FLASH SALE - 25% OFF - USE CODE: FLASH25 (25 HOURS ONLY)
August 16, 2006 @ 03:18 PM
STEEZ

yo im coming up for the roots show on thursday with some people.. besides UBIQ WHTHMHMHJH or whatever; what other shops are there?? SB DEALERS?? thanks

peaceee
August 16, 2006 @ 04:36 PM
hollermcdollar

^nowhere you'll find decent prices in the city... nocturnal on south st. is the most frequented sb spot nowadays but they're gradually raising their prices into the "rape" territory... the new camo highs were a cool $150 last i stopped in a few days ago. sub-zero is a good choice if you're into fake shit cause that's all they sell, and just like everybody else said, ubiq blows. go there if you like getting dirty looks and zero help from employees. the gallery one is a bit better but eh.

WTHN (3rd and church) is the new ish for clothing but kick selection is weak, especially if you're a bigger-foot guy like me (12.)
August 16, 2006 @ 05:03 PM
owensA

^Jersey/NY Cheesesteaks own Philly Cheesesteaks.. yea i said it. philly's are only highly regarded because it's supposedly the home of cheesesteaks.

You're a clown, no way that's true, esp cause NY shops dont use fresh Philly rolls (Amoroso's rolls are king in damn near every Philly spot). And NJ cheesesteaks are trash, just like most of the state. cheesesteaks are one of the most regionally dominant foods. I grew up in and around philly and have had cheesesteaks in NJ, NY, MA, Virgin Islands, etc. They aren't even preparted properly in any other area (i.e. steak isnt sliced right, rolls suck, cheese is wrong type or just plain bad).
August 17, 2006 @ 09:11 PM
STEEZ

^nowhere you'll find decent prices in the city... nocturnal on south st. is the most frequented sb spot nowadays but they're gradually raising their prices into the "rape" territory... the new camo highs were a cool $150 last i stopped in a few days ago. sub-zero is a good choice if you're into fake shit cause that's all they sell, and just like everybody else said, ubiq blows. go there if you like getting dirty looks and zero help from employees. the gallery one is a bit better but eh.

WTHN (3rd and church) is the new ish for clothing but kick selection is weak, especially if you're a bigger-foot guy like me (12.)

word that all suckss. I actually felt like shit and bailed (the tickets were free anyways) man i cant stand it when stores have shitty employees. I love how supreme is legendary for being assholes... The 2 times i went in there no one said shit to me and i had mad money with me.. If they would have tried to sell me i would have prob spent some loot.

if i owned a shop my employees would be friendly as fuck.

thanks for the info thoughhhhh
August 21, 2006 @ 08:47 PM
B.Hicks

You're a clown, no way that's true, esp cause NY shops dont use fresh Philly rolls (Amoroso's rolls are king in damn near every Philly spot). And NJ cheesesteaks are trash, just like most of the state. cheesesteaks are one of the most regionally dominant foods. I grew up in and around philly and have had cheesesteaks in NJ, NY, MA, Virgin Islands, etc. They aren't even preparted properly in any other area (i.e. steak isnt sliced right, rolls suck, cheese is wrong type or just plain bad).

hahaha, not going to argue with a "philly native" about philly cheesesteaks... bias will win that debate..

BUT, as for WTHN... i finally stopped through on Sunday.. met the owner(Mason).. we talked for alittle about how the streetwear scene was bigger than we expected in Philly.. dude's cool as shit. seems like a real down to earth cat.. i'll be going again in 2 weeks when they get the new Crooks in.

i suggest everyone check em out if your in Philly, it's in Old City.
August 29, 2006 @ 12:51 PM
thenotoriousda

philly representer to the fullest!
August 31, 2006 @ 07:05 PM
Birdman Jr

I'm new to philly and I've been to a couple of sneaker spots since the past week and the only stores worth going to from what i see is afficial, WTHN, and maybe ubiq (not the gallery).
September 2, 2006 @ 06:00 PM
ulkgood

PHILLY BLUNT SON!!!had to say it sry.
September 3, 2006 @ 07:35 PM
owensA

Does Benjamin Lovell's have a decent Nike or Adidas selection? I've only passed the one that's around Rittenhouse but never went in. Thanks.
September 6, 2006 @ 09:50 PM
Famous Stars

I'm in Atlantic City and it really sucks down here. I got a couple DL spots in South Jersey but Philly really aint worth the ride unless I'm going to Ikea or cravin a Jim's Cheesesteak. Jim's>Pat's>Geno's. Yeah I said it!

Stop. Tony Luke's>Geno's>Pat's>Jim's
September 8, 2006 @ 11:41 PM

Inactive

Tony Lukes blows. They opened one in the Borgota and I told tony himself that it sucked when I tried them there too.
September 12, 2006 @ 12:25 PM
B.Hicks

UBIQ on Walnut just stocked up on most of Stussy's Fall Line(Tees only from what i saw). just a heads up.. they've actually got something other than LRG.
September 14, 2006 @ 10:29 AM
mcfly

wthn is pretty cool, good brands, but they need a window display to draw people in not a bunch of dudes playing xbox.
September 14, 2006 @ 12:28 PM
B.Hicks

yea, they do need some window display...
September 16, 2006 @ 07:10 AM
JoJo

Anyone know of any good spots where i'll be able to grab that upcoming Frankenstein halloween Af1 release?

and a bit more on topic, I went to WTHN a couple weeks ago, pretty cool shop, better then Ubiq imo.

I'm actually out near west chester, pa. We have a Fairmans skate shop out here which always gets a good amt. of sb dunks in. Problem is they hype the prices up right off the bat (usually $150 or so), but I guess not many people are into dunks because they usually end up falling in a week or two. Last time I was in there they had a grip of puff n stuffs & andersons for $100. Not stellar pricing, but not too bad.
September 16, 2006 @ 09:06 AM
STEEZ

baltimore is going to be hot this weekend....
October 8, 2006 @ 08:23 AM
Jane'a Johnson

i need an address for luckies/lucky's cheesesteaks in kensington. went there over the summer and i gotta get back there, but forget where it's at.

also, be on the lookout in November for Deep Sleep in Old City.
October 19, 2006 @ 01:16 PM
matth

on my way to philly tomorrow, i know about the stores i just need to know where they are...somebody help me out
October 19, 2006 @ 03:04 PM
mcfly

WTHN
17 N. THIRD STREET PHILADELPHIA PA 19106

Afficial
608 S. Fifth St. 215.627.3001

Nocturnal Skateboard Shop
October 20, 2006 @ 01:11 AM
matth

good look mcfly
October 24, 2006 @ 01:47 AM
B.Hicks

bump.. i havnt been to Nocturnal in a minute, how much they chargin for morks?
October 24, 2006 @ 01:57 PM
hollermcdollar

^at release they were $150, not sure what they're at now.

nocturnal is gonna be charging rape at release from now on i believe.
October 26, 2006 @ 03:43 PM
B.Hicks

hey any other Philly-heads hear about Armondos Record/Stereo on chestnut store going out of bussiness afer 26 years? they had Common down there when Be dropped signing and shit. they've had allot of MCs come through. its crazy, that was my music spot too.. the internet is killing music man. frist TOWER, and now this.
October 27, 2006 @ 05:54 AM
1 OF 1

Steves>Genos>Pats=Jims

NET on South st. they got some 10 deep hoodies and tees, artful, GG, creative reaction, and other aight shit.

Adidas store on South sometimes has some cool shit.

Platinum South St. carries PRPS, RM, Evisus, etc.

Premier South st. i think they are a new store they carry RM, Black Label, CLH and some other cool gear

Dr. Denim South street has 10 deep, CLH, GG sneaks and tees, Evisus

Fusion denim South street has a variety of hollywood denim like Rock & Republics, True Religions, Antik Denim, Salvage tees, Morphine, Affliction, shit like that

WTHN 3rd and church probably the best underground street store in philly i like how they dont have a window display or a store sign it looks very exclusive. very Busy Workshop-ish (or was it Footsoldier) in the early days in japan.

B.Hicks you crazy about that cheesesteak talk man. I think you take it for granted that we have the best cheesesteak because its so readily available...
October 29, 2006 @ 04:36 AM
1 OF 1

^ lol jim's are for fuckin tourists...
October 29, 2006 @ 11:51 PM
B.Hicks

haha so i went down South Street to find a pair of Jordan Spiz'ikes and guess what? i did.. but i didn't buy. the rapists at City Blue wanted $450(!!!!!!) for a pair man. $4-fucking-50... i just laughed at dude and left.
October 31, 2006 @ 01:17 PM
eyes

holy shit thats high. i remember coming home from the bar and seeing people sleeping outside of ubiq the day before release.

tony lukes for cheesesteaks btw.
November 26, 2006 @ 07:04 PM
Jane'a Johnson

new store in philly. check it out
deep sleep
December 2, 2006 @ 11:47 AM
Pedestrian252

New Philly Spot
Stop thru and peep us out. Well worth it, I promise!

www.myspace.com/pedestrian252
December 2, 2006 @ 02:26 PM
billballard

we just got new mhi jackets, hoodies and tshirts in at deep sleep.
evisu and apc jeans in the next month.
uarm neckface shirts and all the old season fucking awesome t's
check us out
54 n. third
myspace.com/deepxsleep

Please login first to reply.