Enjoy an Additional 10% Off on All Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA10
December 2, 2007 @ 12:19 AM
scrm

^ yea. even if you were just to go to salem, just seeing how many cars have a exit sticker would make you think they came with the cars.
December 3, 2007 @ 01:08 AM
morcel87

lol^. exit is great for getting sports equipment... however compared to other portland stores, its not as good for streetwear. also i would rather get a deck at tribute cuz tribute is fucking fresh.
December 4, 2007 @ 06:48 AM
camthraxFHK

Dear God... The world expects streetwear from shred shops... SIGN OF THE APOCALYPSE.
December 6, 2007 @ 01:19 PM
DestroyClothing

Hey guys.

The Portland Mercury did a write up on our store today. If you are interested in checking it out, here it is:

http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland/Content?category=37009&issue=485274

Come in anytime from now through Sunday for 20% OFF ALL DESTROY products. Just mention you saw this on Hypebeast. We also take phone orders at 503.236.7339

Thanks.
December 8, 2007 @ 01:22 PM
morcel87

i will be stopping by then
December 9, 2007 @ 06:44 PM
Flint Ironstag

They had a few mishka tees last time I was there...

Although I rarely even bother with them anymore since I usually try to wear XXL (and they have very little). If you are looking for XXXL like in your sig good luck.

yeah i remember last time I was there that their selection of large sizes was piss poor... i guess that's just another sign that the stick-thin hipsters have officially taken over Portland. I used to work at the Levis store on 23rd, and I actually had to special order shirts in my size just to wear while working there. Shit's pathetic.
December 9, 2007 @ 11:50 PM

Inactive

whats boxing day like in portland, any shops having big sales?
December 10, 2007 @ 12:20 AM
bomber

yeah i remember last time I was there that their selection of large sizes was piss poor... i guess that's just another sign that the stick-thin hipsters have officially taken over Portland. I used to work at the Levis store on 23rd, and I actually had to special order shirts in my size just to wear while working there. Shit's pathetic.

Yea it sucks. The other thing that I don't understand is that if you talk to the guys at the shops they usually say that XXL stuff flies out the door while you see tons of size smedium stuff on the sales table.
December 10, 2007 @ 12:21 AM
bomber

whats boxing day like in portland, any shops having big sales?

Doubt you will see much. I don't think we normally celebrate British holidays?
December 10, 2007 @ 12:42 AM
FlashinLeather

Portland, Maine > Portland, Oregon
December 10, 2007 @ 02:47 AM
bomber

Um, kay.
December 10, 2007 @ 05:52 PM
scrm

Portland, Maine > Portland, Oregon

No Sales Tax > Sales Tax

whus rlly gud?
December 13, 2007 @ 11:08 AM
DestroyClothing

THE DESTROY STORE 20% OFF SALE (TODAY ONLY)

[SIZE="7"][SIZE="6"]20% OFF HOLIDAY SALE (TODAY ONLY)[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Sneak attack. Boom. We have a one day holiday super sale going on right now. 20% OFF ALL ITEMS in our Online Store. Thats all items including Destroy, Addict, Onela and artwork by Steve Mathews. Just enter the coupon code “HOLIDAYSALE” upon checking out and 20% will automatically be deducted from the total price of your order. All orders received today are GUARANTEED in time for Christmas, so don’t sleep. This won’t be happening again anytime soon.

For all you local heads, you can receive the same discount in store as well. Our store address is 1712 E. Burnside. Also, we now accept phone orders. Our store number is 503.236.7339

http://www.DestroyStore.com
December 17, 2007 @ 04:26 PM
camthraxFHK

do you only sell your store brand and addict?! DAMN!
December 17, 2007 @ 05:25 PM
DestroyClothing

We will constantly be adding new brands to the line up. Definitely not your typical streetwear brands everyone here talks about on the day to day but some top quality pieces from brands you can't easily find here in Portland.
December 17, 2007 @ 05:59 PM
morcel87

lay-off the online ads tho. HIPSTER HOMICIDE!
December 17, 2007 @ 06:28 PM
camthraxFHK

good luck with that... portlanders have thick skulls and a preference for REI and goodwill. I just remember buying my addict hoodie at local 35 for $10 because they couldn't sell it.
December 17, 2007 @ 06:29 PM
FearItSelf

good luck with that... portlanders have thick skulls and a preference for REI and goodwill. I just remember buying my addict hoodie at local 35 for $10 because they couldn't sell it.

qft, everyone at my school rocks the shit out of value village and goodwill
December 17, 2007 @ 06:45 PM
camthraxFHK

^^^ Its just the damn truth. Portland doesn't have the same tradition as a NY, Boston, LA, SF, etc of people flossing expensive labels. I mean the richest bitches in Portland barely know their fashion shit (probably learned it from watching the hills or some BS...), much less the backpacker kids who smoke too much weed and only listen to underground hip hop, the the lazy college weirdos who study anthropology at PSU or PCC, the dudes who ride bikes they converted or people who will live and die in Eugene.

If you all can't tell, I'm homesick hahaha. I leave for the US tomorrow!
December 18, 2007 @ 09:18 AM
scrm

^^^ Its just the damn truth. Portland doesn't have the same tradition as a NY, Boston, LA, SF, etc of people flossing expensive labels. I mean the richest bitches in Portland barely know their fashion shit (probably learned it from watching the hills or some BS...), much less the backpacker kids who smoke too much weed and only listen to underground hip hop, the the lazy college weirdos who study anthropology at PSU or PCC, the dudes who ride bikes they converted or people who will live and die in Eugene.

If you all can't tell, I'm homesick hahaha. I leave for the US tomorrow!

Pffft, don't get me started on all these guys on bikes dying.
December 18, 2007 @ 12:26 PM
bomber

Well I don't necessarily disagree, but to play devils advocate some of it is just the climate. You see a lot of people in Portland and Seattle driving around expensive cars, but dressing in basic clothing. It is hard to get too excited about wearing $400 shoes when it is raining all the time. Other than the few nice months in the summer or whatever it is usually more about utility than fashion up here.

Personally, I spent a lot more time/money on clothing when I was in LA. The weather is good 90% of the time and there is always this 'keep up with the jones's' thing that goes on with respect to image. Not saying that is always a good thing...I would like to think that I am not always being judged on what I happen to be wearing at the moment, even though we all know its true (to some degree).

Eugene people however, they are a breed of their own smile
December 18, 2007 @ 07:11 PM
FearItSelf

Well I don't necessarily disagree, but to play devils advocate some of it is just the climate. You see a lot of people in Portland and Seattle driving around expensive cars, but dressing in basic clothing. It is hard to get too excited about wearing $400 shoes when it is raining all the time. Other than the few nice months in the summer or whatever it is usually more about utility than fashion up here.

Personally, I spent a lot more time/money on clothing when I was in LA. The weather is good 90% of the time and there is always this 'keep up with the jones's' thing that goes on with respect to image. Not saying that is always a good thing...I would like to think that I am not always being judged on what I happen to be wearing at the moment, even though we all know its true (to some degree).

Eugene people however, they are a breed of their own smile

yeah but you could be spending more time on clothes when your in LA because its alot mroe available then it is in Portland
December 18, 2007 @ 11:28 PM
bomber

Well keep in mind the fairfax explosion is fairly recent...look at how many of those stores were there in 2004 vs today.

But yea, LA is a huge city...Portland is midsize, can't really expect them to be equal. Besides, the internet is the great equalizer anyway.
December 20, 2007 @ 11:50 PM
scrm

Gotta go hit up genx for that makaveli and southpole!
December 21, 2007 @ 09:03 PM
camthraxFHK

^^^ dude, that place is where I cop all my AAA tees. They have some of the best random ass shit...
December 27, 2007 @ 08:34 PM
DestroyClothing

Thought you guys might be interested in knowing we just received another batch of our Burnside shirts in the store. We sold out of these our first week open here and finally got some more pieces in. We have a few crewnecks available as well in Black. In-store only. If you are interested in any of these pieces, you can feel free to order one through our site or by phone at 503.236.7339. We expect these will sell out again relatively quickly.

On a side note, we will be having an art opening at the store for Charlie Kraft next Friday, January 4th. If you are going to be in town, you should roll through. Charlies work is the shit. If you live in Portland, chances are you have seen his stuff around.

Also, we'll be offering 25% Off all Destroy products at the opening as well as releasing 2 Destroy x Charlie Kraft colab. t-shirts.

Hope to see you guys there.

The Destroy Store
1712 E. Burnside
January 4, 2008 @ 12:45 AM
morcel87

fuck yeah^
your store is pretty tight, perhaps a little hipster for my taste but its still tight especially the blazer jersey playoff, i rock that shit, reppin 17 & burnside to the fullest.

you guys should add an additional 15-25% off for people who say there from hypebeast, because i'll forsure be there tomorrow.
January 4, 2008 @ 12:46 AM
morcel87

oh shit, is that event your hosting 21+ only?
January 4, 2008 @ 10:38 AM
DestroyClothing

^^No, all ages are more than welcome. Festivities start at 7PM. As stated above all Destroy items will be on sale. Pricing will be as follows:

T-shirts: $20
Crewnecks: $40
Track Jackets: $45
Hoodies: $45

Hope to see you all there.

The Destroy Store
1712 E. Burnside
ph.503.236.7339
January 4, 2008 @ 06:27 PM
FearItSelf

anyone going to the lupe concert on thurs?

Please login first to reply.