FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
June 25, 2013 @ 02:02 AM
Norrin Radd

anyone see the new Galaxy S4 Active

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

June 29, 2013 @ 06:08 PM
Mr_Chukes

Ended up getting the blue one. Not pumped about the hardware buttons, but it's such a nice device that I think I'll get over them. I've only ever used Pentile qHDs in the past, so this should be a great improvement given that it is a 3D 720p ASV with traditional RGB pixel layout. Same TI SoC as my RAZR and same RAM, but I'm happy that I'll have NFC. There's just something about the phones released in Japan, they are much more aesthetically pleasing than our traditional western offerings.
How much did you get it for and how do you feel about it now. 
July 1, 2013 @ 04:47 PM
99%Shit

$370.

PayPal made me send an eCheque for some reason, didn't clear until today, so it hasn't even shipped yet. There's no dev support for Japanese-market devices which will suck because I'll be on 4.0 for the duration of my ownership. It should be fine until next year though.

narsha.narsha.narsha

July 4, 2013 @ 11:05 PM
Mr_Chukes

^ damn no dev community. You would think they would have a huge developer base. 
July 7, 2013 @ 11:30 PM
99%Shit

I don't think the Japanese are as concerned with modding their phones, at least not software-wise, and if they are, they're not using XDA or posting anything in English.

The one thing I am going to enjoy, even though it serves no purpose in Canada, is the TV antenna. It won't pick up anything because OTA broadcasts are long gone, but I will enjoy the novelty of extending it when answering calls, to relive the olden days of mobile phones and confuse onlookers.

narsha.narsha.narsha

July 8, 2013 @ 04:09 AM
Mr_Chukes

Lmao just the feeling. 
July 10, 2013 @ 01:57 AM
W33ZY

costco needs to get the htc one for tmobile already. talked to a dude there today and said theyre going through a lawsuit or something but hopefully they'll resolve it soon because i'd rather have an htc one than an s4..
July 10, 2013 @ 04:17 PM
99%Shit

Got my phone today, shit's piff. Only real downside is that I need to use a 3.5mm jack to microUSB adapter to use headphones. I think they limited ports due to the phone being water/dust resistant, but they really should have put a 3.5mm port under the mUSB cover.

The screen is really nice, the viewing angle is amazing, the colours, the brightness, everything about it is top quality. I think it has the exact same SoC that my RAZR had, but somehow it is much snappier despite the resolution bump from qHD to 720p. There's a neat feature called 'VeilView' that adds a pattern to the screen that is not really seen when you look dead-on but blocks others from seeing whatever you are typing, etc., very useful for work or public spaces. Still playing around with all the stuff on it, but so far, it's a real improvement. 

narsha.narsha.narsha

July 13, 2013 @ 04:51 PM
Mr_Chukes

costco needs to get the htc one for tmobile already. talked to a dude there today and said theyre going through a lawsuit or something but hopefully they'll resolve it soon because i'd rather have an htc one than an s4..
You buy all your phones at costco how is thst? I know they have a great return police. 
July 13, 2013 @ 04:52 PM
Mr_Chukes

99%shit that sounds dope do they have any videos of it?
July 13, 2013 @ 06:02 PM
unknown force

anyone have a mac and a galaxy? if so how do you get your mac to read it
download android file transfer 
July 14, 2013 @ 04:54 AM
W33ZY

You buy all your phones at costco how is thst? I know they have a great return police. 
it's just where my plan is at. They have phones for a bit cheaper sometimes so it's cool but i'm really waiting on that htc. i'm done with samsung, want to try something new
July 14, 2013 @ 11:41 AM
99%Shit

99%shit that sounds dope do they have any videos of it?

This is only one I've seen that has the SH06D with 4.0 on it. Apparently it was quite shite with 2.3, which is understandable.

narsha.narsha.narsha

July 14, 2013 @ 05:20 PM
Mr_Chukes

it's just where my plan is at. They have phones for a bit cheaper sometimes so it's cool but i'm really waiting on that htc. i'm done with samsung, want to try something new
I feel you Samsung has poor build quality. 
July 14, 2013 @ 11:07 PM
99%Shit

I'd never get a Samsung because of the build quality. The i9100 SII was solid, especially for when it came out. I just couldn't imagine buying a top-tier device in 2013 and it being mostly creaky plastic. 

Ugh, wish I could have just upgraded to this through Bell. Although, I'd be torn between it and the new Sharp with the 1080p IGZO display. Thankfully I live in Canada and I have no real options.

narsha.narsha.narsha

July 24, 2013 @ 07:57 PM
Mr_Chukes

Mad that I missed out on tht chromecast dongle. 
July 24, 2013 @ 08:33 PM
Mr_Chukes

Nvm I was able to order it smile 
July 24, 2013 @ 08:38 PM
Mr_Chukes

Gonna cop the new nexus 7 to. Hell yeah. 
July 25, 2013 @ 07:18 AM
PRUZZIS

I feel you Samsung has poor build quality. 
don't own a s4 but i've played around with other people's and i'm confused. do you think it has poor build quality because of the plastic? i would think the plastic actually makes it more durable and easy to repair in case of damage.
July 26, 2013 @ 12:38 AM
99%Shit

A phone should not creak or flex, the S3 did. Haven't had hands-on with the S4, but reviews suggest the same level of build quality. And really, Samsung is the biggest Android OEM right now, they could easily throw in some premium materials. We've got OEMs using Kevlar, aluminium, steel, glass, etc.. Hell, the Ubuntu phone, if it comes to fruition, will have a sapphire crystal screen. 

The Activ seems like the only passable S4, but when you look at the Asian(developed) market, you're hard-pressed to find a phone that isn't water and dust resistant/proof. So phones like the Activ or Xperia Z will soon become the norm here in NA.

narsha.narsha.narsha

July 26, 2013 @ 12:44 AM
99%Shit

I won't go near it until I know that ASUS didn't cheap out on the storage like they did last time. That and the N10 will probably feature the crazy new Exynos 5420 that houses the 6 core Mali GPU, so it'll probably be the best tablet offering this year, unless nVidia gets some of its mobile Kepler GPUs out early. The Mobile Kepler is said to far exceed the GPU in the PS3 and most mid-range gaming PCs... in a phone/tablet!

narsha.narsha.narsha

July 27, 2013 @ 03:45 PM
Mr_Chukes

A phone should not creak or flex, the S3 did. Haven't had hands-on with the S4, but reviews suggest the same level of build quality. And really, Samsung is the biggest Android OEM right now, they could easily throw in some premium materials. We've got OEMs using Kevlar, aluminium, steel, glass, etc.. Hell, the Ubuntu phone, if it comes to fruition, will have a sapphire crystal screen. 

The Activ seems like the only passable S4, but when you look at the Asian(developed) market, you're hard-pressed to find a phone that isn't water and dust resistant/proof. So phones like the Activ or Xperia Z will soon become the norm here in NA.
Yeah the build quality on Samsung phones is complete cramp that's why I'm staying aha from any Samsung products. They make so much money but still put out crap quality. 
July 27, 2013 @ 03:47 PM
Mr_Chukes

I won't go near it until I know that ASUS didn't cheap out on the storage like they did last time. That and the N10 will probably feature the crazy new Exynos 5420 that houses the 6 core Mali GPU, so it'll probably be the best tablet offering this year, unless nVidia gets some of its mobile Kepler GPUs out early. The Mobile Kepler is said to far exceed the GPU in the PS3 and most mid-range gaming PCs... in a phone/tablet!

That's insane. Now I know what processor I want in my new nexus phone. I was debating on selling my ipad and getting a nexus but just gonna keep my ipad and get a nexus 7 later on. I bought a chromecast I'm excited for it. I need a laptop to type on though. Imma get a MacBook Air. 
July 31, 2013 @ 02:45 AM
Ace-Clothing

Speaking from an experienced PC and Macbook user, I think each device has it's functionality. I personally cannot stand editing photos, videos or any sort of media on my PC but at the same time would much rather word process and take my PC to class. 
August 5, 2013 @ 11:42 PM
W33ZY

Looks like costco just got in the htc one for t-mobile. might pick up tomorrow. $129 plus tax
August 6, 2013 @ 06:55 PM
Mr_Chukes

Looks like costco just got in the htc one for t-mobile. might pick up tomorrow. $129 plus tax
Nota bad deal. 
August 9, 2013 @ 12:30 AM
W33ZY

Yeah! I'm liking it so far. A big upgrade from my galaxy s1 hahah. But it's a bit different from their setup so it will take some getting use to.. Anyone else have an HTC One?
August 11, 2013 @ 10:03 AM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

That newly released LG G2 tho...

* LG is finally going to cement their status as #3 in the mobile industry after Samsung and Apple.

I like this phone very much, but I must wait what Nexus 5 looks like and its features when it releases 

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

August 12, 2013 @ 05:24 PM
Don Francisco

Yeah! I'm liking it so far. A big upgrade from my galaxy s1 hahah. But it's a bit different from their setup so it will take some getting use to.. Anyone else have an HTC One?
Just got one over the weekend. All black just looks so cool

Anyone know of any adblock apps for chrome mobile?
August 12, 2013 @ 05:41 PM
Mr_Chukes

Just got one over the weekend. All black just looks so 

Anyone know of any adblock apps for chrome mobile?
the only one i know is for rooted phones

Please login first to reply.