leaders on the northside does
and also
a.okay on clark
December 6, 2007 @ 05:27 PM
BeccathePromoM

Chicago
December 6, 2007 @ 05:29 PM
BeccathePromoM

Chicago’s Premier Sneaker Boutiques Come Together To Form Brotherhood, Kick It Off With City Wide Celebration December 19th.

Chicago, IL--In recent times, street wear and sneaker boutiques have sprung up throughout Chicago. These stores specialize in carrying the latest designs, freshest styles, and the rarest of kicks. In addition, these boutiques serve as community fixtures, offering a space to talk music, sports, and politics. Even as new ones open up, the Chi-town originators of such spots continue to grow and improve, and now come together in hopes of unifying Chicago’s urban community and maintaining the integrity of a culture rich and diverse. Enter The Brotherhood.

When Leaders 1354, PHLI Worldwide, and Self Conscious teamed up with designer Enstrumental to create shirts donning the message “We need PHLI Self Conscious Leaders” it was much deeper than the clothes. The message signified the beginning of their partnership and is at the core of their mission. They intend to unify Chicago’s disjointed Hip Hop scene, set the bar for future boutiques, and serve as role models for black entrepreneurs everywhere.

PHLI Worldwide’s Dave Jeff says the partnership was a long time coming. “We have been talking about this for a long time, and now is the perfect moment for all of us to come together, and remind everyone that we were the first sneaker boutiques in Chicago, and we are still the hottest sneaker boutiques in Chicago,” he said.

“Plus we are in the city of haters, and people think we hate each other. That’s not the case. We all support each other as fellow experts when it comes to the sneakers and street wear, as fellow Chicagoans working to uplift our communities, and we support each other as black businessmen.”

PHLI, Leaders, and Self Conscious attract those on the cutting edge of fashion and culture. They are a must see for artists and entertainers visiting the Windy City, and some of Hip Hop’s top stars have sported their brands. While their names have grown nationally, it has been their local loyal customers that have allowed these stores to flourish. In their first event, the Brotherhood says thank you with two celebrations aimed at giving back to those that shaped them.

Mike from Leaders 1354 said, “There are a lot of people that really held us down over the years. They don’t even necessarily come into buy something everyday, but just to hang out and let us know that they’re with us.” To show their thanks, the Brotherhood has assembled some of Chicago’s top DJs for a night of partying on Wednesday, December 19th.

The night kicks off at 6PM with an exclusive VIP party held at the Nike office. The party is limited to 150 people, who will be hand selected by each store. Guests will be treated to food and drinks, music and fashion giveaways, as DJs Roosevelt Treasurechest and J-Illa open up their record bags to supply beats throughout the evening.

At 10PM the party will move to Lumen nightclub, located at 839 W. Fulton Mkt. Allstar DJs Million Dollar Mano, TimBuck2, Twilight Tone, and the legendary Terry Hunter will all be on hand delivering the hottest songs, to keep the party moving all night.

This is just the beginning for the Brotherhood. Their common ends with different means, creativity, and Their expertise when it comes to sneakers and street wear will allow the Brotherhood to have a strong impact in Chicago now and in the future.

Cliff from Self Conscious sums it up, "While we do similar things, yet each store has their own identity, which allows us to work in more communities, with more people. We all have a big influence in Chicago's sneaker culture, and together we came up with the Brotherhood to exercise that influence, and use it for the betterment of Chicago."

All Events are 100% FREE!!!!

For more info:

www.myspace.com/phli
www.myspace.com/leaders1354
www.myspace.com/vdotchicago
www.myspace.com/enstrumental

For Press, Sponsorship, Giveaway and Other inquiries:

Alexander Fruchter
[email]TreasurechestPR@hotmail.com[/email]

----
Rebecca V. O'Neal
[email]becca.oneal@gmail.com[/email]
www.myspace.com/beccathepromomami2
December 6, 2007 @ 05:30 PM
BeccathePromoM

Chicago
December 6, 2007 @ 05:31 PM
BeccathePromoM

Chicago's Premier Sneaker Boutiques Come Together To Form Brotherhood:razzhli,Leaders..

Chicago
December 7, 2007 @ 02:28 AM
Mr Chubbs

Thats actually pretty sick.

www.totallyfoolproof.com

December 7, 2007 @ 04:19 AM
Lostsoul125

Where can I find original graffiti art/graffic urban art for purchase in Chicago? Something like this art gallery/sneaker boutique in Houston:
I've been to some sneaker stores in Chicago (Leaders 1354, St. Alfreds, etc., but none of them sell any local art of this kind...)

Anyone have any info?

Yo Htown kicks go to Armory Chicago in Albany Park or just callem ask for Reksick or Rico and Im sure he can lead you in the right direction. Hes working with alot of artists in the Chicagoland area and has been doing art shows every now and then so Im sure he can find someone to bust a original piece for you.

www.armorychicago.com
December 8, 2007 @ 12:27 PM
Offspring

Hello, i live in Toronto and im about to reach Chicago for the holidays. Could anybody suggest any spots to pick up some gear? 10 Deep & Crooks especially. Thanks! If i were to wander someplace downtown long enough, would i find a lot of these? Never been to America before, and im really looking forward smile.

Thanks!
December 12, 2007 @ 05:46 PM
dblockdosmil

nah, take a cab to wicker park and wander
December 15, 2007 @ 01:59 PM
Adam Sofa

Hello, i live in Toronto and im about to reach Chicago for the holidays. Could anybody suggest any spots to pick up some gear? 10 Deep & Crooks especially. Thanks! If i were to wander someplace downtown long enough, would i find a lot of these? Never been to America before, and im really looking forward smile.

Thanks!

Hit up the north side wicker park area. There is a store called "leaders 1354" that has the brands ur looking for and more. There is also many other shops in wicker park as well

Www.leaders1354.com
December 15, 2007 @ 02:01 PM
Adam Sofa

htownkicks. A okay official is gonna be ur spot!!
December 20, 2007 @ 08:05 PM
Lew

lol the line for the lupe autographs outside the basement is LOOOOOOOOOOOONG

like 6 dudes were fighting in the middle of the street over a thrown shirt
December 24, 2007 @ 10:48 AM
BeccathePromoM

75+ MidWest Sneaker/Streetwear Retailers Listed Here by State!!!!
[CENTER][FONT="Century Gothic"]
[SIZE="6"]THE MIDWEST AIN'T GOT STYLE?!?!??[/SIZE]

[SIZE="7"]WRONG![/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]streetlandheartwear.com launches in june 2008 and will feature everything you need to know about streetwear and sneakers in the midwest :: from a definitive list of retailers and brands, to interviews and customer pictures and reviews, to musicians/recording artists sponsored by the retailers to cool places to get tats, the hottest graphic designers in the region, screen printing companies and more. the streetland heartwear team will be traveling around the midwest documenting the region's hottest spots and events.[/SIZE]
[SIZE="6"]
look out out for us in june![/SIZE]
[SIZE="5"]http://www.myspace.com/streetlandheartwear[/SIZE]

[SIZE="6"]Streetwear/Sneaker/Skate Retailers by State[/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]
ILLINOIS[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Leaders1354
PHLI
Self-Conscious
St. Alfred
Solemates
Uprise
A. Okay Official
JugRnaut
Encore
The Bassment
THE SHOP
Skate Shack
[/SIZE]
See details about all Illinois Retailers HERE

[SIZE="5"]INDIANA[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]got SOLE?
Rise Skateboard Shop
KEY SKATEBOARDS
BOARDROOM SKATE SHOP
LIFE SKATEBOARDS
INFLUENCE SKATESHOP
HardCore Sportz
Solution bmx Skate Shop[/SIZE]

See details about all Indiana Retailers HERE

[SIZE="5"]IOWA[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]The Full Kit
Bert & Ernie's Skateshop
Subsect Skateshop[/SIZE]

See details about all Iowa Retailers HERE

[SIZE="5"]KANSAS[/SIZE]
[SIZE="4"]
Imperial Ride Shop[/SIZE]

See details about all Kansas Retailers HERE

[SIZE="5"]
KENTUCKY
[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]SIRRIMONGKOHN Skateshop
HOME SKATESHOP[/SIZE]

See details about all Kentucky Retailers HERE

[SIZE="5"]MICHIGAN[/SIZE]
[SIZE="4"]
Motivation
BURN RUBBER
Citizen
Launch Board Shop
REVIVE
DOWNTOWN SKATE
ALL CITY KICKS
LICK
THE REFINERY
BOB's CLASSIC KICKS
PREMIER
REFUGE SKATEBOARDSHOP
GREATEST OF ALL TIME
Pogo SkateShop
Special Editions Skateboard Shop
Red Belly
Skaters Advocate[/SIZE]

See details about all Michigan Retailers HERE

[SIZE="5"]MINNESOTA[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Vs. Social Standard Minnesota
6twelve Premium
Hot Spot Skateshop
CAL SURF
MINDSTATE
Familia Skateshop
the youth shelter supply
Damage[/SIZE]

See details about all Minnesota Retailers HERE

[SIZE="5"]MISSOURI[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]R. Sole
PHENOM KC
Escapist Skateboarding
The Shop
Jump Street
Dream Catcher Studios
S.O.K.A. SKATE AND SNOW[/SIZE]

See details about all Missouri Retailers HERE

[SIZE="5"]NEBRASKA[/SIZE]
[SIZE="4"]
BBB Skateshop
Precision Skateboards[/SIZE]

See details about all Nebraska Retailers HERE

[SIZE="5"]NORTH DAKOTA[/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]OHIO[/SIZE]
[SIZE="4"]
Heart & Sole
ANONYMOUS SKATESHOP
ONE LOVE SKATESHOP
DEMENTED SKATESHOP
SOLE CLASSICS
FABLE SKATEBOARD SHOP
The Grind Shop[/SIZE]

See details about all Ohio Retailers HERE

[SIZE="5"]SOUTH DAKOTA[/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]WISCONSIN[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]COOK
drunknBUTTERFLY
MODA3
FLOW
ALUMNI BOARDSHOP
Phase II Skateshop
Sky High Skateboardshop
Streets of Fire
101 Skateboarding[/SIZE]

See details about all Wisconsin Retailers HERE

[SIZE="6"]
THE LIST IS STILL GROWING :: If you know any retailers that SHOULD be on this list, send me their info![/SIZE]
[SIZE="4"]
MidWestern StreetWear Apparel Brands Coming Soon!!!
www.myspace.com/streetlandheartwear
[/SIZE][/CENTER][/FONT]
January 25, 2008 @ 12:06 PM
alex187

they have a store with dope ass bape called " B*FRESH " in chicago
January 25, 2008 @ 12:06 PM
alex187

they have a store with dope ass bape called " B*FRESH " in chicago

i hope u kno im playin! ahhaha that store has fake shit
January 25, 2008 @ 12:29 PM
Adam Sofa

i hope u kno im playin! ahhaha that store has fake shit

is it on divisions??? lol or the one on the corner of grand n pulaski by jimmys hotdogs?? LOL
January 25, 2008 @ 02:18 PM
$mike!

Whats good Chi-Town!?

The Revive crew from Michigan is just showin some love to all the peeps in Chi-Town. We just launched our online store and we're having our winter sale. We lettin go of our winter clothing for LOW! If you need some gear, come cop it from us!

January 25, 2008 @ 02:31 PM
Adam Sofa

Whats good Chi-Town!?

The Revive crew from Michigan is just showin some love to all the peeps in Chi-Town. We just launched our online store and we're having our winter sale. We lettin go of our winter clothing for LOW! If you need some gear, come cop it from us!

tell jeremy that pun said he is lame,lol jerm is my dude from the forums
January 25, 2008 @ 08:21 PM
alex187

is it on divisions??? lol or the one on the corner of grand n pulaski by jimmys hotdogs?? LOL

the one in the brickyard son, the little mall thing its next to champs

edit: its on diversey
January 25, 2008 @ 08:39 PM
Adam Sofa

damn fakes at the brick! crazy shit
January 27, 2008 @ 07:40 PM
alex187

YEAH, THEY DONT SELL ANY BAPE AT ALL ANYMORE HAHA GOOD FOR THEM STICK TO NO NAME BRANDS LMAO
January 27, 2008 @ 07:48 PM
jimmysweatpants

I LIVED ON THE EAST COAST MY WHOLE LIFE, AND DIDNT EVER THINK ANYTHING WAS REALLY CRACKIN WEST OF PHILLY.THAT CHANGED AFTER MY FIRST VISIT THERE.CITY IS BEAUTIFUL, PEOPLE ARE THE SHIT, OVER ALL REALLY DOPE PLACE
January 30, 2008 @ 07:53 PM
dblockdosmil

too cold in our city this week right?
February 1, 2008 @ 10:23 AM
MikeDos*

Yo was up SKF
yeah man i got off school today for the snow day anybody elses get off
February 1, 2008 @ 09:00 PM
Lostsoul125

Heres some shirts coming out in Spring over at the Armory in Albany Park...for more info hittem up at www.ArmoryChicago.com

Aduse Script. The homie Aduse from Japan hooked it up with a script. He's really known in the circuit out there he does a monthly column in Japan's Lowriding Magazine and also is a reknown tattoo artist out there.

Chopper Logo by OG Abel. Available in Black and White. Abel came through and blessed us. Not too many people can tell he did the design cause his style is alot different. Check out his work at www.OgAbel.com

Hasle Letters. Hasle from TV CREW hooked up these letters a few years back. I was messing with the colors and decided to put it out finally. We been doing real well with the graff shirts so figured I would add another to the mix. Available in 3 colors.

Gully 2. We flipped the colors from the original. If you dont know we flipped this design from the San Diego Gulls logo which was our Hockey Team Back in the day. Hockey in San Diego yeah same thing were thinking probably why there not around anymore HAHA...

Xact hooked it up and fipped the Warriors logo. We originally put it out Red on Black and Red on White. But here we blew it out made the design bigger and added different colors.

Initially this design was Chi Town Bullys. But being we sell all across the world we figured to put the slogan from the old Freestyle Fellowship song Bullies on the bLock. We hip hop so we go with the spelling that looks better. So Bullys it is....

Boxhead---StateofMindRadio.com X Armory Collabo Shirt. This was our best seller last season sold out 4 times on Karmaloop.com. Brang it back in a new color.

Armory Survival Gear Logo. 3 Colorways to match kicks and whatever else. Also to represent the real...

Vicious Beat flip. Pretty much a flip of the Vicious Beat Posse logo. A Rap group out of San Diego who got the first major label deal out of SD. The homies Charlie Rock and Pokey used to dance for them and I believe even tour with them back in the late 80's early 90's. pretty much paying homage to some old school SD peeps...

Closer look at the bulldog with the Gucci Link and Armory Medalion

Battle Royal color flip. If you havent seen the Battle Royale movie you got to. We basically flipped the logo from the film and added our twist. Also added colors this time.
February 3, 2008 @ 02:23 PM
dblockdosmil

haha
that gully shirt is a must
February 4, 2008 @ 09:41 AM
SeanCK

yeh some ill shit there...
February 4, 2008 @ 09:49 AM
Adam Sofa

anyone hit up the sale at uprise????? they closing for remodeling and not opening till march... 50% off all clothes and the clearance shoes are 20 bucks!
February 4, 2008 @ 09:54 AM
SeanCK

is this still going on? im there after school
February 4, 2008 @ 09:07 PM
AMuells

anyone hit up the sale at uprise????? they closing for remodeling and not opening till march... 50% off all clothes and the clearance shoes are 20 bucks!

did u go? was it good? I was gonna but my broke ass only had 8 bucks on me, lol.

Please login first to reply.