December 21, 2009 @ 21:26:00
Boston in Hibernation? Any sales coming up? Did True East close?

More like dead, better off visiting New York on weekends.
December 22, 2009 @ 07:27:06
^^^ Kids are back on that visit NY stuff again? Unless you are going for Supreme then you are waisting a trip. There is nothing you can get in NY that you cant get in Boston right now shopping wise. If you are talking about going to NY for the nightlife that a different story.

Things have slowed down in general sneaker wise, right now. I think this is the calm before the Space Jam storm. Well calm for some shops, we have been smashing our Sorel....
December 22, 2009 @ 14:20:10
^^^ Kids are back on that visit NY stuff again? Unless you are going for Supreme then you are waisting a trip. There is nothing you can get in NY that you cant get in Boston right now shopping wise. If you are talking about going to NY for the nightlife that a different story.

Things have slowed down in general sneaker wise, right now. I think this is the calm before the Space Jam storm. Well calm for some shops, we have been smashing our Sorel....

Supreme? haha sorry i dont pay for overpriced garbage (budweiser shirt really? lost respect after that)

And really Boston has the same stuff everywhere else has to offer? Then damn, streetwear must officially be dead, thank god i'm not one dimensional and actually shop at numerous other places.

But again i find that hard to believe considering some major brands, like Diamond for instance can not be found in any Boston shops, yet Eastern Boarder carried/carries(havent been in a year) it. And brands like Diamond seem to be the only streetwear brands actually breaking new grounds and putting out quality stuff.

Fact is, I've gone into Concepts, Bodega and even Laced numerous times and left with nothing. Sometimes due to not having my size and such so not always because i dont want anything. This was not the case before, I'd even go into Karmaloop before, a few years ago and always left with a ton of gear.

Granted, the slowness cannot only be blamed on the shops, since they dont create the merchandise, but thats how it is and when customers become restless, they go elsewhere.
December 22, 2009 @ 17:58:53

Thank you man, I have preaching this for a while now. There's not much in NY that you can't get in Boston.
December 22, 2009 @ 20:40:14
Thank you man, I have preaching this for a while now. There's not much in NY that you can't get in Boston.

Co-Sign.
December 22, 2009 @ 20:40:24

Again maybe from a streetwear perspective, although: Bape, numerous small skate shops, supreme, FlightClub, etc. are stationed there. And countless other shops including sometimes popup shops like the Diamond pop-up shop currently open.

It just seems a little naive to think that a city as big as NY wouldn't offer even a little bit more than a city like Boston, with less than 1 million residents, let alone way less street shops.

I'm not trying to knock boston, but the way you guys make it seem is like New York would be as dead as Boston is right now. This time last year I remember a lot of stuff popping off and just everything flowing.

I dont see that in new york, instead i see myself being able to have fun in the city while picking up some streetwear gear and then going next door and picking up some more upscale designer gear. and please dont bring up newbury, shits overpriced joke.
December 23, 2009 @ 06:31:07
Driftwood, I really appreciate you taking the time to lay it all out there like that. All jokes aside though you have yet to really make your case. You mentioned the shops that are stationed in New York like Supreme, and Flight Club, both of which sell online so there is no reason to travel to get it. You talk about overpriced a few times, factor in the cost of travel into your purchase and really thinkg about what that shoe, shirt, bag, hat or whatever is REALLY costing you. What is your time worth? I know in 3 hours I can make a few bucks instead of sitting idle on a bus, train, plane, or car. Real talk. I dont know who carries Diamond currently in Boston, I know we carried it and kind of moved on. It did well for us but as our customer grows, so do we. Nothing against the company, I actually dig a lot of their stuff, but I honestly cant tell you the last time a person walked into Concepts and asked if we carried it. I might be tripping but I am almost certain that Karmaloop still carries Diamond. Denn!s could tell you better than I though.

As far as streetwear and highend items I have to say you are bugging. I think Boston is pretty loaded right now. For real though if you are up on some new brands that you can only get in NY let me know. I would love to pass this up the chain and try to give them a presence in Boston.
December 23, 2009 @ 06:35:04
cncpts dropping the sjs today or saturday?
December 23, 2009 @ 11:45:14
Driftwood, I really appreciate you taking the time to lay it all out there like that. All jokes aside though you have yet to really make your case. You mentioned the shops that are stationed in New York like Supreme, and Flight Club, both of which sell online so there is no reason to travel to get it. You talk about overpriced a few times, factor in the cost of travel into your purchase and really thinkg about what that shoe, shirt, bag, hat or whatever is REALLY costing you. What is your time worth? I know in 3 hours I can make a few bucks instead of sitting idle on a bus, train, plane, or car. Real talk. I dont know who carries Diamond currently in Boston, I know we carried it and kind of moved on. It did well for us but as our customer grows, so do we. Nothing against the company, I actually dig a lot of their stuff, but I honestly cant tell you the last time a person walked into Concepts and asked if we carried it. I might be tripping but I am almost certain that Karmaloop still carries Diamond. Denn!s could tell you better than I though.

As far as streetwear and highend items I have to say you are bugging. I think Boston is pretty loaded right now. For real though if you are up on some new brands that you can only get in NY let me know. I would love to pass this up the chain and try to give them a presence in Boston.

haha, you know what it's fine some of you dudes are obviously the messiahs of this game and know everything. I still stand by the fact that if someone had one Saturday in New York as compared to one Saturday in Boston, they would walk away with more gear from New York. But that's here nor there.

And in regards to Diamond Supply I'm not exactly sure what you were referring to so I won't go to hard on it. But it seems like you stated people have grown out of it, I really don't see how that would be the case when people are still camping for blue shoes called lobsters and considering half the gear in the old Concepts really is geared for high schoolers. And the high end stuff, regarding to designer and just non-streetwear gear, not sure how you'd also be a guru in that aspect but hey if you say Boston is on its game, it must be. I mean cus after newbury street theres a million other stores right? There must be.

But hey, again I'm most likely wrong, All i can say is I remember this thread popping off every other day, all the shops having the latest gear and fighting for the customers. Yet this thread has had no post in the last few months. I mean I disregard some things, like Bodega's Reebok pump, mainly cus it was the ugliest out of all the shops and then the New Balance thing, many stated there wouldnt be a line for that. So other than that there hasnt been much buzz, must be me.
December 23, 2009 @ 11:46:38

I stand by Chedda on this one. While yes, New York does have more stores - generally speaking - there isn't anything you can't order online or actually get in Boston. APC or Wings + Horns? Go to Stels. Original Fake or Neighborhood? Riccardis. Visvim or YSL or Comme des Garcons Play? Concepts. Moncler or Rag + Bone? Tannery. 10DEEP or Supra or other more core streetwear brands? Karmaloop Boston. RRL or Gucci or Louis Vuitton? Copley. And that's really just the tip of the iceberg.

The only exception is, yes, if you are actually in NY you can take advantage of pop-up shops or get the experience of being in a flagship store - which is definitely cool too. I'm not knocking NY cough *unless we are talking sports teams*. I'm there often and I think it definitely has different things & people to offer. But at the end of the day Boston is my home and I'm proud of the progress my city has made. Karmaloop could have moved a million times and been much better off in a "fashion-capital" like NY or LA, but Greg, myself and the rest of the team are loyal to the city and want to help make it a better place. We've done events with the ICA, Boston Ballet, Shephard Fairey, brought in Cudi, A-Trak, Green Lantern, Kid Sister, etc. etc...if you've been to our parties - you already know!

I seriously think Boston is under-rated and slept on in terms of fashion and what is offered here. I like the direction things are headed and I know a lot of you are contributing and help make the Bean a better place by supporting your local shops, going to these events, etc. If you don't like how things are going or want to see something better, take advantage of that void in the market you discovered and open a store, start a brand, intern for somebody. Get involved.

Let's go!

DiamondSupplyCo.com || @DennisTodisco on everything

December 23, 2009 @ 12:04:21
^^^^^ .

Smashing Dudes in my Peacoat @whereisthechill instagrm: Josephsmordernlife

December 24, 2009 @ 00:56:30
I think this shirt sums a lot of that up

http://www.karmaloop.com/products.aspx?ProductID=86504&VendorCode=SOL

December 24, 2009 @ 11:08:04
Drifty, I respect your opinion, Homeboy. Do your thing. If NY is where its at for you then thats what it is. To each is own brother man, be safe in your travels.

One last thing I would like to point out is like you said NY is this huge fashion/shopping mecca with way more shops and people than here in Boston. When you get a chance peep the front page of the United States regional forum and look at the "Replies" and "Views" section there is not another region within 2000 replies of Boston, and we have more than 100,000 more views than the next closest thread. You can take it a step further and view the other countries and you will see that Boston is shattering their numbers too. This is the number one blog in the world for this type of customer... To think that brands and shop owners dont notice these numbers and are starting to realize there is a demand out here is just foolish. I think Boston is very much up and coming. You will see more and more shops pop up and thrive. Trust me. I also think a lot of this attention is probably do in large part to the noise that Bodega, Concepts, and Karmaloop have made on the web over the past few years. Dont leave the blinders on too long and miss out on whats going on in your own backyard.
December 24, 2009 @ 11:54:15
Streets is watchin'
December 24, 2009 @ 16:55:45
Drifty, I respect your opinion, Homeboy. Do your thing. If NY is where its at for you then thats what it is. To each is own brother man, be safe in your travels.

One last thing I would like to point out is like you said NY is this huge fashion/shopping mecca with way more shops and people than here in Boston. When you get a chance peep the front page of the United States regional forum and look at the "Replies" and "Views" section there is not another region within 2000 replies of Boston, and we have more than 100,000 more views than the next closest thread. You can take it a step further and view the other countries and you will see that Boston is shattering their numbers too. This is the number one blog in the world for this type of customer... To think that brands and shop owners dont notice these numbers and are starting to realize there is a demand out here is just foolish. I think Boston is very much up and coming. You will see more and more shops pop up and thrive. Trust me. I also think a lot of this attention is probably do in large part to the noise that Bodega, Concepts, and Karmaloop have made on the web over the past few years. Dont leave the blinders on too long and miss out on whats going on in your own backyard.

I'm not saying Boston isn't up and coming. I think Boston is up and coming not only for fashion/streetwear but just in general, people are realizing it isn't a huge city but it has that small city charm. You get the feeling and aspects of being in a city while at the same time not having to share it with millions and millions of other people. And i love that.

But maybe I got a little spoiled with each shop constantly updating their inventory and new shit dropping and what not like it was the past few years. Obviously shit has to slow down and cant stay full force, and that can be shown by looking at this thread and how dead its been.

Either way, Boston has gear, I acknowledge this it's just seemed a bit restless as of late.
December 28, 2009 @ 12:49:26
Drifts, We got some new Diamond at the old store just for you. We figured it would be our holiday gift to you to save you the bus/train fair.
December 28, 2009 @ 13:40:23
Drifts, We got some new Diamond at the old store just for you. We figured it would be our holiday gift to you to save you the bus/train fair.

haha, if you're not fucking around, i'll definitely swing by.
December 29, 2009 @ 08:30:47
^^^ No joke. A few tee's and sweatshirts. Actually sold a good amount of them over the holiday weekend. So if you dont see something you like just know going forward that the bus trips are no longer needed for Diamond.

Also just an FYI its in the 11A Brattle store, not 37 Brattle
December 29, 2009 @ 11:43:11
i hope u all had a great christmas....
December 29, 2009 @ 13:58:09
likewise bro

December 29, 2009 @ 14:20:34
anyone know good stores sellin' a good variety of vans?
December 29, 2009 @ 14:32:08
We carry a pretty good range of Vans including Syndicate at Concepts.
December 29, 2009 @ 14:32:35
^^^ No joke. A few tee's and sweatshirts. Actually sold a good amount of them over the holiday weekend. So if you dont see something you like just know going forward that the bus trips are no longer needed for Diamond.

Also just an FYI its in the 11A Brattle store, not 37 Brattle

Good looks, my dude, i'll stop by once back in the states.
December 29, 2009 @ 14:54:49
anyone know good stores sellin' a good variety of vans?

yeah we also have the vans vault collection instore

January 02, 2010 @ 02:26:02
yo chedda whats up with those primo forces?
January 02, 2010 @ 03:32:45
yo chedda, how much are your prices for authentics down there.
January 02, 2010 @ 13:58:02
Primo forces will be here this week as well as the AM dunks.

Authentics are 45
January 02, 2010 @ 14:22:34
do i get a special discount? lol.
nah, im jk. i never been to concepts before but i'll hit it up as soon as i get some money.
January 02, 2010 @ 20:20:24
KarmaLoop is having a 40% off sale regular stuff and 30% off clearance i believe, i normally don't walk out of there with a lot, but unless they jacked the prices up, those discounts would have me leaving with a few bags and atleast a few shoes.

Dennis how long you guys doing the sale for? I heard Boston was getting hit with more snow this week so I switched my flight to this week, down south enjoying double digit temperatures, until Tuesday so wont be able to hit the shop up, until like Wednesday.

Also,

Nice fucking collab, i know it might partially be due to the girly, but shit looks nice, its also a change from all the uggs i see on comm ave. bitches with no style. They out of stock by now...thinking of getting a pair.
January 03, 2010 @ 01:09:20
def. gotta cop that

littlebastardco.com twitter.com/littlebastardco facebook.com/littlebastardco

Please login first to reply.
x