 2006 @ 06:02 PM
B.Hicks

there's some alright stores... there's A-fficial for Premuim Nikes & Authentic Bape Sta's but they over charge.

if you're into Addidas there's a great store on south street. for Red Monkey/Evisu/Ralph Lauren/Lacoste there's Dr Denim/USA Boutique.

and if you're a PUMA fan you should check out the PUMA store on walnut. there's also a nice deisel store on walnut.

there's 3 UBIQs that i know of. all 3 of them carry pretty good selections of sneakers(it's no Flight Club though).

philly's a great city to me. i lived there while going to school for a year and a half and it was probably the best year and half of my life.
June 16, 2006 @ 06:04 PM
mizzkawaii7

do they sell and stussy?

i guess if u from the nyc area like me, going to a place like that with less is different.
June 16, 2006 @ 06:12 PM
B.Hicks

do they sell and stussy?

i guess if u from the nyc area like me, going to a place like that with less is different.

na, other than in the new WTHN.. UBIQ used to carry stussy, hundred, 10 deep.. but it didnt sell to much(i think i was the only one buying it) so they stopped restocking it.

an NYC native'll probably hate Philly. it's like a small, humble NYC. there's some good sneaker spots, but all the 15 year old RocAWear & State Property rockers usually crowd it up.
June 16, 2006 @ 06:18 PM
mizzkawaii7

ohh aiight thanx
June 16, 2006 @ 08:39 PM
KillaKate

na, other than in the new WTHN.. UBIQ used to carry stussy, hundred, 10 deep.. but it didnt sell to much(i think i was the only one buying it) so they stopped restocking it.

an NYC native'll probably hate Philly. it's like a small, humble NYC. there's some good sneaker spots, but all the 15 year old RocAWear & State Property rockers usually crowd it up.

im from north jersey.Philly to me was Blah.

however.They do have 24 hr taco bells, and when your 19 and in college thats like heaven.
June 17, 2006 @ 05:35 PM
mizzkawaii7

i got white castles... hahah... imagine they had kicks with fast food art on em... that would be funny... taco bell dunks... hahahhahaha... macdonald bapes.... ok...imma stop.... i know im sickin yaz
June 18, 2006 @ 01:38 AM
ag229487

im hittin up that new spot WTHN tomorrow, im hoping the selection is decent cause ubiq fell of HARD- its not even half the what it used to be i gotta say and the prices only got worse and afficial not all that hot either i gotta say thye got some nice kicks but the priceds are ludicrous

i love philly tho for kicks i dont really buy them as much as i used to but if im looking for something half rare or GR u can usually find it here without a problem

there are stil some spots that have old shit like out in the NE (josephs) but besides taht yes its a humble city, we got the best cheessteaks in the world and old city is always a good time for the bars
June 18, 2006 @ 02:13 AM
B.Hicks

im hittin up that new spot WTHN tomorrow, im hoping the selection is decent cause ubiq fell of HARD- its not even half the what it used to be i gotta say and the prices only got worse and afficial not all that hot either i gotta say thye got some nice kicks but the priceds are ludicrous

i love philly tho for kicks i dont really buy them as much as i used to but if im looking for something half rare or GR u can usually find it here without a problem

there are stil some spots that have old shit like out in the NE (josephs) but besides taht yes its a humble city, we got the best cheessteaks in the world and old city is always a good time for the bars

true.. old city is hella expensive though. i paid $18 for a rum & coke at the Blue Martini once... i was drunk so i didn't have the common sense to deny the order. but still... that's ludacris. still, i like to party in Old City just for the asthestics of it.
June 18, 2006 @ 06:26 PM
ag229487

^ fuck yeah man- $20 for a shot of patron and an amstel light at bleu martini, kind of absurd...

getting into like red sky anda ll also is beat charging u like $10 cover plus ridiculous price on the drinks... freakin scam artists, but yeah old city is really meant just to find hot broads and hook up- other than that id rather drink at my crib with a $40 bottle of don julio and save gas and beer money lol
June 18, 2006 @ 11:18 PM
STEEZ

did anyone check out that store that just opened on the 17th???

just wondering if its any decent and worth th trip up from baltimore
June 19, 2006 @ 01:59 PM
hollermcdollar

^if you're talking about WTHN, it's def got potential. i was there saturday briefly and though they didn't have their nike accounts yet (which i hear they should soon, if not now) there was a great selection of clothes and good people.

absolutely nothing wrong with philly. yeah there's hypebeasts everywhere but that's just like anywhere else in the world. if you know the ins and outs of the city you should be able to enjoy yourself. nyc>philly>jersey
June 19, 2006 @ 10:36 PM
KillaKate

^if you're talking about WTHN, it's def got potential. i was there saturday briefly and though they didn't have their nike accounts yet (which i hear they should soon, if not now) there was a great selection of clothes and good people.

absolutely nothing wrong with philly. yeah there's hypebeasts everywhere but that's just like anywhere else in the world. if you know the ins and outs of the city you should be able to enjoy yourself. nyc>philly>jersey

never in a million years homie.
June 20, 2006 @ 08:45 AM
ag229487

^
What part are you from?

I got a shore place in Ventnor - good times
June 20, 2006 @ 10:31 AM

Inactive

how is it living in philly? i was thinking about it
June 20, 2006 @ 06:31 PM
KillaKate

how is it living in philly? i was thinking about it

um.save yourself the trouble.
July 10, 2006 @ 12:03 AM
jerry6d

What's so wrong with philly? I've been living here all my life and I love it.
July 12, 2006 @ 04:36 PM
ag229487

^

YOU are whats wrong with Philly >sad
July 23, 2006 @ 10:27 PM
jerry6d

Hows that jaw? razz
July 24, 2006 @ 07:34 PM
B.Hicks

any been to WTHN yet? i got a boy that works there, he wants me to stop thru...
July 24, 2006 @ 08:04 PM
catchfever

WTHN should have waited to open, should have stocked up on sneakers before they opened. Some cool tee's, but the sneaker selection was weak
July 30, 2006 @ 11:03 PM
Birdman Jr

im afraid of whats gonna happen to my life there after i leave NY for a while.
July 31, 2006 @ 03:37 PM
owensA

Where's WTHN. Ya UBIQ no longer really stocks much clothing (last time I was there the second floor was entirely closed. I guess you could call Philly a smaller, humbler NY, but I think that's over simplifying it. It's a true working class city (unlike NY), the people are humble, the city in general is very affordable, and it's got the best food in the US next to NYC. But if you're from NY don't expect it to be on the same level. And whoever said it had a ton of hypebeasts, wtf?! Philly has very few people that are into the sneaker/ high-end "streetwear" market. Sure you might see a few on South St., but as a whole Philadelphians don't worry that much about $170 sneakers or $40 T-shirts, it doesn't really go with the working class mentality that defined the average Philadelphian. Plus, not to generalize too much, but the city is damn near entirely White and Black, probably less than 5-7% Asian, and Asians are often a large part of the streetwear/sneaker market (like in SF and NYC).
July 31, 2006 @ 05:20 PM
B.Hicks

Where's WTHN. Ya UBIQ no longer really stocks much clothing (last time I was there the second floor was entirely closed. I guess you could call Philly a smaller, humbler NY, but I think that's over simplifying it. It's a true working class city (unlike NY), the people are humble, the city in general is very affordable, and it's got the best food in the US next to NYC. But if you're from NY don't expect it to be on the same level. And whoever said it had a ton of hypebeasts, wtf?! Philly has very few people that are into the sneaker/ high-end "streetwear" market. Sure you might see a few on South St., but as a whole Philadelphians don't worry that much about $170 sneakers or $40 T-shirts, it doesn't really go with the working class mentality that defined the average Philadelphian. Plus, not to generalize too much, but the city is damn near entirely White and Black, probably less than 5-7% Asian, and Asians are often a large part of the streetwear/sneaker market (like in SF and NYC).

yea, perfect way to put it.. phillidelphians dont have that same "my shit don't stink" mentality like New Yorkers.. thats what i like about the city.

and yeah, the underground scene isnt the strong. other people rockin FAPE that's basically all you'll see. i couple college buddys i know are heavy sneakerheads but thats about it. UBIQ is basically dead. The one in The Gallery is alittle better, but it basically sells nothing but LRG and AF1s. and the first floor doesnt really have to much on it. so WTHN came at precisely the right time.

you can search the main hypebeast page for WTHN for the adress. its not to far from chestnut street(i mapquested it).
August 10, 2006 @ 06:28 PM
H LO

<<< from philly well actually montgomery county if you wanna get technical
August 14, 2006 @ 06:13 PM

Inactive

I'm in Atlantic City and it really sucks down here. I got a couple DL spots in South Jersey but Philly really aint worth the ride unless I'm going to Ikea or cravin a Jim's Cheesesteak. Jim's>Pat's>Geno's. Yeah I said it!
August 16, 2006 @ 02:02 PM
B.Hicks

^Jersey/NY Cheesesteaks own Philly Cheesesteaks.. yea i said it. philly's are only highly regarded because it's supposedly the home of cheesesteaks.

Please login first to reply.