January 2, 2008 @ 07:27 PM
MN6twelve

Any HB live in or around Iowa City??? Or in Iowa period? I've been talking to some people because I was going to open a store in Des Moines. Since then, people have been telling me that Iowa City would be a better spot for it. Let me know what you guys think. You can check my sig to see what I kind of store I would be bringing. I would be mixing it up with some skate products too though so I could carry Nike SB.
January 3, 2008 @ 08:37 AM
faro one

QUAD CITIES baybay.....

DAVENPORT

BETTENDORF

HOLLA!

WE GOT MORE CHILDREN OF THE CORN THAN MURDA MA$E, BLOOD$HED, MR McGRUFF, big L, AND KILLA

January 3, 2008 @ 09:22 AM
karl winslow

yo, I'm the guy that was trying to help you out with the whole Des Moines thing on Niketalk. I still think you should bring it here!!
January 3, 2008 @ 11:15 AM
MN6twelve

You think Des Moines is better than Iowa City???
January 3, 2008 @ 01:04 PM
karl winslow

probably not, no, haha, but it would still be cool to have a store like that in this AREA, not necessarilly DM. So either Iowa City or DM work for me.
January 5, 2008 @ 11:42 AM
MN6twelve

I talked to Nike yesterday about bringing a store to Iowa. They told me that I would be able to get a Nike Indy account right away but it would be hard for me to get the Urban Elite account. That is the account that I really want to bring to Iowa because the shoes are more limited and there is more to choose from. Nike Indy has a lot of limited Dunks and Stabs. To get a Urban Elite account, Nike likes to see at least 25% of the population to be minorities. I checked the US Census and I don't see anywhere where there is a 25% minority rate.
January 7, 2008 @ 12:51 PM
karl winslow

Except maybe TX, NY, and maaaaybe some parts of CA.
January 9, 2008 @ 05:03 PM
Evgraf

go to des moines, dont they have a sonic there

http://cavalieressentials.com/

June 24, 2008 @ 08:32 PM
SSBSTS

this is such an old thread i doubt this will have any bearing but anyways...

iowa city already has a shop with nike sb and the hundreds and maybe some other stuff. havent been out there for years now. des moines has nothing like that at the moment.
June 26, 2008 @ 09:44 AM
SSBSTS

where is this shop? never heard of it.

the skate shop, the full kit.
September 24, 2008 @ 12:22 AM
internet

As a Des Moines resident I must let you know that if you were to open a store in my city I would be dropping mad money. There's no where to buy cool shoes in Des Moines so I'm forced to buy almost all my stuff online. I think it would be a better business decision to build it in Des Moines but maybe that's just me.

If I were you I would try and find a place to rent over in East Village area or maybe by the strip mall by Roosevelt High. There's a boardshop in that area so I'm sure you get all sorts of skaters and students in that place.

Please login first to reply.