Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
August 8, 2012 @ 08:37 PM
stalker46ss

Okay guys i want to get a smartphone. Tbh, I don't have a single clue about any phones out there. Can you guys help me out may be tell me anything about a smartphone on your mind like the functions, advantages, cons, or anything cause i dont really have a stepping ground so i dont know how to decide for myself.
August 9, 2012 @ 12:43 AM
dunkinsb

well shit most phones can do anything, android is catching up to iphones app market, and both have good app programs for just about anything (navigation, games, where to shop, etc)
if your thinking of purchasing a droid phone, stick with samsung.
the best phone on the droid market currently is S3 has way better specs (IMO) then Iphone4S
but heres a few current comparison to Iphone 4s to S3 features
Find more here (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/21/galaxy-s3-vs-iphone-4s_n_1615824.html)
s3 has a the same camera maybe better then iphone4s
has an SD card up to 64gigs (can basically hold songs same as 64gig ipod)

basically the S3 is better then the Iphone 4s (IMO) but you should wait to see what apple will release with the Iphone 5 this month (september), they market in secrecy.

I dont own an S3 but my brother does, its a very cool phone and the browser is fast and speedy, and he used to own iphones. But if it were up to me I'd wait to see what Iphone 5 has to offer and they're rumored to release this september, and they usually keep quiet on there features until the release.

IMO not much of a smart phone person (yet), And everyone has there own preferences
August 9, 2012 @ 03:53 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

S3 seems like a good phone or I'd get one by HTC. Theirs phones have always been solid for me. I like my macbookpro but for a phone i prefer android and if you drop that iphone it'll shatter. So if you're someone who drops your phone a lot maybe the iphone wont be good for you unless you like bulky cases.
August 9, 2012 @ 04:42 AM
shawnkempsson

S3 is best phone out right now from what I am reading
August 9, 2012 @ 01:00 PM
99%Shit

Which carrier are you on? Which are you going with? Which area are you in? What do you want to pay monthly?

SIII is a great choice, but the Verizon version has a locked bootloader, which means no chance at custom ROMs like CM9/10. Area is entirely important as well. If you live in an area with LTE coverage, it may be worthwhile to go with Verizon if they have the best LTE coverage in your area. I don't really know the budget carriers in the US, but they have WAY better monthly rates than the big carriers, and if you're going to be in the city most of the time, the coverage area is not an issue.*

The difference between budget phones and flagships is minimal, it all comes down to the 'purchase price', so as long as you're able to drop ~$200 initially, do it. Do not get stuck with a mid-range phone that will be completely outdated a year from now. Go big or go home. Best out currently: HTC One X, Samsung GSIII, Motorola Atrix HD/RAZR HD(soon), and iPhone 4S(5 soon). Do not buy an LG, they make good electronics, but their phones are awful at the moment, however they are coming out with a 5" phone(huge) with full 1080p(better pixel density than Retina). I'm not familiar with Sony phones, they look nice, but I haven't heard any rave reviews.

*For example, I pay ~72/month on Bell for 1000min, 10 unlimited numbers, early nights, 1GB data, VM/CD/etc., but if I switched to Wind, it would be ~$40/month for unlimited calls/data. I will be switching soon, hopefully someone will take over my promo Bell plan, if not, even the cancellation fee is worthwhile.

narsha.narsha.narsha

August 9, 2012 @ 07:27 PM
stalker46ss

Which carrier are you on? Which are you going with? Which area are you in? What do you want to pay monthly?

SIII is a great choice, but the Verizon version has a locked bootloader, which means no chance at custom ROMs like CM9/10. Area is entirely important as well. If you live in an area with LTE coverage, it may be worthwhile to go with Verizon if they have the best LTE coverage in your area. I don't really know the budget carriers in the US, but they have WAY better monthly rates than the big carriers, and if you're going to be in the city most of the time, the coverage area is not an issue.*

The difference between budget phones and flagships is minimal, it all comes down to the 'purchase price', so as long as you're able to drop ~$200 initially, do it. Do not get stuck with a mid-range phone that will be completely outdated a year from now. Go big or go home. Best out currently: HTC One X, Samsung GSIII, Motorola Atrix HD/RAZR HD(soon), and iPhone 4S(5 soon). Do not buy an LG, they make good electronics, but their phones are awful at the moment, however they are coming out with a 5" phone(huge) with full 1080p(better pixel density than Retina). I'm not familiar with Sony phones, they look nice, but I haven't heard any rave reviews.

*For example, I pay ~72/month on Bell for 1000min, 10 unlimited numbers, early nights, 1GB data, VM/CD/etc., but if I switched to Wind, it would be ~$40/month for unlimited calls/data. I will be switching soon, hopefully someone will take over my promo Bell plan, if not, even the cancellation fee is worthwhile.

thats the thing i need something for as cheap as possible but also good. I thought of getting the S3 but its too expensive. I might just get the S2 is it any good??
August 9, 2012 @ 07:28 PM
stalker46ss

well shit most phones can do anything, android is catching up to iphones app market, and both have good app programs for just about anything (navigation, games, where to shop, etc)
if your thinking of purchasing a droid phone, stick with samsung.
the best phone on the droid market currently is S3 has way better specs (IMO) then Iphone4S
but heres a few current comparison to Iphone 4s to S3 features
Find more here (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/21/galaxy-s3-vs-iphone-4s_n_1615824.html)
s3 has a the same camera maybe better then iphone4s
has an SD card up to 64gigs (can basically hold songs same as 64gig ipod)

basically the S3 is better then the Iphone 4s (IMO) but you should wait to see what apple will release with the Iphone 5 this month (september), they market in secrecy.

I dont own an S3 but my brother does, its a very cool phone and the browser is fast and speedy, and he used to own iphones. But if it were up to me I'd wait to see what Iphone 5 has to offer and they're rumored to release this september, and they usually keep quiet on there features until the release.

IMO not much of a smart phone person (yet), And everyone has there own preferences

i was thinking of getting s3 but it cost too much so i might jus get the s2 is it any good?
August 9, 2012 @ 10:24 PM
99%Shit

SII is still a capable phone. If you get it, just root it(info can be found on XDA Forums) and install CM10(Jellybean based ROM).

narsha.narsha.narsha

August 9, 2012 @ 10:53 PM
stalker46ss

SII is still a capable phone. If you get it, just root it(info can be found on XDA Forums) and install CM10(Jellybean based ROM).

tell exactly what the fuck that is genius niccuh
August 10, 2012 @ 01:31 AM
99%Shit

You're a goon. B& and V&, bitch.

narsha.narsha.narsha

August 27, 2012 @ 08:21 AM

Inactive

blackberry
August 27, 2012 @ 11:22 PM
Norrin Radd

^^^ didn't know people still bought blackberrys

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

August 28, 2012 @ 02:23 AM
neinei

Wait for iPhone 5 (y)
September 7, 2012 @ 11:29 PM
SnapCrackPop

iphone >
September 7, 2012 @ 11:56 PM

I have an S2 and it still holds up. Dropped it a billion times with no case and still no scratches on the screen. Although the S2 is a bit old, it is and will still be comparable to most phones today considering how great it is. the Plus +1 is that you can root and customize it to you liking (interface/entire system). In my opinion, try to get an S3, but if not S2 will be fine. I used to have an iphone, and honestly will never go back. Android for phones, Macbooks for computers.
September 9, 2012 @ 04:17 PM
stalker46ss

I have an S2 and it still holds up. Dropped it a billion times with no case and still no scratches on the screen. Although the S2 is a bit old, it is and will still be comparable to most phones today considering how great it is. the Plus +1 is that you can root and customize it to you liking (interface/entire system). In my opinion, try to get an S3, but if not S2 will be fine. I used to have an iphone, and honestly will never go back. Android for phones, Macbooks for computers.

tyhanks for the input!
September 10, 2012 @ 12:54 AM
himynameisblank

well what the fuck do you need in a smart phone?
I sold my iphone cause all i do is txt and call
think about what you need first then look for those features in a smart phone
edit: college is expensive b save your money on books

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/164188 Elephants $100 Shipped http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/162862/? topic_page=1#post-329240

September 10, 2012 @ 03:14 AM
wyldstallions2

Google Voice + Something you can use google voice on.

Peace and Happiness.

September 10, 2012 @ 06:00 AM
TheGod

suspended

if you dont really know much about smartphones id just go with an iphone solely because they are the easiest and most user friendly phones.

Still selling shit. Got banned for not wanting to sell to some mod on this site lmao. PM Me for pics of what im selling.

Please login first to reply.