300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
June 12, 2009 @ 11:18 PM
drifter

First camper showed up at 9:46am this morning. We asked him to please leave and come back closer to the date. No need to start that shit over a week in advance. Just not cool. It would be dope if people waited till like Friday night, but I know that shit aint happening.

you're kidding? Was he from new york too? I'd love to pick up a pair, but honestly I have school and just a life that involves not wanting to wait outside for a pair of shoes made by my cousins in Vietnam.
June 13, 2009 @ 12:05 AM
Gumby

First camper showed up at 9:46am this morning. We asked him to please leave and come back closer to the date. No need to start that shit over a week in advance. Just not cool. It would be dope if people waited till like Friday night, but I know that shit aint happening.

That dude needs to get a life.
June 14, 2009 @ 01:54 PM
redshoepaul

The kid would've probably left anyway after being so damn bored and wet from the rain that'll happen in the next few days.
June 14, 2009 @ 04:15 PM
Odeezy

you're kidding? Was he from new york too? I'd love to pick up a pair, but honestly I have school and just a life that involves not wanting to wait outside for a pair of shoes made by my cousins in Vietnam.

oh man this was a funny response....
June 14, 2009 @ 04:16 PM
Odeezy

The kid would've probably left anyway after being so damn bored and wet from the rain that'll happen in the next few days.

lmao....prolly woulda caught the swine flu...
June 14, 2009 @ 09:11 PM
Odeezy

technical skate shop is closing down on newbury.... or is it relocating ???
June 14, 2009 @ 09:41 PM
redshoepaul

technical skate shop is closing down on newbury.... or is it relocating ???

Relocating. Not sure where.
June 15, 2009 @ 04:53 PM
iCOLLECT

What's the issue with the KLoop shop?

Info por favor.
June 15, 2009 @ 06:41 PM
p_jhonstone

What's the issue with the KLoop shop?

Info por favor.

it relocated.....a lil bit further down newbury

eastlyn.tumblr.com cookboystuss@gmail.com

June 15, 2009 @ 09:33 PM
Odeezy

it relocated.....a lil bit further down newbury

yea its a lot closer to newbury comics now
June 16, 2009 @ 12:24 AM
redshoepaul

It's in a stupid location in a stupid building with less stuff.
June 16, 2009 @ 08:20 AM
dick_grayson

Why did they do that? Didn't they just redo the store last summer? wtf
June 16, 2009 @ 10:12 AM
KCFerguson07

and there was recently water damage at the old location that they just fixed
it was closed for a while in like january
June 16, 2009 @ 01:14 PM
airpantapas

Who cares that place sucks
June 16, 2009 @ 02:28 PM
GeTthaKY

Who cares that place sucks

Co-mothafuckin-sign.
June 16, 2009 @ 02:52 PM
Odeezy

oh k-loop isnt that bad....
June 16, 2009 @ 09:28 PM
airpantapas

yo someone tell me whats good with these blue lobster dunks coming out at concepts. This is the only spot thats getting em, and how many is concepts getting ?
June 16, 2009 @ 11:07 PM
faro one

yo, no way dude camping this AM would have left sometime this week between when he got there this AM and on Saturday.no way..not at all..not a chance..not even close.. I'd put money on the fact that he'd have chilled the WHOLE time.

last year, I was working at concepts right around this time of year, (may/june) and the first lobsters were dropping then. there was cats lining up the Wednesday before the shoes dropped; so, today's instance isn't all that far fetched. PLUS, as of 6/7 PM tonight, there's about 10 or 12 people straight posted up outside concepts right now..haha..

I mean, don't get me wrong, I used to have to wait for shoes. I hit the old tannery/concepts at like 4/5AM to scoop the first J-Rod's and the Tiffany dunks. got hit over the head for the cost of the kicks (that had to be paid in cash) but loved every second of it. I remember being so stoked on the Tiff's.. hah, SMH at me.. at that stage of your sneaker liking, shit like that is fun. I grew up wearing a lot of heat (thanks Pops,) but at one point, not too too long ago, everything changed and now, it's close to impossible to get any of the good stuff that they drop for box price.. I had to wait up for the DMP's too.. me and my man hit Champs on Wash St --downtown crossing the night before.. got there about midnight, twisted a few Ls, scooped the kicks at like 8/9AM when they opened, had to straight beef with about 25/30 cats in the immediate area to grab the index card (each card had a shoe size on it, so whoever got a card with a certain size on it, got that size,) almost got jacked walking back to the train with the HUGE gold boxes, hit the crib and slept for a week, haha..but me and my dude held it down. we hopped the turnstyles at Park Street station and the cops immediately stopped us...the dudes chasing us did the same exact thing trying to catch us, so it was not hard for the cops to see what was happening.. they let me and my man go and wrote the pack of goons tickets...LOL

either way, my point is.. cats straight LOVE waiting in line. for some dudes, it's obviously worth it for them to chill outside a store for 24, 48, 72, 96, shit... I guess in this case, close to 110 hours to then pay 2 and a half bills on a pair of sneaks. at least, they've justified doing that in their head somehow, and if that's the conclusion they have come to, word up, let em rock with it, whatever. and for some cats, they have made the conscious decision that it is NOT worth their time to camp and chill outside a store to have to legit be posted in the same spot the whole time to hold the spot down for a night, two nights, three nights, damn...four nights. dudes straight camped out for some SB's for a straight crazy long weekend's worth of time, right?. a normal long weekend would be either Monday OR Friday off in addition to sat. and sun. obviously. these cats waiting from Tuesday morning to Saturday afternoon, pretty much 5 days and 4 nights (like a hot damn cruise ship advertisement..) shit is crazy, yo..but for real, good job to the fam over at concepts... THIS IS WHAT THE FUCK IS UP RIGHT HERE... straight holding it down... be on the lookout for some possible new NB collabs also. T've only heard a rumor, but I heard there was some heat on the way... we'll just have to wait and see now won't we...? smile
June 17, 2009 @ 01:01 AM
KCFerguson07

[url]http://hypebeast.com/2009/06/concepts-x-nike-sb-dunk-low-
June 17, 2009 @ 07:12 AM
TJXenos

[/QUOTE">

NB owes em one for fucking up the first cncpts nb (not that i dont still have 2 pair)
June 17, 2009 @ 11:08 AM
Odeezy

camping already....smfh
June 17, 2009 @ 12:58 PM
drifter

Why did they do that? Didn't they just redo the store last summer? wtf

I asked the same question maybe a month ago when I went into the new place for the first time.

The dude said, they were waiting for other shops to open up around them, but nothing was opening and it was just constant construction around them and empty spaces. And obviously they want other stores around them to attract potential customers.

Said the lease was up so they decided to move to an area that better suited them.

I mean where they are now makes sense for the fact that, newbury comics is there, American Apparel, urban outfitters etc. So its more of their demographic so to speak. Although the new place is much smaller or atleast seems it.

But one good thing about smaller stores is they have a smaller stock room, pick up some Tre's for $60 that are still going for $100 everywhere, perfect skate shoes.
June 17, 2009 @ 07:06 PM
9xNinex9

yo, no way dude camping this AM would have left sometime this week between when he got there this AM and on Saturday.no way..not at all..not a chance..not even close.. I'd put money on the fact that he'd have chilled the WHOLE time.

last year, I was working at concepts right around this time of year, (may/june) and the first lobsters were dropping then. there was cats lining up the Wednesday before the shoes dropped; so, today's instance isn't all that far fetched. PLUS, as of 6/7 PM tonight, there's about 10 or 12 people straight posted up outside concepts right now..haha..

I mean, don't get me wrong, I used to have to wait for shoes. I hit the old tannery/concepts at like 4/5AM to scoop the first J-Rod's and the Tiffany dunks. got hit over the head for the cost of the kicks (that had to be paid in cash) but loved every second of it. I remember being so stoked on the Tiff's.. hah, SMH at me.. at that stage of your sneaker liking, shit like that is fun. I grew up wearing a lot of heat (thanks Pops,) but at one point, not too too long ago, everything changed and now, it's close to impossible to get any of the good stuff that they drop for box price.. I had to wait up for the DMP's too.. me and my man hit Champs on Wash St --downtown crossing the night before.. got there about midnight, twisted a few Ls, scooped the kicks at like 8/9AM when they opened, had to straight beef with about 25/30 cats in the immediate area to grab the index card (each card had a shoe size on it, so whoever got a card with a certain size on it, got that size,) almost got jacked walking back to the train with the HUGE gold boxes, hit the crib and slept for a week, haha..but me and my dude held it down. we hopped the turnstyles at Park Street station and the cops immediately stopped us...the dudes chasing us did the same exact thing trying to catch us, so it was not hard for the cops to see what was happening.. they let me and my man go and wrote the pack of goons tickets...LOL

either way, my point is.. cats straight LOVE waiting in line. for some dudes, it's obviously worth it for them to chill outside a store for 24, 48, 72, 96, shit... I guess in this case, close to 110 hours to then pay 2 and a half bills on a pair of sneaks. at least, they've justified doing that in their head somehow, and if that's the conclusion they have come to, word up, let em rock with it, whatever. and for some cats, they have made the conscious decision that it is NOT worth their time to camp and chill outside a store to have to legit be posted in the same spot the whole time to hold the spot down for a night, two nights, three nights, damn...four nights. dudes straight camped out for some SB's for a straight crazy long weekend's worth of time, right?. a normal long weekend would be either Monday OR Friday off in addition to sat. and sun. obviously. these cats waiting from Tuesday morning to Saturday afternoon, pretty much 5 days and 4 nights (like a hot damn cruise ship advertisement..) shit is crazy, yo..but for real, good job to the fam over at concepts... THIS IS WHAT THE FUCK IS UP RIGHT HERE... straight holding it down... be on the lookout for some possible new NB collabs also. T've only heard a rumor, but I heard there was some heat on the way... we'll just have to wait and see now won't we...? smile

good post, the sneaker game can do that to some people.
maybe this 2nd lobster drop will be bigger then the pigeon
drop in nyc few years ago. haha. big props to concepts.
hopefully they attract enough attention so dxc will come again...
June 17, 2009 @ 09:01 PM
Odeezy

good post, the sneaker game can do that to some people.
maybe this 2nd lobster drop will be bigger then the pigeon
drop in nyc few years ago. haha. big props to concepts.
hopefully they attract enough attention so dxc will come again...

dunk xchange.....

maaaan, sneakerpimps is coming in july....that and sole collector is all you need for a trade show...
June 17, 2009 @ 09:58 PM
airpantapas

so will some one tell me whats really good on these?
June 17, 2009 @ 10:59 PM
vscrolla00

all you have to do is google "concepts blue lobster"...more than enough info will come up.
June 17, 2009 @ 11:53 PM
June 18, 2009 @ 12:46 AM
iCOLLECT

June 18, 2009 @ 05:29 AM
June 18, 2009 @ 08:39 AM
Chedda_BLC

As of last night @ about 12:30 we were 100 deep in line. This is much bigger than the first Lobster.

Please login first to reply.