April 23, 2013 @ 12:07 PM
Mckue

They are known over in the UK as a uni laptop, because that's what they're good for, word processing, portability, quietness and battery life.. They're not the most technically advanced machines, but they work well for what they do, and I'd presume they last a long time (only had mine a year)..
April 28, 2013 @ 09:27 PM
real nigga

Does anybody have the Retina Display? I'm really looking at the 15 inch

Young niggas run everything

May 3, 2013 @ 02:53 PM
AreteBrand

Not worth the money. The majority of people who complain about PCs being unreliable & getting viruses either induced the problem or didn't do their research. If you buy a shitty laptop, for under $300, then you'll get problems. Honestly, as an IT person, Macs aren't that perfect and can get viruses just like any pc, tablet, or cell phone(you're fucked once you get one). Why pay $1000-2500 for some shit you can get for much less, with better specs? If you invest that money into a PC, you'll get a product that will last you just as long and be more worth your $

SHOP: http://www.apollolifestyle.bigcartel.com FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/apollolifestyle

May 10, 2013 @ 01:50 AM
david_bowie

If you're NOT an IT person and would like a reliable computer that has good longevity, then YES. PC's are fine and people can make do with Windows and their products but as apollolifestyle best put it, damage is self inflicted. Mac's are a bit more user proof than PC's. 

But if you do, don't buy a base model macbook air. I feel like the shelf life on such a small capacity computer is only a few years. Plus you can't upgrade it.

"I let my fists do the talking. Well, not this one, because I need it for coin tricks...But this one, does the talking for both, I suppose."

May 22, 2013 @ 05:03 PM
phantomony

Totally worth it. I switched from PC to Mac like 4 months ago. It's just simpler to use, runs smoother, and doesn't get backed up easy. Lasts a lot longer too.
May 24, 2013 @ 02:05 AM
╒rozzy

*Buys a shitty $500 laptop then buys $2000+ Macbook, argues that Mac's are more reliable than all PC's.

Macs are pretty to look at though. 

May 24, 2013 @ 05:15 AM
qrct1

why would you pay for the OS on the mac... smh

aeterna13.com

May 27, 2013 @ 08:03 PM
UR-CR

Seriously, I know that apple is way more expensive than a PC, but honestly it worst it. I mean it really make your day easier and the environment cleaner. It's a whole new experience and perfect for the design jobs and activities. 

Ask the genius ;)
May 28, 2013 @ 09:32 PM
bootynuggets

this thread needs to come to an end once and for all already. i'm sure op already either copped a macbook or another laptop of their choice, but this goes out to anyone else who'll dawn the "is a macbook worth it" question.

if you have the bread and it's not a problem, go ahead and cop a macbook. if you don't, look for something in your budget. but bear in mind, don't buy a macbook if you aren't gonna use it to it's full extent (as in it's power).

think of it like this. you have the option to buy two cars and you have money for either, but speed is the only factor that attracts you more to one over the other. would you rather buy a simple car for around $20,000 that can top at 140mph for or buy a bugatti veyron for over a million that'll top at over 250mph, KNOWING that you'll probably never drive past 90+mph in your lifetime? (i hope you understand the analogy/comparison because it makes sense in my head and i can't explain it any other way)

a macbook [pro] would be tight if you're gonna be doing shit like editting music/movies where you'll definitely need an undoubtedly powerful computer, but if you're just gonna use it for shit like typing college papers, watching videos, and going on fb/tumblr/whatever, you could drop less than $500 for a laptop that'll do the job.

I produce with a friend for fun. https://soundcloud.com/kopm

May 29, 2013 @ 02:11 AM
your local swagfag

Hey dude I used to be a die hard windows fan, 3 years ago I was forced to convert to apple workflow for a video project for Sennheiser. Let me tell you, it's more than worth it. OSX is insanely user friendly, especially if you are interested in cinematography. Windows doesn't stand near in this sense. The macbook itself is certainly over priced if you are looking at a windows machine of the same specs, but it is the engineering of the overall laptop that the money goes to on the macbook. Windows laptops required me to cycle through them at least 1 every two years, this 15 inch 2010 through a few upgrades I can say will be lasting me for at least 2 more years no problem at all.
June 1, 2013 @ 07:57 AM
thexvid

I like the OS and the design of the MacBook Pro but the Hardware is often very old. The System runs great better than Windows 8 in my opinion. If I had enough money I would buy a MacBook Pro again but at the moment rather not.
June 2, 2013 @ 09:24 PM
Your Fan

@bootynuggets

i been copped the 15" Retina, I'm surprised this thread is still open....
June 3, 2013 @ 10:33 AM
bootynuggets

@bootynuggets

i been copped the 15" Retina, I'm surprised this thread is still open....
oh tight lol.

I produce with a friend for fun. https://soundcloud.com/kopm

June 3, 2013 @ 03:58 PM
ice13water

$400-$700    
June 11, 2013 @ 04:20 AM
pierce.

the new ios looks like it went back in time
July 6, 2013 @ 05:49 AM
metalfingaz

if u havvee the money yes i love the workflow I'm not a tech nerd though
July 11, 2013 @ 06:32 AM
orellos

if u want to over heat by surfing the web GO FOR IT
July 11, 2013 @ 06:54 AM
noahunder

^^^^^^^^^^^^^True story.
July 25, 2013 @ 06:15 PM
2pacalypse

Absolutely worth it. You get what you pay for. The retina displays are especially worth the extra money. 
August 17, 2013 @ 07:49 PM
ondray

Don't get a 64gb air. No doubt you'll run out of storage quickly, you will end up having to delete stuff to make room for new stuff. I have one and wish i saved up for longer to get a pro. 
August 30, 2013 @ 04:46 PM
acompanion

this thread needs to come to an end once and for all already. i'm sure op already either copped a macbook or another laptop of their choice, but this goes out to anyone else who'll dawn the "is a macbook worth it" question.

if you have the bread and it's not a problem, go ahead and cop a macbook. if you don't, look for something in your budget. but bear in mind, don't buy a macbook if you aren't gonna use it to it's full extent (as in it's power).

think of it like this. you have the option to buy two cars and you have money for either, but speed is the only factor that attracts you more to one over the other. would you rather buy a simple car for around $20,000 that can top at 140mph for or buy a bugatti veyron for over a million that'll top at over 250mph, KNOWING that you'll probably never drive past 90+mph in your lifetime? (i hope you understand the analogy/comparison because it makes sense in my head and i can't explain it any other way)

a macbook [pro] would be tight if you're gonna be doing shit like editting music/movies where you'll definitely need an undoubtedly powerful computer, but if you're just gonna use it for shit like typing college papers, watching videos, and going on fb/tumblr/whatever, you could drop less than $500 for a laptop that'll do the job.
Realest shit Ive heard regarding comparisons. Thanks man.

8( x x )8

September 2, 2013 @ 07:59 PM
RiFF RaFF

Mac Books can be dope if you do a lot of computer programming / unix/ python coding. 

Be about it

September 4, 2013 @ 03:40 PM
ju6a6n

Macbook is worth every single penny 
September 4, 2013 @ 04:12 PM
nisaeln

Perfect for college, can't get any better laptop
September 5, 2013 @ 05:33 AM
resu

Yes and no. 
It's pretty convenient to have around for school work, projects, or just simply editing pictures.
The cost is quite up there but it's really up to you. I think it's worth it if you travel a lot.
I could get a decent high performance/gaming computer rig for the price of a Macbook.
September 5, 2013 @ 12:58 PM
nextstager

I like the build construction, does everything you need it to do besides play games.
September 5, 2013 @ 07:09 PM
jord.mcintyre

small. smart and practical for minor tasks. video editing and processing makes lower end macbook struggle. increasing in temperature and volume.
September 18, 2013 @ 03:28 AM
beck0n

small. smart and practical for minor tasks. video editing and processing makes lower end macbook struggle. increasing in temperature and volume.
temperature/fan noise shouldn't be a major concern, there's SMC fan control for that.

low end 15" cMBP with a dedicated GPU should be fine for moderate video editing and processing. at that price you're better off going for the retina though imo.

FS: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/219212

September 24, 2013 @ 05:10 PM
adamkh123

a macbook pro retina would be a safe investment, the only thing i suggest is carrying an extra 500gb-1tb external hd because the 256 gb flash storage isn't enough memory, at least for me it isn't.
September 27, 2013 @ 04:41 AM
Jim Swill

yes, but it really really sucks that you cant get them open without some expertise, while being low maintenance they also kind of lock you out of your own product as in it's still like it's apples product and you just rent it indefinitely

www.jimswill.com www.noided.net

Please login first to reply.