Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
June 18, 2009 @ 11:31 AM
airpantapas

all you have to do is google "concepts blue lobster"...more than enough info will come up.

Not the info im looking for, Im wondering about resale value only. How much is a pair of these gonna run on ebay after saturday
June 18, 2009 @ 12:34 PM
drifter

Not the info im looking for, Im wondering about resale value only. How much is a pair of these gonna run on ebay after saturday

Please explain how we would know that? If you are looking to buy, most likely be willing to spend a few bills, atleast $400, the ones on ebay, that may or may not be scams are going for atleast $450.

Last year, there were rumors of dudes buying the shoes and then immediately selling for $800 or more. Not sure if there was any truth to that or just smart sellers trying to cause a buzz.

Either way, 100 deep? God damn dude, I really hope these dudes love these shoes or are planning to make huge bank.
June 18, 2009 @ 12:35 PM
drifter

Oh and did Rob Heppler play a part in this shoe again or is it literally the same shoe just different colorway?
June 18, 2009 @ 02:54 PM
TJXenos

did mr prison even have anything to do with the original? Other than the fact he still worked there a day a week when the idea first got pitched?
June 18, 2009 @ 04:02 PM
drifter

did mr prison even have anything to do with the original? Other than the fact he still worked there a day a week when the idea first got pitched?

I could have sworn he played a large role in Concepts getting the deal and then also the idea? I could be wrong. Either way it's not like these shoes are anything special like Tiff's or something.

Not trying to hate, but seems like a whole lotta hype for some very basic shoes. Although I won't lie I like the new colorway a lot better, but a week in line? LULZ @ the cool sneakerheadz.
June 18, 2009 @ 08:01 PM
terrellnrthcrk

Yo I have mad love for Concepts and the Concepts family- but I think the shoe is kinda wack. Dope looks for the marketing campaign and the hype and shit, it's a success and that's awesome for the city and shit. I just think it's an ugly shoe haha. Maybe cuz I hate dunk lows, just ugly.
June 18, 2009 @ 08:53 PM
KCFerguson07

think places might stop announcing shoe drops weeks in advance?

for example: if the blue lobster blog just randomly said: "shoes are available in stores now" instead of a specific date that would prevent huge camp outs, and favor people who would constantly check that blog, forums like this, their email, and the concepts website. It also would be great for people who lived close and could quickly run over there.
June 18, 2009 @ 09:55 PM
David.NOT

for example: if the blue lobster blog just randomly said: "shoes are available in stores now" instead of a specific date that would prevent huge camp outs, and favor people who would constantly check that blog, forums like this, their email, and the concepts website. It also would be great for people who lived close and could quickly run over there.

but then you gotta admit having 100 people in line days before a pair of shoes drops gives concepts free publicity which leads to more business later on
June 19, 2009 @ 12:02 AM
airpantapas

Please explain how we would know that? If you are looking to buy, most likely be willing to spend a few bills, atleast $400, the ones on ebay, that may or may not be scams are going for atleast $450.

LOL my bad i guess sorry it wasn't clear enough for you.
June 19, 2009 @ 07:23 AM
drifter

See I like that idea, allowing the natives to be able to walk on over on a Saturday, maybe wait 30 mins and purchase a pair. Because I'm pretty sure if someone in Boston buys these and wears them they can then tell others where they bought it. Someone in NYC buys these and wears them, not to many people they know will visit Concepts.

Or maybe they could have a special batch for natives. A week before the official release, randomly post on here the day before or put a flyer up in the shop. That way its Boston people getting the shoe and hopefully wearing them.
June 19, 2009 @ 11:59 AM
iCOLLECT

Co-mothafuckin-sign.

Can I get on this too. Not that much of a selection.
June 20, 2009 @ 04:38 PM
entangledvyne

anyone going to suffolk downs 26th-28th for the phantom gourmet beach party?
June 20, 2009 @ 04:43 PM
drifter

anyone going to suffolk downs 26th-28th for the phantom gourmet beach party?

that shit isn't at city hall anymore? I went like 2 years ago, had to pay to get in and then pay each vendor. It was ok, but like i said can get costly and the lines sucked.
June 20, 2009 @ 04:47 PM
entangledvyne

^damn yea ive never been before, and i live by orient heights so i figure im close enough to check it out. Figure i'll blaze a J and walk over to get some brisket. lol
June 20, 2009 @ 08:53 PM
redshoepaul

I would go if some of the food is free..
June 21, 2009 @ 06:02 PM
Johnnydunks!

I agree with something being set up so that true natives get the sneakers before these other fucking leeches do. these are simple and hot, I like them alot more then last years. anyone know why they chose the jedi laces for these? I feel like the concepts shirt (with the neon green splatter) makes it seem like the blue lobster's guts are neon green haha.

This year's campout was so different compared to last year's. there was almost a whole new crowd of people, way more complaints, mad kids cutting and mad animosity. it almost feels like this year was the first one and last year should have been this years (more organization, peace, tolerance last year than this year.) I hope third time is a charm and we'll all hopefully get shit right. trying to take the camping aspect out of sneaker releases is like trying to get nice weather in boston all year-NOT HAPPENING- it's part of the culture that you cant eradicate. to be completley honest I like camping out for sneakers, especially when concepts(and pilot) make it worth the campout with all the stuff they include in a release, it justifies time spent and adds personal value/memories to the sneaker itself.

good looks to everyone at concepts for another nasty summer release and crazy collaboration.

p.s is anyone missing either the lacelocks or the hangtag? my boy is missing the lacelocks and when i opened mine up today i didnt see a hangtag. chedda, you guys got an extra tag laying around i could come scoop up?
June 21, 2009 @ 06:41 PM
Chedda_BLC

I think we should have hang tags as well as the lace locks if anyone is missing them.
June 21, 2009 @ 07:37 PM
KCFerguson07

thats good if you camp out and actually will wear the shoes.
think that aspect is positive in most ways (but only when i dont have school)
the bad part is when i go on ebay later that day and see pairs up for $800-$1,000
June 21, 2009 @ 07:47 PM
TJXenos

I got a hang tag but no lacelocks. And if i were to get some lacelocks how would i put them on without opening the bag?

Yo whattup my dude Johnny!
June 21, 2009 @ 08:30 PM
drifter

So who has photos? Anyone sell a pair for a crazy amount yet?

That's what made me almost camp out, was the possibility of making $600 or more profit, but honestly when I heard kids were a week out camping, I passed.
June 22, 2009 @ 12:03 AM
Johnnydunks!

TJ, my kicks(and my boys) came with the lacelocks outside of the bag in little plastic baggies, not sure if its the same way with everyone elses. chedda, save me a tag please, i'll come by and pick it up this saturday when the conceptsXslick black colorway drops.

yo tj message me your myspace.
June 22, 2009 @ 06:40 AM
TJXenos

Nah, I just got the sb lacebag with white laces, loose black laces and the shoes. Def need lacelocks on saturday ched.

johnny - pm'd
June 22, 2009 @ 10:25 AM
Odeezy

yea i didnt get lacelocks either
June 23, 2009 @ 12:20 AM
Johnnydunks!

TJ i added you. I knew you were gonna get them haha.
June 23, 2009 @ 12:40 AM
p_jhonstone

1. Intro
2. Mexican Beans (Prod. By Stussy)
3. Courtney
4. You Gotta (Prod. By FlyLo)
5. Here With Me (Prod. By. London Smilez)
6. Hakuna Matata (Feat. Tony Mega)
7. One Night In August ( Feat. Johnny Dep) Prod. By KReam Team
8. Starvin' Marvin (Prod. By Stussy)
9. The Reason (Prod. By Stussy)
10. Stussy Is The Shit
11. Get Up (Feat. Ev4n Holt) (Prod. By Brothers Bowery)
12. Rowe x Polow
13. Mind Games ( Feat Tony Mega & brandUn DeShay) (Prod. By Stussy& Mega)
14. GivumABrek (R.I.P. Dilla)
15. Blackout Freestyle (Prod. By Mega)
16. Home Cooked (Prod. By Frosty)
17.Outro

The Mixtape is comin soon.. i just wanted to post this in the boston forum as promotion hoping to get some local support so please spread the word before the tape comes out

eastlyn.tumblr.com cookboystuss@gmail.com

June 23, 2009 @ 02:02 AM
airpantapas

yo anyone know where I can copp some dior denim at?
June 23, 2009 @ 11:22 AM
dick_grayson

^^Barney's.
June 23, 2009 @ 12:59 PM
spacebrain

what up boston efriends
June 23, 2009 @ 06:46 PM
Crooksdakix

yo check out the site all my boston headss ..

www.BackOntheAve.com

Peacee
June 24, 2009 @ 12:11 AM
Johnnydunks!

sick little section on the lobster campout.

Please login first to reply.