FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
December 24, 2006 @ 02:45 PM
She_Fresh

im live in Wack ass richmond BLAH
December 25, 2006 @ 11:53 PM
focus

H-town here! (herndon)
December 26, 2006 @ 12:50 PM
RUBYRHODSOHIP

I am seeing more and more of PG/MD and DC and VA metro area dudes wearing evisu, ed hardy, LL cool J hats, Fape sta,ugly farmer/checker shirts, crooked tongue shoes(yes I have seen some),and much more.

No-Individuality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I lived somewhere else because the take-over is near. But, maybe its because since this region is the most affluent black places in the U.S, people can just easily afford this stuff quick without a problem.

>sad razz
December 26, 2006 @ 03:00 PM
Mr.BrightSide

C'mon man you have to sit back and take it as comedy, DC area guys trying to act hard while looking like trendy West Hollywood faggots, the only thing that can happen is leaving more DC area ladies with a desire for real men.

People in this area really dont know how to dress,there are some people who know how to put an outfit 2ghter without wearing,fape,ed hardy,checker shirts,etc. i dont think that they understand,that they all look the same and they all have no real style,the shit is bad,and during the Major party you could see some nike boot rocking hypesters wearing reason t-shirts,so in due time they will be claimg Major,cmonwealth,and kickballers as there own,but then again,my freinds who own stores say that kids who havent got a know how on the brands and look at a 35 dollar tee wont buy it if it dosent have alot of colors........
December 26, 2006 @ 03:28 PM
RUBYRHODSOHIP

But, brightside and hunter, what are ya going to say when bamas start to wear stuff that is discussed on hypebeast and other fashion forums????

(stussy,the hundreds, diamond co.,10 deep,nike sbs air max dunks,etc)

Then all of us well just fall into the same roof. I love my area,our fashion was tight, but now it is getting crazy. It was cool when visionz, madness, and other underground DC/PG/B-more stuff was popular because it was OURS, not NYC,LA, or JAPAN.

After a while, people are going to figure how to "really" dress, and you will probably see a lot more heads from this area on fashion forums.

But, look on the Bright~side, we ain't really the only area with no-individuality, the Bay Area from what I have seen(pics of people) looks very similar to mid-altantic metro area. I just say, keep doin what you doin, and jump on new things before others get the chance to even know about it.

Even Wale(I know, i am riding him, but it is true) said on his song ADD 1 that all DC/MD/VA metro people are too judgemental, we hate a lot, and we carry are opinions to much.

>sad razz
December 26, 2006 @ 04:22 PM
Mr.BrightSide

But, brightside and hunter, what are ya going to say when bamas start to wear stuff that is discussed on hypebeast and other fashion forums????

(stussy,the hundreds, diamond co.,10 deep,nike sbs air max dunks,etc)

Then all of us well just fall into the same roof. I love my area,our fashion was tight, but now it is getting crazy. It was cool when visionz, madness, and other underground DC/PG/B-more stuff was popular because it was OURS, not NYC,LA, or JAPAN.

After a while, people are going to figure how to "really" dress, and you will probably see a lot more heads from this area on fashion forums.

But, look on the Bright~side, we ain't really the only area with no-individuality, the Bay Area from what I have seen(pics of people) looks very similar to mid-altantic metro area. I just say, keep doin what you doin, and jump on new things before others get the chance to even know about it.

Even Wale(I know, i am riding him, but it is true) said on his song ADD 1 that all DC/MD/VA metro people are too judgemental, we hate a lot, and we carry are opinions to much.

>sad razz

Knowing how to dress isnt something that you just wake up one morning and do,it has to be in you,i dont really care what they rock for real,because you can tell us apart,the kids who started to rock small shirts,also had on 991's with colorful laces,we all know who we are,and who they are,there the ones who try to hard,and for us it just comes........ P.S i love topics like this.....so everyone needs to join.......
December 26, 2006 @ 08:37 PM
Mr.BrightSide

What kids exactly are you guys talking about?

We are talking about the kids who try to hard,the kids who would have never put on a size m but now rock it faithfully,the kids who brand hop,to what ever is the trend,the bbc fape rockers,the kids who throw up stark trak in every photo like there getting paid for it,there easy to spot,who ever is doing the whole 80's baby thing right now,thats them,the 991 rockas,with an ed hardy shirt,the sponge bob square pants jordan rockers,the "im fresh duh" kids,the kids who buy shoes just because there bright,(off topic but that crazy wear shit is garbege)the kids who see something on a video and have to go and get it,i heard a convo with some kids getting upset because they couldnt find the gear that Lupe rocks(they were talking about false but didnt no the name)alot of them wanna be into the whole fashion thing,but i cant tell one from another,thats why this year im not going to any of the fashion shows,cause last year everyone just looked the same to me and it was boring,the girls looked the same,they all thought that they were models,the dudes either were lil wayne or pharrell.....
December 26, 2006 @ 10:38 PM
RUBYRHODSOHIP

No one is never going to find half of the stuff Lupe wears anyways, he mostly shops overseas like in Paris. Also, it ain't just kids, older people who still go to go-go shows are doing it, but they aren't as flashy, but ya should get the point. Also, when my brother went up to Philly, they dress the same way, they just "progressing" faster(cut jeans,flashy colors,blah,blah).

Remenber everything is run by go-go bands, people take and run with everything a go-go band say/do. Remenber when TOB came out with "bumjoint",everybody was on it and so on and so on. I remenber last year, no one heard of hollister,A-E, or areopostale or VANS or DC's.

WHY people think 992 gray colorway go with everything????
orange shirt,gray shoes. I still haven't got any and not planning on. I remenber when I bought some diesels(the tennis shoes, not the dress up kind), people where like "they ugly" or "look at Lupe,kick,push". I laugh and I was w/e, ya mad because ya ain't hip.

>sad razz
December 26, 2006 @ 10:39 PM
RUBYRHODSOHIP

Funny thing is, adidas, espically all white superstars(different color shoes strings) have blown up fast in 06.
December 26, 2006 @ 11:35 PM
fooG

if you think its bad in DC, peep Tysons Corner Mall. Drones everywhere, I get weird looks whenever I rock something nice/different from the norm
December 27, 2006 @ 03:26 AM
Nikecrack

I thought MinorBoy was a Jim Jones groupie... Jumping ships now I see.

We don't support "U" Street, we definitely don't support Florida Avenue. We don't support all the new "organic" cats.

Gentrification is the root of all evil, but the suburban flight of the middle class whose children think they're from the city is definitely a branch of that same tree.

Bring Back Barry!!! No one says Chocolate City anymore... Ever notice that?

Now i wonder what DC store wrote this,i pulled this from myspace,we all know who they are talking about,that uh sneakerman dude,dick riding D51 now,is the shoe game becoming the rap game,lol..........
December 27, 2006 @ 07:04 AM
ice grillz

We don't support "U" Street, we definitely don't support Florida Avenue. We don't support all the new "organic" cats.

Gentrification is the root of all evil, but the suburban flight of the middle class whose children think they're from the city is definitely a branch of that same tree.

Now i wonder what DC store wrote this,i pulled this from myspace,we all know who they are talking about,that uh sneakerman dude,dick riding D51 now,is the shoe game becoming the rap game,lol..........

LOL.

TOP $$$ FOR - SUPREME ROSARY TEE/CREWNECK SIZE MED.

December 27, 2006 @ 10:16 AM
RUBYRHODSOHIP

Well, take a trip to Landova, Seat P.(kings square),kentland,palmer park,suitland, forest creek,cap. heights, glassmanor, marlow heights/hilcrest heights, certain parts of oxon hill, certain parts of blandensburg/riverdale/Langely Park and other spanish villages,etc. You might as well call these places that are like 5 mins away from the city, THE CITY.

Places like upper marlboro, laurel, ft. washington(yes those wannabe's who get no rep), bowie, and other other outer branches of the county.

And how can you support Florida Ave, it is a long street/ave that runs into a whole rack of hoods. Plus, remenber, when DC started closing down projects and rising house value to bring back the white, where did the people go???
To mostly those places I just named in PG.

SneakerDanMan or w/e, he from beltsville(before the spanish people came) and went to some high school,umm Paint Branch(before spanish took it over) .(myspace tells to much). So yeah, he aint from DC.

>sad razz
December 27, 2006 @ 11:18 AM
focus

if you think its bad in DC, peep Tysons Corner Mall. Drones everywhere, I get weird looks whenever I rock something nice/different from the norm

I know. It's worst in Springfield since they have fapes stores everywhere printed on fruit of the loom.
December 27, 2006 @ 12:04 PM
neonecko

I know. It's worst in Springfield since they have fapes stores everywhere printed on fruit of the loom.

haha, I was there yesterday, and the amount of fakes is ridiculous! I can't believe they get away with that. I saw fake chain gang hoodys, fake bloody money hoodys, fake bapes. those people should be stabbed.
December 27, 2006 @ 12:16 PM
Mr.BrightSide

When they say flordia ave.they mean cmonwealth,and when they talk about dick riding kids from outside of DC trying to come in and clame it,there talking about wale and his crew,i had a long convo with a good freind of mine who is known in dc,and md,and he was heated had all of a sudden wale is this gogo king when the ***** never been to a gogo until now,he knew wale back in the day when he was working at dtlr,and he says that he has a problem with his freinds because they let the shoe shit go to there head,wale is from a far off place in Md,which i not to mention,but on his songs he dosent rep where he is from really,and i live in forestville,and alot of people had a problem with him saying "forest creek what up" when they have never seen him or his freinds around there,but all of those kids could never play gangsta,and like my man Underdog said, fuck a rapper trying to put us on the map events are what should bring our culture 2ghter......
December 27, 2006 @ 03:05 PM
RUBYRHODSOHIP

Brightside, you must be referring to the song "uptown roamers". Yeah, he did say forest creek what up, but I don't think he was trying to rep them, just putting different hoods out there. He said a few other lil hoods on that song(such as lincoln heights,barry farms, sursum cordas, montana ave.,etc(DC mostly), he just throwin them out like there similar to what go-go bands do. I seen his vid for the song, and they showed addison rd. in cap. heights or "admore", I think he might be from there, don't know.

Plus, people made Wale seem like a gogo king because of the singles he decided to put out. He wanted to rep his region by adding some gogo beats in the back, which came out to be a success for him. His mixtape only has 3 gogo songs out of the whole track, so trying to call him a "gogo king" whould be just hating on him. Lyrically, he ain't a bad rapper, compare him with Tabi's "put me in the pocket." Wale can kill him any day, even thought TAbi Bonney ain't bad, not as good as Wale.

Young People do take this "hood" thing to the head, after a while when you get older, you can easily get out of it, ain't like no real "gang".But, yeah, I did think he made a mistake by throwing out "DC" so much, he only lived there until like the 2nd grade, he should of be like "yeah i from PG, but im ALSO reppin DC, becuase without PG it wouldnt be DC." Then again Wale could of done something dumb, like only rep MD/PG, but instead, he says in one of his songs that he reps VA/DC/MD.

Brightside, question, cmonwealth is supposed to be located on florida ave for real???

>sad razz
December 27, 2006 @ 03:48 PM
Mr.BrightSide

Brightside, you must be referring to the song "uptown roamers". Yeah, he did say forest creek what up, but I don't think he was trying to rep them, just putting different hoods out there. He said a few other lil hoods on that song(such as lincoln heights,barry farms, sursum cordas, montana ave.,etc(DC mostly), he just throwin them out like there similar to what go-go bands do. I seen his vid for the song, and they showed addison rd. in cap. heights or "admore", I think he might be from there, don't know.

Plus, people made Wale seem like a gogo king because of the singles he decided to put out. He wanted to rep his region by adding some gogo beats in the back, which came out to be a success for him. His mixtape only has 3 gogo songs out of the whole track, so trying to call him a "gogo king" whould be just hating on him. Lyrically, he ain't a bad rapper, compare him with Tabi's "put me in the pocket." Wale can kill him any day, even thought TAbi Bonney ain't bad, not as good as Wale.

Young People do take this "hood" thing to the head, after a while when you get older, you can easily get out of it, ain't like no real "gang".But, yeah, I did think he made a mistake by throwing out "DC" so much, he only lived there until like the 2nd grade, he should of be like "yeah i from PG, but im ALSO reppin DC, becuase without PG it wouldnt be DC." Then again Wale could of done something dumb, like only rep MD/PG, but instead, he says in one of his songs that he reps VA/DC/MD.

Brightside, question, cmonwealth is supposed to be located on florida ave for real???

>sad razz

Yeah flordia ave......
December 27, 2006 @ 03:54 PM
donkeyznkicks

BTW it will be open tomorrow. Oh yea they got the Seafoams too..........

peace

Yeah flordia ave......
December 27, 2006 @ 03:55 PM
ice grillz

are they really opening tomorrow?

why didn't i get an email or anything?

December 27, 2006 @ 03:58 PM
ice grillz

haha, I was there yesterday, and the amount of fakes is ridiculous! I can't believe they get away with that. I saw fake chain gang hoodys, fake bloody money hoodys, fake bapes. those people should be stabbed.

why didn't you tell me? i was working yesterday.

and btw, did you hear about the stabbing in springfield mall?

also, there was minor fire inside macy's today.

springfield mall is shady.

December 27, 2006 @ 04:17 PM
RUBYRHODSOHIP

Just seen the stabbing in Springfield mall on the news, no offense for the spanish people, but I thought is was going to have do with MS-13 or something....

Yeah, a lot of stuff (crime-wise) is starting to spark up around the metro area. Bad place for cmonwealth to be on florida ave, but I would love to see it.
>sad razz
December 27, 2006 @ 04:19 PM
donkeyznkicks

Just seen the stabbing in Springfield mall on the news, no offense for the spanish people, but I thought is was going to have do with MS-13 or something....

Yeah, a lot of stuff (crime-wise) is starting to spark up around the metro area. Bad place for cmonwealth to be on florida ave, but I would love to see it.
>sad razz

I just stopped by and the place is pretty much on the corner of 18th and Florida. They have about 4 brand new store spaces there where there store is so its not a bad spot plus some parking on the street was available. Store looks pretty nice.
December 27, 2006 @ 04:26 PM
ice grillz

>sad razz

florida ave is not the SE DC. it's a nice location.
other than yuppies getting drunk on friday nights throwing jumbo slices around, it's pretty safe.

donkey, is commonwealth opening up tomorrow or were you BS'ng?

December 27, 2006 @ 04:27 PM
Mr.BrightSide

I just recived shmack,and L&D spring look books,there both on point ima post it soon in the shopping thread......
December 27, 2006 @ 04:27 PM
ice grillz

if you are talking about the dino split hoodies, they are already out.

December 27, 2006 @ 04:30 PM
Mr.BrightSide

yo
December 27, 2006 @ 04:31 PM
Mr.BrightSide

if you are talking about the dino split hoodies, they are already out.

There in the look book as well but it's way more than that.....
December 27, 2006 @ 04:37 PM
Mr.BrightSide

And ice i got some send help laces,there kind of warn but whats up.....
December 27, 2006 @ 05:51 PM
neonecko

why didn't you tell me? i was working yesterday.

and btw, did you hear about the stabbing in springfield mall?

also, there was minor fire inside macy's today.

springfield mall is shady.

LOL! I didn't know you worked at Springfield mall. Thats pretty damn random haha, oh well, okay. I guess I'll just meet you up tommorow at elite.

Please login first to reply.