August 9, 2012 @ 08:24 PM
stalker46ss

i plan on getting a MacAir for college theres a couple below $1199 which is my max budget. Is it any good

This isn't helpful. Please explain what else you do on a laptop besides school. I can give you an old clunker that can run Open Office and go on the internet w/ 2GB RAM for 50 bucks if that is all you are asking? Do you play games, use video editing or picture editing programs? Do you make music? Do you like Customization? Do you have a need for a Card slot or many USB ports? Please Repost with better description.

well as of now i just need something that works really well and suits my college classes. So im guessing just something to type with and internet access? I dont really know wat else colleges use the laptops for. Also keep in mind i want something thats very fast and doesn't break down easily and very convenient. i think the macair fits tht but may be it might have a little bit more than i need. And ya i want something for as low as possible.
August 9, 2012 @ 09:10 PM
ventura

macs are overpriced and you're pretty much just paying for the brand.
They use the same parts as any other PC, the only thing that's different are the cosmetics and the operating system- which you could easily install on a non-apple computer anyways.

not sure about macbooks, but im assuming it should be the same- you could build a PC with better parts than a mac, for a lot cheaper too
August 9, 2012 @ 09:22 PM
kous

if you are looking the best deal for your dollar, no
if you have money to blow, yes

Regularly updated with supreme heat + other items http://twotimes.bigcartel.com/ http://twotimes.bigcartel.com/

August 15, 2012 @ 01:21 AM
Your Fan

Thanks for the 5 page discussion guys, but I'm just going to wait it out I don't have enough cash to blow on a Macbook when college wants 26k
August 16, 2012 @ 01:29 AM
╒rozzy

macs are overpriced and you're pretty much just paying for the brand.
They use the same parts as any other PC, the only thing that's different are the cosmetics and the operating system- which you could easily install on a non-apple computer anyways.

not sure about macbooks, but im assuming it should be the same- you could build a PC with better parts than a mac, for a lot cheaper too

I didn't know you could "easily" install Mac OSX on a PC...

August 16, 2012 @ 02:18 AM
99%Shit

A computer savvy person could have OSX running on a 'PC' in an afternoon with a decent tutorial. To me, that's 'easily', seeing as only the savvy will even try it, and to the savvy, follow the instruction set is basic shit. I've had issues with installing OSX on a Mac, and I've also had issues with installing Windows OSes and Linux OSes on 'PCs'. Shit happens, less obviously with upgrades and legitimate copies, but lots of things can bork. The reason there's no 'ridiculously easy' way to install OSX on a 'PC' is because there's no benefit, it's a project and nothing more. No one who doesn't buy a Mac from Apple wants OSX for any real purpose other than to show that it IS possible. And really, if you know you want OSX but don't want a Mac, you just look for a tutorial and you can be told what parts to buy to make for an easier install, and it still works out cheap than a store-bought Mac, even if you have to pay someone a case of beer to do it for you.

narsha.narsha.narsha

August 17, 2012 @ 07:40 PM
samb222

I'd recommend a Macbook. They're more of a fashion icon if anything to be honest, and a lot of the price is for the logo. But they have a great build quality, and if you have any problems then Apple will replace it with no fuss. You can also dual-boot windows to get the best of both worlds.
August 20, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
Fated America

If your paying 26K EACH year for college a 1-2k macbook will be worth it in your 4 year run. Maybe not the retina display macbook but it can make sense for your major.
August 20, 2012 @ 08:34 AM
Black Adam

No. Delete thread
August 21, 2012 @ 02:34 AM
stalker46ss

Ya it just came today its a macbook air anyone tell me ideas so i can get the most out of it and really benefit me
August 21, 2012 @ 02:36 AM
Barbecue Brennon

You can build better comps for the price pay for your computer to say Apple.
August 21, 2012 @ 03:18 PM
nikebridge

ahhhh my macbook ppl finally arrived...but @stalker46ss from what I know the old macbook air's werent that hot..had to buy an external hard drive nd shit to play movies nd such...im not too sure about the new ones but due to the fact it's apple you shouldnt have to worry about any internal problems for a minute...As far as the light weight design and shit, it could cause problems if your not careful. I got a friend that stepped on his closed on accident and crackd his screen.
August 21, 2012 @ 06:39 PM
mathewjones

I've had mine now a good 12 months and nothing has really ever gone wrong with it, its perfect for my course at uni too which always helps (tv and film)
August 21, 2012 @ 06:54 PM
NZOO

I've had mine now a good 12 months and nothing has really ever gone wrong with it, its perfect for my course at uni too which always helps (tv and film)

Nigga you just saying that to make it feel ya money went to good use...

Don't badmind me.

August 21, 2012 @ 07:21 PM
mathewjones

Haha nahhh they're good man, being a student too I got it with 20% off also, Student finance paid for it, i'm not complaining
August 21, 2012 @ 08:40 PM
99%Shit

Because it's Apple you don't have to worry about internal problems? Fuck is that? My roommate has three MBPs at home with dead mobos. She's on her second since I've lived with her. She only browses and watches movies.

narsha.narsha.narsha

August 22, 2012 @ 01:31 AM
dildo baggins

got a new 128gb macbook air back early in the year for 800 flat lol cant complain cool
August 22, 2012 @ 02:49 AM
SouthernSlang2

Any recommendations for alternatives that work just as well under $700?
August 22, 2012 @ 08:19 PM
stalker46ss

ahhhh my macbook ppl finally arrived...but @stalker46ss from what I know the old macbook air's werent that hot..had to buy an external hard drive nd shit to play movies nd such...im not too sure about the new ones but due to the fact it's apple you shouldnt have to worry about any internal problems for a minute...As far as the light weight design and shit, it could cause problems if your not careful. I got a friend that stepped on his closed on accident and crackd his screen.

ya i made it a priority to b careful wit it in fact i dnt even know which 1 i have whether its 2012
August 22, 2012 @ 08:42 PM
NZOO

@southernslang if you want ultra.. Link

Link > MACs

Don't badmind me.

August 23, 2012 @ 04:57 AM
nikebridge

@99%shit bitch ya mad...nobody care bout you ya frend and ya dog...im giving the guy MY opinion. ALong with several others that have macbooks and all "cant complain" or "no issues" is my main point..we good wit our apple shit regardless of the cost and thats MY point...move along with your asus or w.e shit you carry and drop your personal vengence with Steve Jobs B cuz it seems you have a new story everytime I post
August 23, 2012 @ 04:57 AM
nikebridge

anyfuckinway my dude @stalker46ss good choice...you wont regret it...get a case for that badboy and keep the beer and shit away from it lol
August 23, 2012 @ 04:59 AM
nikebridge

@dildo-baggins shoutouts to the testimony lol...hope it keeps well as it should!
August 23, 2012 @ 07:18 PM
stalker46ss

anyfuckinway my dude @stalker46ss good choice...you wont regret it...get a case for that badboy and keep the beer and shit away from it lol

oh no sir i dont drink beer at all.. and no sex until marriage definitely!
August 23, 2012 @ 10:05 PM
Josh

The case won't help if he steps on it like your friend.

Also IMO cases are pointless since they are made out of aircraft grade aluminum

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

August 23, 2012 @ 11:27 PM

Inactive

Just buy a Mac if you can afford one.
August 24, 2012 @ 04:11 AM
99%Shit

lol 'aircraft grade'. buzzwords. there's no such thing as 'aircraft grade' aluminum.

narsha.narsha.narsha

August 24, 2012 @ 07:38 AM
Your Fan

What is the max resolution for 13" Macbook Pro?
August 24, 2012 @ 04:43 PM
Josh

lol 'aircraft grade'. buzzwords. there's no such thing as 'aircraft grade' aluminum.

even if it is just a buzzword, I still think cases are for aluminum macbooks are pointless, I have dropped mine and there are no dents, scratches, etc.

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

August 25, 2012 @ 05:21 PM
nikebridge

yea idk bout the aircraft aluminum thing lol...

Please login first to reply.