Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
June 3, 2007 @ 04:38 PM
goatfacekillah

i'm on my way down to NYC for the Rock The Bells concert at the end of July (oh baby!) and this is my first time in NYC, so i'm gonna be doing a bunch of stuff.

My Touristy stuff:
Central Park (during the day, of course)
Yankees Game
Statue of Liberty
Time Square

not gonna do broadway or empire state building

gonna go shopping (got a shop guide)

what i need is

a) a guide to the subway station.
b) if any of you guys know about cheap hotels (in safe areas), then please to be helping out
looking to stay 4 or 5 nights

also, if you can add to that touristy list
or if you can think of other things to do
then by all means
lemme know

i want a dope trip
on a reasonable budget

also, my friends and i are party-ers
so we'd want to be out at night a lot
so i stress the "Safe" places
June 3, 2007 @ 05:26 PM
owensA

I'm from Philly so I can't much help ya 2 much but...

I'm not sure where you're from but New York is one of the safest cities in America (it ranks as safest large city in the US). Although there are unsafe areas, I highly doubt that there are many hotels in the ghetto so I don't think you'll have a problem regarding safety unless you make ur self a target (so don't end up drunk, walking around the South bronx with a couple hundred bills in your fists at 3 AM). New York isn't half as dangerous as rappers will have you believe, so relax and I'm sure you'll end up having a good, safe time.

For cheap hotels maybe check out wikitravel.org (it's a wikipedia travel guide jawn). Look up New York City and there should be a hotel guide split into pricing sub groups I think under the Sleep section.

As for the subway, do u mean u need a map of the subway system? I'm sure you can grab one at your hotel or the subway station or you could always just print one offline.

I'm going to Rock the Bells too (the 29th show, not 28th) and can't wait. But I'm not gonna see The Roots (who are ridiculous live btw) cuz they're only playing hte 28th show sad
June 3, 2007 @ 06:51 PM
Response

i'm on my way down to NYC for the Rock The Bells concert at the end of July (oh baby!) and this is my first time in NYC, so i'm gonna be doing a bunch of stuff.

My Touristy stuff:
Central Park (during the day, of course)
Yankees Game
Statue of Liberty
Time Square

not gonna do broadway or empire state building

gonna go shopping (got a shop guide)

what i need is

a) a guide to the subway station.
b) if any of you guys know about cheap hotels (in safe areas), then please to be helping out
looking to stay 4 or 5 nights

also, if you can add to that touristy list
or if you can think of other things to do
then by all means
lemme know

i want a dope trip
on a reasonable budget

also, my friends and i are party-ers
so we'd want to be out at night a lot
so i stress the "Safe" places

The Milford Plaza which is on 45th and 8 ave. and pretty cheap.....

www.milfordplaza.com/

and also check www.expedia.com and see how much the prices for the milford are there.
June 3, 2007 @ 10:44 PM
creep3

I just got back from a trip to new york in march. We stayed in manhattan at a red roof inn in korea town. The room was perfect and pretty much in the center of manhattan. We were able to walk almost everywhere. From soho to central park and the lower east side. Everything was in walking distance, but we still tooks the subway a few times. As far as s subway guide goes. We got one in the subway but i can not really recall where or how.
June 4, 2007 @ 09:58 AM
goatfacekillah

thanks guys
i'll check out the sites provided

and owensA, i'm goin on the 29th also
i don't mind that i'm missing the Roots, i've seen the live 3 times so i don't really care
i'm upset about missing EPMD, but in the end, there's a better line up on the 29th
June 4, 2007 @ 10:22 AM
goatfacekillah

as an update
i checked out The Milford Plaza
its still a little more then i'm willing to spend each night
this is gonna be a budget trip

i was looking at hotels on the border of NJ/NYC
would anybody recommend those?
They're a lot cheaper (a howard johnson is like $90/night, hilton newark is $96/night)
and it says its like 10 miles from Manhatten
so i figure i can jump on a subway and go from there

any ideas? should i do that?
June 5, 2007 @ 01:29 AM
Response

THIS HOTEL IS PRETTY CHEAP AND LITERALLY FEET FROM THE HOLLAND TUNNEL ON THE JERSEY SIDE.

THEY HAVE A FREE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST AND SECURE ROOMS. CHECK OUT THEIR WEBSITE AND WHILE YOU ARE AT IT CHECK THE TRIP ADVISOR WEBSITE. TRIP ADVISOR WEBSITE. YOU TYPE IN WHICH HOTEL/CITY YOU WANT TO STAY IN AND YOU CAN READ USER REVIEWS AND SEE USERS PICTURES....HERE I WILL MAKE IT EASY FOR YOU.

www.hollandmotorlodge.com/

www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g46531-d496569-Reviews-Holland_Motor_Lodge-Jersey_City_New_Jersey.html

**MAKE SURE YOU CLICK ON CANDID TRAVELER PHOTOS TO SEE UN-BIASED REVIEWS.....** YOU CAN LITERALLY CHECK OUT ANYHOTEL ROOM.

GOOD LUCK AND LET ME KNOW HOW MUCH U ARE WILLING TO SPEND A NIGHT ON A HOTEL..I'LL TRY AND LOOK FOR HOTELS FOR U.

PEACE

JAVIER
June 5, 2007 @ 02:48 PM
goatfacekillah

thanks Response
that's a definite possibility
and that's around the price i want to spend (90 - 120 /night)
June 5, 2007 @ 03:31 PM
trailsofhearts

Check out the Gershwin www.gershwinhotel.com

It's cheap and "cool"

and next to the museum of sex

Please login first to reply.