FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
November 26, 2009 @ 05:46 PM
hools

what's good? so me and three other friends will kill to get out of the AV, and attend a college in SD. one will either go to SDSU or UCSD while the other three of us go to La Mesa or Grossmont, but all still rooming together or splitting in pairs, staying in two bedroom apartments

just have a few questions, any help would be awesome.

-any feedback from La Mesa or Grossmont?
-what's the area like and which would you recommend
-how's the pay in SD for a student and how well do you get by?
-any recomendations on where to stay?

i'll update this thread. seriously any help would be dope. if you're a big enough help we'll smoke you out or getcha drunk once we're down there cool
November 26, 2009 @ 05:50 PM
Guapamole

just applied to UCSD. hope to read into the area. +1 for this thread.
November 26, 2009 @ 05:54 PM
whatsbrackin

im a second yr at ucsd, and honestly it depends on how much financial aid you receive. i currently live with 4 homies in a 5 bedroom house in mira mesa and we all go to ucsd. we can afford it cause of financial aid. how many of you are applying there? or going there?

WTB SUPREME: WHITE PAISLEY OXFORD XL "LA" FITTEDS 7 5/8 & HARLEM SERIES "MLB" FITTEDS 7 3/4 ALL DIVINE MERCY HOODIES XL

November 26, 2009 @ 06:21 PM
hools

well tuition is out of the way since my dad retired from the military in CA, as well for another two of us. i'm beginning to apply for FAFSA right now. like i said only one of us will be going to UCSD/SDSU and the rest to La Mesa or Grossmont. i'm thinking of calling Sterling Collwood cause they got a dope setup
November 26, 2009 @ 11:46 PM
whatsbrackin

i think you should start off in an apartment, getting a house is grown man shit. what kind of a lease are you looking for? just be sure youre all serious cause shit happens once you live together, you realize how people are, and money isnt something to fuck with, so just be certain about it.

WTB SUPREME: WHITE PAISLEY OXFORD XL "LA" FITTEDS 7 5/8 & HARLEM SERIES "MLB" FITTEDS 7 3/4 ALL DIVINE MERCY HOODIES XL

November 27, 2009 @ 02:35 AM
ClydeFrazier

how's rent for you dudes goin to ucsd? im prolly transferring there next year for econ

Melo Gang All Day

November 27, 2009 @ 04:23 AM
hools

yeah we're thinking of getting a place at Sterling Collwood at SDSU. it won't be for sure ALL of us will be going but i sure as hell won't be staying in the AV.

and what do you mean what kind of lease? like a year lease?
December 12, 2009 @ 05:55 PM
snaV

i hate the sdsu area, so many cops, checkpoints fuck thaaaaaaaaaaat. go to grossmont, im currently going there and its dope.
December 14, 2009 @ 11:41 PM
illy

^ that's because sdsu kids like to do drugs and get busted with pounds of weed and cocaine lawl.
overally, if you're looking for a party school hit up sdsu. more of a 'college' atmosphere.
just as a generalization ucsd kids are nerdy as hell...
just sayin.
as a college student, i doubt you'd be able to afford a lot of spots in san diego except for like college areas. off campus in la jolla would be just ridiculous. the area around sdsu is mad sketchy IMO but if you're cool with a little distance, the area near crawford south of sdsu is reasonably priced and not too bad.
don't know much about grossmont or la mesa though...
December 18, 2009 @ 12:14 PM
snaV

grossmont/la mesa is allright, traffic is a bitch around the time i go home too. but its okay cuz im usually smoking a few bowls in traffic haha
December 18, 2009 @ 01:30 PM
Canvas08

im a second yr at ucsd, and honestly it depends on how much financial aid you receive. i currently live with 4 homies in a 5 bedroom house in mira mesa and we all go to ucsd. we can afford it cause of financial aid. how many of you are applying there? or going there?

i'm a second year at ucsd too, whats good
December 18, 2009 @ 02:10 PM
whatsbrackin

ha nothing, you live on campus? i swear i made a mistake by going there, shouldve went to state, how u feel?

December 18, 2009 @ 02:50 PM
Canvas08

ha nothing, you live on campus? i swear i made a mistake by going there, shouldve went to state, how u feel?

i shoulda went to usc

yeah i live in sixth apartments
December 23, 2009 @ 01:43 PM
hools

grossmont/la mesa is allright, traffic is a bitch around the time i go home too. but its okay cuz im usually smoking a few bowls in traffic haha

ha i don't doubt we'd do something like that either.

sorry for not staying updated with my own thread.

can anyone else lemme know what's good with employment there?
March 13, 2010 @ 03:27 PM
snaV

it's w/e
March 15, 2010 @ 04:26 AM
GeraldSD

Are you guys transfering to La Mesa/Grossmont for a specific reason? There are a couple of more CC's around in the area and you wouldnt have to just settle for spots in those areas.
March 17, 2010 @ 01:24 PM
DAYGOdrft

SDSU home of the STD's.... dont forget to take your herpes medicine!
March 25, 2010 @ 04:49 PM
Freddie Benson

^LoL so true

anal del rey http://yellow-stuff.com

April 2, 2010 @ 02:41 PM
snaV

fuck state
April 5, 2010 @ 10:33 PM
whenarichniggawantU

The baddest bitches in SD go to state. period.

STD's or not.
April 6, 2010 @ 11:04 AM
hools

damn haven't updated this in a bit.

so story's changed and i may just go up there with one homie. this family that's renting us this newer home where i currently stay actually lives in SD and the husband, who's a younger guy, actually went to state too. he recommended staying at Pacific Beach, anyone else have experience there?
April 6, 2010 @ 05:48 PM
yoneek

i go to sdsu, shitload of baaadddd bitches and theres not as much drug activity as everyone says there is and there are NO checkpoints ( confused who ever said that is dumb as fuck). Those dumbasses that got caught earlier were setup by undercover cops.

SDSU > any community college in SD. Period.

As far as living, if you're going to be a full time student, i'd recommend living in one the apartments near to state. They go for about 1,100 a month for 2 bedrooms. If not, Pacific beach is pretty dope, mad far though, so idk if you want to travel about 30 miles in traffic a day.

As for employment, if you mean a part time job? State has a shitload of jobs for students with hella flexible hours. Like standing around the bookstore lol.

LMK if you got anymore questions.
April 6, 2010 @ 05:58 PM
hools

^yooo thanks for the help.

do you know if the Sterling Collwood campus apartments are still open? i was looking at their rooms and it costs about ~$700 for two rooms, which seems good compared to the one you said.

i'll probably pm you sometime man
April 6, 2010 @ 06:21 PM
yoneek

Yeah, those apartments are nice, a few blocks from campus, but i'm not sure if they're still accepting new residents right now cuz i think they do 10 month leases, not rly sure though. I'd also recommend looking at University Towers, its like right across the street from fraternity row / sororities and the gym. I see a lot of chicks staying up there. But if you have a car, the apartments you posted are fine imo
April 6, 2010 @ 06:55 PM
hools

yeah i'll have a car, i won't be attending SDSU this year anyway, my homie will. i think they accept new residents still cause one of their reps called me a few weeks ago seeing if i were interested again. i'll check those towers out though bro, appreciate the help
April 7, 2010 @ 03:05 PM
ClydeFrazier

just got into ucsd, anyone else from here go there? (aside from canvas)

Melo Gang All Day

April 7, 2010 @ 10:30 PM
unknown force.

i go to sdsu, shitload of baaadddd bitches and theres not as much drug activity as everyone says there is and there are NO checkpoints ( confused who ever said that is dumb as fuck). Those dumbasses that got caught earlier were setup by undercover cops.

SDSU > any community college in SD. Period.

um really.....theres checkpoints for every weekend of every holiday. and SDSU is a 4 year so why would you compare it to a community college? thats retarded
April 25, 2010 @ 06:36 PM
snaV

SDSU > any community college] in SD. Period.

As far as living, if you're going to be a full time student, i'd recommend living in one the apartments near to state. They go for about 1,100 a month for 2 bedrooms. If not, Pacific beach is pretty dope, mad far though, so idk if you want to travel about 30 miles in traffic a day.

As for employment, if you mean a part time job? State has a shitload of jobs for students with hella flexible hours. Like standing around the bookstore lol.

LMK if you got anymore questions.

LMAO FUCK YOU HAHAHAHA, lets chill tho.
May 1, 2010 @ 04:30 AM
Freddie Benson

um really.....theres checkpoints for every weekend of every holiday. and SDSU is a 4 year so why would you compare it to a community college? thats retarded

lol theres checkpoints every holiday btu nigs get caught for drunk driving every weekend and trujioles taco shop is home of the drunk as fuck greek life

anal del rey http://yellow-stuff.com

May 2, 2010 @ 01:10 AM
ReZ

just got into ucsd, anyone else from here go there? (aside from canvas)

was considering it, but the campus fuckingg sucks.

Please login first to reply.