Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
October 31, 2012 @ 01:12 AM
Josh.

So I've been thinking about building a desktop, but I feel like it might be pointless to have a desktop and a laptop.

Would I be better off with just a laptop and buying a monitor for it for when I'm at home, desktop/laptop combo, or build the desktop for my main machine and then sell my laptop and get a tablet for traveling?

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

October 31, 2012 @ 02:05 AM
zyezye

what's the main reason for you to want a desktop? honestly, if you're not planning to do some heavy editing/production/gaming I really can't recommend a desktop, its pretty much just for that niche of people now if you want a desktop, and its hard to justify the need and amount of money spent if you aren't planning to do any of those things. if its just for browsing/streaming/studying/entertainment a laptop is fine.
October 31, 2012 @ 02:50 AM
Josh.

I already have an iMac (which I want to get rid of, I was going to build one to replace it.) which I mostly use for music/movies, I do a little gaming on it and I do program on it, but the majority of the time I am on my laptop. I would like to do a bit more gaming, I wouldn't call it heavy by any means and I would like to do the majority of my programing on the desktop.

I guess I could always just buy a large external HDD and keep all of my music/movies files there and any miscellaneous files on it.

November 1, 2012 @ 07:22 PM
Gilly Suits

Workstation Laptop/Monitor

You can do everything you need to do programing wise/high cpu and RAM wise. Plus you get the added nature of the screen for videos or if you need more canvas room. Easy to upgrade if know way around a computer so you never have to fail behind. Also quality is superb.

If this doesn't appeal to you tablet/desktop.

Culective.com //

November 1, 2012 @ 07:47 PM
Josh.

@gilly-suits

yea thats what I've been leaning towards more now.

sell my iMac, buy an external monitor or use my tv, then add a SSD to my laptop and keep the HDD in it for extra storage.

November 1, 2012 @ 09:56 PM
me>u

I got a MBP and a old desktop PC.

I use my PC more than the laptop since i grew up with this PC and im just so used to it.

Plus all my iTunes music is on here.

Im looking into getting a tablet too.

PC = What I use at home
Macbook = What I use at school or anywhere else
Tablet = Use before I go to bed, eating or dumping

instagram: funthera

Please login first to reply.