April 03, 2010 @ 14:38:10
That wasn't meant to be an attack on you guys. I was going off of a legit time when I saw some Supras with the price different. You guys actually later on did have the shoes for the same price due to a sale. So i wasnt trying to bash you guys.

Just fact is, skate shops usually are cheaper, really dont care how, really dont care why, but I remember going to Eastern Boarder when I was in central mass and picking up decent shoes, including Nike Sb's for $30-40 and then picking up some etnies for my girl at the time for $20.

It just doesnt get better than that, you go to some stores and even if they are going out of business they still wont give you deals like that.

Skate shops just seem more in tuned with what the buyer, atleast when i use to visit them frequently.

I think more stores just need to realize if you sell 500 items at $20 a piece as compared to 200 at $40, sure it has be economical and what not, but a lot of times stores are only about the bottomline and dont realize, selling more items at a lower profit margin in the long run can have a larger impact.

No shots/insult taken homie.

(And no insult to your intelligence if you already know this, but) Just to further explain it a little...and this is generally speaking...every store pays the same price wholesale (as long as it is a direct account) for the same item and marks it up, generally speaking, 50%.

Our Supras are always at the suggested MSRP on release. smokeyface

(and trust me Supra does not want to see their product sold for less than that universally speaking and regardless of what type of account the store is - skate/street/urban/etc)

DiamondSupplyCo.com || @DennisTodisco on everything

April 03, 2010 @ 22:26:27
No shots/insult taken homie.

(And no insult to your intelligence if you already know this, but) Just to further explain it a little...and this is generally speaking...every store pays the same price wholesale (as long as it is a direct account) for the same item and marks it up, generally speaking, 50%.

Our Supras are always at the suggested MSRP on release. smokeyface

(and trust me Supra does not want to see their product sold for less than that universally speaking and regardless of what type of account the store is - skate/street/urban/etc)

Nah, I understand the whole setup and even at one point in my life had to handle some of those aspects for a shop.

But now that I don't have to do that and I'm just a customer, my bottomline has changed to, getting the best deal.

Most of the time, when I did pickup from Eastern Boarder for low prices it was their clearance, so these shoes sometimes could have been upto a year old if they were sitting at their warehouse long enough. Which is why they sold them so cheap, to just get rid of em.

My point in general, was the fact that skate shops as compared to other stores, dont seem like just a store front. Where you go in to get shoes or clothes. Usually, it is more, like discussing skating, which leads to other bullshit.

I guess (Karmaloop and others) are at a disadvantage, due to the fact that, most of the customers are only there to buy clothes and shoes. They aren't there to chat it up and then go for a skate session or something with the worker after. Which in turn takes away an aspect for us locals. Just random thoughts, i always critique business' and what can be done.

But back to some clothing, any shops getting some hot summer clothes? Like light/nice button ups, shorts etc. If so when, i want to hit up a couple shops in one day this week.
April 04, 2010 @ 12:19:51
Who are some of the best Tatt artist in Boston area? anyone know
April 06, 2010 @ 19:26:19
Yo, who got in/is getting the Spring 2010 Vans Vault Taka Hayashi joints?

Also Mike Shea at Redemption on Mass Ave in Cambridge (right by the Somerville line) holds it down for ink.
April 08, 2010 @ 01:10:10
I guess (Karmaloop and others) are at a disadvantage, due to the fact that, most of the customers are only there to buy clothes and shoes. They aren't there to chat it up and then go for a skate session or something with the worker after. Which in turn takes away an aspect for us locals. Just random thoughts, i always critique business' and what can be done.

Quite the contrary. Most of our staff skates, some of them are actually mad talented, and everyone in there is mad chill. I know plenty of customers who just go in there to kick it. I think you need to go back in and chop it up with the homies...ask for Luke or Brian or Kobe.

Sidenote: if anybody came through to meet up with the Bad Rabbits or Yelawolf last week or just was in there to grab a brew and some pizza...we uploaded all the pics on Facebook. Feel free to tag yourself: http://www.facebook.com/Karmaloop?v=photos#!/album.php?aid=160606&id=6560321844

April 12, 2010 @ 23:44:05
Yo, who got in/is getting the Spring 2010 Vans Vault Taka Hayashi joints?

Anyone?

Also, same question Spring 2010 Black Scale.
April 14, 2010 @ 09:23:50
To everyone that has hit me up about the Skunk SB High's, yes Concepts will be getting them. Not really much I can do to hold those that asked for a pair down though. We will be dropping them on 4/20.
April 14, 2010 @ 23:22:12
To everyone that has hit me up about the Skunk SB High's, yes Concepts will be getting them. Not really much I can do to hold those that asked for a pair down though. We will be dropping them on 4/20.

If those sell out quick on the first day, I will be surprised. They are butt ugly shoes and that money could be better spent on something else, especially on 4/20.
April 15, 2010 @ 07:06:19
^^ Drifter, I am not a huge fan of the shoe either, but I can tell you that it is going to sell out day one. There is a pretty big buzz for these right now. I would be shocked if everywhere didnt sell out day one. All the burger flippers should be out trying to snatch up extra pairs.
April 15, 2010 @ 11:44:33
^^ Drifter, I am not a huge fan of the shoe either, but I can tell you that it is going to sell out day one. There is a pretty big buzz for these right now. I would be shocked if everywhere didnt sell out day one. All the burger flippers should be out trying to snatch up extra pairs.

Eh, idk, I think partially what causes the buzz is you stating that and us talking about it. It's kind of like Sarah Palin, if all her haters just stfu about her and ignored her, she'd be nothing but an airhead from Alaska.

But if people like it, then thats cool.

Whats good with those Limited Ray-bans they look nice, what are they $250 a pair?
April 15, 2010 @ 12:55:49
Trust me I dont like to hype anything up. It only makes my job tougher. The shoes I love the most are the sleepers that come in and end up selling like crazy without the hype. Like are yall up on those Crocs for cool kids yet? They are called Native and they are basically Crocs that are modeled to look like Converse and/or Vans. Literally the hottest seller we have in the shop right now. Absolutely flying off the shelves.

The Ray Bans are dope. They are actually like 400.00 retail. I think we only have like one or two pairs left though, they have been moving.
April 16, 2010 @ 10:07:32
Trust me I dont like to hype anything up. It only makes my job tougher. The shoes I love the most are the sleepers that come in and end up selling like crazy without the hype. Like are yall up on those Crocs for cool kids yet? They are called Native and they are basically Crocs that are modeled to look like Converse and/or Vans. Literally the hottest seller we have in the shop right now. Absolutely flying off the shelves.

The Ray Bans are dope. They are actually like 400.00 retail. I think we only have like one or two pairs left though, they have been moving.

I just checked those Native shoes out, they are much better than Crocs...but still i dont understand Crocs, too much plastic and for sure don't think dudes under 30 should be wearing em.

Not to make this thread all about Concepts, but whats good with the fitteds? I remember months ago trying to get a fitted(Blac/gold) (Blue) etc. but every one i liked was out of my size, did you guys reup yet. it was just the simple scripture fitted.
April 18, 2010 @ 09:12:17
Drifter, PM me your size and I will be sure to put a few aside for you. Hats are our number one sellers. Sizes get scarce quick. Should be dropping a new fit in the next week or so.
April 18, 2010 @ 18:23:52
Yo Boston I got a pair of sz. 10.5 infared 90's kinda beat but not really. I tried selling them on ebay but the dude never sent me the money. I'd sell them for mad cheap in person but I need the money by Tuesday.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130378918847&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT
April 19, 2010 @ 14:31:18
no good heavy white t spots in boston?

also check the sig for some shit I have to sell, everything is priced to ship so i'll take $15 off for meetup.
April 20, 2010 @ 06:56:41
Heavy white t's? Are you talking about like Pro Clubs and shit? If so I would say order them direct from their site for like 40.00 a dozen (or so). All the hood spots out here got white t's but most of those are a one and done.

I messed with the Footlocker white v-necks last summer heavy. A lot of people dont like the fit, but I am a big dude so it worked for me.

Deon Point and Frank the Butcher got the sleeper spot for white v-necks. Even though I am hating that they dont make big boy sizes I am not going to blow their spot.
April 20, 2010 @ 10:06:31
As far as crew neck white tee's I think Calvin Klein has the best quality. The ck v-necks are a whole different story, I ain't trying to walk around with the point on the v touching my stomach. I'm still on the hunt for some good quality v necks myself any suggestions?
April 20, 2010 @ 13:28:44
kirkland

April 21, 2010 @ 18:55:21
i fucks with the alfani vnecks
April 21, 2010 @ 19:29:03
maaaaan gimmie some hanes vnecks & im good

:lol:

chedda: ya'll stilll have those skunk SB's ??
April 22, 2010 @ 06:54:24
Skunks were gone in minutes.
April 22, 2010 @ 15:39:19
smh

dammit.....
April 22, 2010 @ 17:01:20
chedda, you got any good sbs in right now?
mids and lows.
April 23, 2010 @ 07:04:24
We got a gang of stuff man... Too much to list. If there is something specific you are looking for let me know.
April 23, 2010 @ 08:13:08
lookin' for a pair of batmans and appetites.
April 23, 2010 @ 11:23:23
Sorry man those are long gone. I wish we could still get Batmans... That and the Spiderman might have been our best sellers for 2009, no B.S.

Have you been to the shop? If not stop in tomorrow and say what up.
April 23, 2010 @ 11:37:20
tried goin' once, ended up bein' lost. lol.
could you name a few off the top of your head that you know you have?
I'll see if I can stop by tomorrow.
April 26, 2010 @ 05:20:18
yo, i'm trying to take my girl out to dinner this week..anyone know of a nice organic (but not necessarily vegan) type place I can take her to in the city?

shes sort of a hippy, she's into really off the wall type shit so i'm trying to find somewhere sort of unique..

any help would be cool
April 26, 2010 @ 15:36:15
try uburger.
my sister tried it out with her boyfriend, and she says they have a lot of organic stuff.
April 27, 2010 @ 12:07:34
anyone in boston interested in copping some VNDS worn 1x space jams? Price is reasonable, and I'm willing to do meetups. PM me if interested in pics or more details.
Please login first to reply.
x