Is a Macbook really worth it?

Dec 04, 2012 @ 22:20
Originally posted by Inactive User
anyone replaced their HDD with an SSD? is the difference noticeable ? i upgraded my 2010 mbp to mountain lion and its slow af. im upgrading the ram to 8gb but debating wether or not to put an SSD
Load and boot times on an SSD is so much quicker. Worth it man
Dec 05, 2012 @ 00:08
MacBook + Supreme Box Logo Sticker on it.

drug-runs.tumblr.com

Dec 05, 2012 @ 02:28
/\ hahaha. yes
Dec 05, 2012 @ 05:38
Upgrading 13" to 15" Retina smokeyface
Dec 08, 2012 @ 04:11
Dollar for Dollar nothing Apple is worth it.
Dec 08, 2012 @ 20:56
  yes      

:0

Dec 12, 2012 @ 20:48
need advice on mbp
not interested in retina
looking at a late-2011 MD322LL/A
2.5ghz i7, 15.4 matte high resolution screen
8gb 1333mhz ram
750gb hdd for basically $1500
used

or
brand new 13.3" mbp MD102LL/A the high end version

I would eventually play video games on it but screen size ain't a major deal for me.
mainly looking at specs quad core + gpu
Dec 13, 2012 @ 21:02
I have owned several Macs and PCs and loved both. I enjoy PC slightly more though.
Jan 02, 2013 @ 20:14
for those who are using Chrome on mac, do you guys notice a battery drain, when compared to other browsers?
Jan 06, 2013 @ 05:00
bought a used macbook for 200 bucks , best 200 $ ive spent only downside is that the computer is dented and cracked were its barley noticeable  :[ 
Jan 06, 2013 @ 05:27
def worth the price. mines been doing good on me for awhile now havent seen any flaws, bugs, etc
Jan 06, 2013 @ 18:11
I've really had one laptop (dell) and it's been alright for the 3 years i've had it but needs a new battery which i don't feel like replacing and has other problems but it's my first.. I've been thinking about trying out a macbook pro. Mostly i just browse the internet a lot, watch vids/movies, listen to/download music and movies. Mostly watch movies from my laptop via hdmi and if i'm not mistaken, macbooks don't have an hdmi port? I also like customization and sort of like the aesthetic of apple. Been lookin on craigslist for macbook pros recently. Just wanted to get an opinion on what i should do or what i should purchase. as far as gb, RAM, and all that techinical shit goes.. Appreciate any info
Jan 06, 2013 @ 19:34
the Retina Pro models do have an HMDI port but I think the regular Pro models still do not

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

Jan 07, 2013 @ 05:48
i got a macbook pro 13 inch around september. i used to have a pc before. so happy i made the change. and it helps me a lot in school.
Jan 08, 2013 @ 20:28
after reading some posts i'll be purchasing one now
Jan 15, 2013 @ 04:36
I have a 09 Macbook and my harddrive failed but had it replaced under apple care, but besides that nothing has went wrong, and its an older model so I can still replace things if needed. Its all comes down to personal preference of OS though. Both are capable of the same things.

Feedback: http://hypebeast.com/forums/buyerseller-feedback/172003

Jan 15, 2013 @ 15:49
Bought a Macbook Pro back in 2008 and it just recently died. Was my fault though since I would use it while on my bed, so the battery overheated from the computer sinking into the bed and not being able to vent properly. I've learned my lesson since. Other than that mishap, it's been the best computer I've had to date. No viruses or any of that crap and very simple user interface. I remember when I had PC's, they'd have problems every couple of months or so. 

I'd say it's worth it, depending on what you're using it for. I mainly edit on programs and type papers, so it's fine for me.
Jan 15, 2013 @ 21:00
Love my apple laptop! 
Jan 27, 2013 @ 01:46
macs are the shit!! Straight and simple.
Jan 28, 2013 @ 04:35
i def enjoy mine for casual use. you should upgrade the ram, it really improves processing speed
Feb 01, 2013 @ 09:07
def worth it, got a pc for college...should have gotten a mac
Feb 01, 2013 @ 11:40
Had my 2007 macbook for about 6 years now. Shits still doesnt lag. but apple is coming to a down fall, so i suggest you get one of those ultrabooks now, because apple is becoming a asshole. sueing left and right, monopolizing connectors(lighting, thunderbolt), and uninnovative technology. Apple had its reign and its just about over.
they have had their own proprietary parts for a long time

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

Feb 01, 2013 @ 20:11
Had my 2007 macbook for about 6 years now. Shits still doesnt lag. but apple is coming to a down fall, so i suggest you get one of those ultrabooks now, because apple is becoming a asshole. sueing left and right, monopolizing connectors(lighting, thunderbolt), and uninnovative technology. Apple had its reign and its just about over.
The people behind the company may seem like douchebags, but the products are still very great in terms of quality and style. I love my MacBook Pro. It's going to be my fourth year using this laptop, and I don't have problems with it. I might need to replace the battery, though, but I'm considering getting a new MacBook Pro for college. The new and thinner one with the Retina display seems great.
Feb 02, 2013 @ 00:51
Macbooks suck ass and you are just wasting cash. For the price of an expensive, under powered macbook (dual core for $1600, 15") you can get yourself a nice, fast gaming laptop that will trump its performance. As long as the laptop has an MXM slot, you can also upgrade the GPU and CPU.

Check http://www.gentechpc.com/ for their selection of laptops. A 15" dual core CPU macbook is $1600, while the Sager NP9170 is $1319, and you get a 17" screen with a speedy quad core cpu, and a really good gaming GPU.
Feb 03, 2013 @ 08:49
I love my MBP, but shit is crapping out on me after just 3 years.

It keeps shutting off when the battery hits around 60-70%, especially if I'm doing graphics work/watching HD videos.
Feb 21, 2013 @ 03:34
got both new iMac and old macbook pro ..love both my apple computers i have been thinking of getting the RMBP but after seeing that i cannot change the guts so to say i think i will stay with the 11 mbp until it shuts down on me....as far as macbooks sucking ass ...its all about what you want the computer for...its not a gaming computer per say but it is great for other things as you may know
Mar 09, 2013 @ 13:01
Do you need/want the apple applications and experience? Do you need a laptop? If you answered yes to both then I'd say yes it is. Some time this year there will be new ones, and I'm guessing the cheaper of those will get the 'Retina' triple-HD displays.
Mar 10, 2013 @ 00:06
Worth it. Great for graphic designers, pretty much any design field, maybe not gaming but that isn't what Apple is about anyway....
Mar 11, 2013 @ 18:06
I don't get why Apple should be better for designing, I bet my PC is multiple times better, not trying to hate, just sayin just my opinion.
Mar 11, 2013 @ 18:25
it's not all about specs and shit, it's how the os and the hardware perform as 1, windows xp was probably the most stable and best windows os, and may work amazingly with some pc's compared to other versions. whereas mac os works perfectly with MacBooks, which all in all will make them perform better. I have both and i definitely prefer my macbook, so much better made, smoother and hasn't let me down since 2010 once!

street bound

Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0