March 19, 2009 @ 03:18 PM
deep

You girls trying to pick me up? HAHA
Haven't looked at this thread since Tuesday what's up?

haha, dude, you're OD'n.
where you located?
March 19, 2009 @ 08:25 PM
deep

NoVA livin' in a box off of Rt. 1.

word homie. i got me a walmart cart rollin on 4s. you know how i do. you near commonwealth norfolk?

edit: also, MAJORDC did get the campus pack. haha.
March 20, 2009 @ 12:10 AM
thakidofva

NoVA livin' in a box off of Rt. 1.

past fredricksburg??
March 20, 2009 @ 12:20 PM
deep

Nowhere near Norfolk, like I said in my other post Northern VA smile
And yes I'm well aware that Major got the HOP Campus as I was the only one there buying them up (thus my comment) haha.

haha. i got them fool! but i phone ordered. i thought you meant norfolk haha. are you near alexandria?
March 22, 2009 @ 02:03 PM
modernmischief

What the fuck Up Against The Wall in virginia center commons closed damn now i have no reason to go to the mall besides for fitteds and taking a girl outsad
March 22, 2009 @ 03:03 PM
estoybien

I'm going down to DC next week for a school trip. Are there any places worth hitting up near the GWU campus? Or spots that are easily accessible for a HS kid hahah.
March 22, 2009 @ 03:19 PM
ice grillz

I'm going down to DC next week for a school trip. Are there any places worth hitting up near the GWU campus? Or spots that are easily accessible for a HS kid hahah.

Green line to Howard U.

TOP $$$ FOR - SUPREME ROSARY TEE/CREWNECK SIZE MED.

March 22, 2009 @ 03:22 PM
thakidofva

What the fuck Up Against The Wall in virginia center commons closed damn now i have no reason to go to the mall besides for fitteds and taking a girl outsad

wow damn that sucks.... i havent been there in about a year.
March 22, 2009 @ 04:13 PM
deep

place was wack anyways.
March 22, 2009 @ 04:57 PM
estoybien

Green line to Howard U.

Howard is the HBC? right? What's worth going to there?

edit: that could've sounded racist lol, didn't mean it like that
March 22, 2009 @ 05:01 PM
BEYond

New to Hypebeast
Hey guys,

Im new to hypebeast but I have always had a strong desire to open my own apparel and sneaker shop. Why men? I think its important for men to dress well and I want to contribute. Anybody from RICHMOND wanna give input into some brands that the 804 doesnt have but need or want? Nothing you can get out of DTLR please! Thanks
March 22, 2009 @ 05:21 PM
deep

Hey guys,

Im new to hypebeast but I have always had a strong desire to open my own apparel and sneaker shop. Why men? I think its important for men to dress well and I want to contribute. Anybody from RICHMOND wanna give input into some brands that the 804 doesnt have but need or want? Nothing you can get out of DTLR please! Thanks

Comme de Garcons, Billionare Boys Club, HUF, Play Cloths, UNDFTD, A Bathing Ape.
March 22, 2009 @ 05:40 PM
BEYond

Comme de Garcons, Billionare Boys Club, HUF, Play Cloths, UNDFTD, A Bathing Ape.

Thhanks, I will keep that in mind. I do want to support our VA brands. Im not sure how I feel about Bathing Ape, but I will see where they are headed in the next 2 years.

Anyone else?
March 22, 2009 @ 06:11 PM
BEYond

There are too many shops as it is, save your time and money.

In Richmond? or period? I don't think there is any place that is convenient enough and I think its an opportunity to bring Richmond some culture and diversity.
March 22, 2009 @ 06:41 PM
deep

There are too many shops as it is, save your time and money.

nooooo, we need more stores. there is only one actually good one. and that's hospitality. fuck FTWRK. fuck H.E.N.R.Y. (even though DJ Long john throws amazing dance parties)
March 22, 2009 @ 06:47 PM
BEYond

nooooo, we need more stores. there is only one actually good one. and that's hospitality. fuck FTWRK. fuck H.E.N.R.Y. (even though DJ Long john throws amazing dance parties)

Tell me what you feel is missing from these stores...
March 22, 2009 @ 07:18 PM
deep

Tell me what you feel is missing from these stores...

good brands.
March 23, 2009 @ 08:52 AM
BEYond

good brands.

lol specifically...i dont want ric lagging behind thinking dtlr is the only place to get stuff.
March 23, 2009 @ 09:48 AM
deep

lol specifically...i dont want ric lagging behind thinking dtlr is the only place to get stuff.

dtlr is useless. it makes people think that coogi and roca wear is streetwear. richmond needs more high fasion brands. a must have is Supreme. no stores sell supreme.

do you have to have a business liscense to open your own shop? cause if not i'll start one. or if you do have to have one, i'll be co founder with you. richmond needs culture man.
March 23, 2009 @ 09:52 AM
BEYond

dtlr is useless. it makes people think that coogi and roca wear is streetwear. richmond needs more high fasion brands. a must have is Supreme. no stores sell supreme.

do you have to have a business liscense to open your own shop? cause if not i'll start one. or if you do have to have one, i'll be co founder with you. richmond needs culture man.

I think that is something we could discuss. I wanted it to be family oriented but I do need someone who has a lot more knowledge on these type of things and the passion that I have. What is your email address? Maybe we can have a sit down when I come down in April.
March 23, 2009 @ 09:53 AM
deep

I think that is something we could discuss. I wanted it to be family oriented but I do need someone who has a lot more knowledge on these type of things and the passion that I have. What is your email address? Maybe we can have a sit down when I come down in April.

pm'd.
March 23, 2009 @ 12:46 PM
deep

I don't understand the plan to spend your $$$ to "bring Richmond some culture and diversity" when you're not even familiar with brands that people might be interested in purchasing, sure you're not an Up Against The Wall buyer trying to get some ideas?

that's why he asked what brands people would like in this forum.
March 23, 2009 @ 04:34 PM
deep

If you want to offer up your opinions on the brands you want feel free, personally it doesn't sound too well thought out to me.

aight.
March 23, 2009 @ 11:17 PM
BEYond

I don't understand the plan to spend your $$$ to "bring Richmond some culture and diversity" when you're not even familiar with brands that people might be interested in purchasing, sure you're not an Up Against The Wall buyer trying to get some ideas?

Actually, Im just getting the people's opinion. I know what I want to bring to the area but it would only make sense to find out what potential customers and clientele would want. And I am a girl, I dont wear clothes from up against the wall. I dont wear urbanwear either. I have always had a passion for working with mens clothes and dressing men because I have brothers and exs who all have a fashion sense.
But I value your opinion. It only makes me want to do it even more smile
March 23, 2009 @ 11:19 PM
BEYond

If you want to offer up your opinions on the brands you want feel free, personally it doesn't sound too well thought out to me.

Its a work in progress sweetheart. I dont plan on opening a store tomorrow lol. It will be a structured and well crafted plan when Im done. Thanks smile
March 24, 2009 @ 09:01 AM
BEYond

Sure it will be, let me know when the grand opening is.
What brands do YOU plan on carrying then?
Sorry I'm not willing to offer you free market research.

lol, wow your hilarious. Well I do have a few brands in mind but since I will be researching and networking for a while I havent narrowed it down. And I dont scratch your back if you wont scratch mine. Its always good to see negativity in the forums, I love it.
March 24, 2009 @ 07:07 PM
BEYond

It's not negativity it's REALITY.
Your post has been made 1,000 times and it's almost always talk, it would've made sense when business was good but that didn't help a couple of places (remember Kickballers or Aform? If not you need to do more research). If you had the connections to obtain accounts that nobody else has then you wouldn't be attempting to get free advice.
Duck tales, I love it.

No I understand what you are saying. Many people never follow through with they want to do do and i get that. But you cant knock me for trying. Im from Richmond but I havent lived their for many years now so Im asking because Im not there to see the changes Richmond goes through. I am moving back in late 2010 so I have plenty of time to research Richmond and the trials and tribulations it has faces. But like you said it maybe not be a need for what I want to do right now, but there will be one.

I just know that when i come home, people have the same stuff on and I get tired of it. I get tired of seeing just LRG, Rocawear, and Black Label (no offense because I like the brand). If i dont try, Im not going to be happy, and if it doesnt work out, its ok because this wont break me.I know what I want to do, but i also want to supply something Richmonders want to see and if I like it I will supply it.
March 25, 2009 @ 03:58 PM
BEYond

So are you looking at low to mid priced streetwear brands that don't fall under the "urbanwear" category of the brands you mentioned? Strictly high-end brands? Both?

Both really. Depends on the brand, the quality, and whether its worth the price. I want to start off with tees, hoodies, jackets, and work my way into jeans bc I'm looking for a brand that is classic and affordable, being under 100 bucks, other than levis, which are great for the price. Its a lot I need to consider bc I want to appeal to the customers as well as have something I'm happy to sell in my store and what I feel makes men look put together.
March 25, 2009 @ 09:24 PM
deep

is anyone even pissed Toads's Place closed down?
March 26, 2009 @ 07:59 PM
thepaintedbird

is anyone even pissed Toads's Place closed down?

No because it's just a new owner, same place and shows.

Please login first to reply.