Opening a store right now is going to be really hard unless u have an amazing business plan to where the bank feels them loaning u the money is a good idea and wont cause u to go bankrupt.. Or u have investors into the the store like family and friends(good approach cause then u can take this money and show it to the bank when presenting the business plan)..
Also start up is alot of money, here is what i got when i asked around about opening a shop awhile ago(decided against it afterwards, still might open a store later on, not streetwear though), this is from other stores, my friends shop and others:
- Need atleast 1 years rent for your space
- a years bills paid off (estimated price)
- around $50,000-75,000 for Brands to buy( u dont want to start of with couple cause then there is no variety)
- money for fixtures, hangers, bags, computer, and etc.. All these things
- just some extra money for little things, just incase
so your total can look around 125K to 250K, all depends how deep u get into the store and space size...
Good Luck, if this is what u really want then work on that business plan, talk to other shops about starting up and the revenue and all hat good stuff.. Also shops arent going to give u pricing on wholesale until u actually have everything figured out... Also last thing to remember your first year will be the hardest because u will just be paying back your loan .. Hope this helped