Is a Macbook really worth it?

Aug 22, 2012 @ 02:49
Any recommendations for alternatives that work just as well under $700?
Aug 22, 2012 @ 20:19
ahhhh my macbook ppl finally arrived...but @stalker46ss from what I know the old macbook air's werent that hot..had to buy an external hard drive nd shit to play movies nd such...im not too sure about the new ones but due to the fact it's apple you shouldnt have to worry about any internal problems for a minute...As far as the light weight design and shit, it could cause problems if your not careful. I got a friend that stepped on his closed on accident and crackd his screen.

ya i made it a priority to b careful wit it in fact i dnt even know which 1 i have whether its 2012
Aug 22, 2012 @ 20:42
@southernslang if you want ultra.. Link

Link > MACs

Don't badmind me.

Aug 23, 2012 @ 04:57
@99%shit bitch ya mad...nobody care bout you ya frend and ya dog...im giving the guy MY opinion. ALong with several others that have macbooks and all "cant complain" or "no issues" is my main point..we good wit our apple shit regardless of the cost and thats MY point...move along with your asus or w.e shit you carry and drop your personal vengence with Steve Jobs B cuz it seems you have a new story everytime I post
Aug 23, 2012 @ 04:57
anyfuckinway my dude @stalker46ss good choice...you wont regret it...get a case for that badboy and keep the beer and shit away from it lol
Aug 23, 2012 @ 04:59
@dildo-baggins shoutouts to the testimony lol...hope it keeps well as it should!
Aug 23, 2012 @ 19:18
anyfuckinway my dude @stalker46ss good choice...you wont regret it...get a case for that badboy and keep the beer and shit away from it lol

oh no sir i dont drink beer at all.. and no sex until marriage definitely!
Aug 23, 2012 @ 22:05

The case won't help if he steps on it like your friend.

Also IMO cases are pointless since they are made out of aircraft grade aluminum

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

Inactive User

Aug 23, 2012 @ 23:27
Just buy a Mac if you can afford one.
Aug 24, 2012 @ 04:11

lol 'aircraft grade'. buzzwords. there's no such thing as 'aircraft grade' aluminum.

narsha.narsha.narsha

Aug 24, 2012 @ 07:38
What is the max resolution for 13" Macbook Pro?
Aug 24, 2012 @ 16:43

lol 'aircraft grade'. buzzwords. there's no such thing as 'aircraft grade' aluminum.

even if it is just a buzzword, I still think cases are for aluminum macbooks are pointless, I have dropped mine and there are no dents, scratches, etc.

Aug 25, 2012 @ 17:21
yea idk bout the aircraft aluminum thing lol...
Aug 25, 2012 @ 18:20
Cases for anything are ridiculous for the average user. Unless you're in heavy industries or construction, you don't really need protection, you need common sense.

narsha.narsha.narsha

Inactive User

Aug 27, 2012 @ 08:14
Yes a macbook is really good for college.
Aug 29, 2012 @ 08:17
didn't have a problem with my old macbook 13" plastic, didn't have a problem with my 13" MBP intel core 2 duo, don't have any problems with my i7 macbook retina

after using each of my previous laptops for about 2 years, i sold them for only a few hundred less than i paid, windows laptop on that

FORUM SIGNATURE

Sep 07, 2012 @ 22:06
I have had a 15 inch macbook pro for 3 years now. I can honestly say that I have had no problems at all. I highly recommend buying one
Sep 07, 2012 @ 22:07
And if you get the apple care, they pretty much got your back for like everything
Sep 08, 2012 @ 00:02
just bought a macbook last sunday and have had it for about 5 days. I like it; it's alot different with the interface and keyboard shortcuts. It takes time to get use to, but after a couple days you'll develop a liking for it. Honestly, I've been using only pc's in the past and I could honestly not really care between a mac or a pc. Invest in a computer that has everything you need.However the plus on the mac is you can run both pc and mac easily, and the design of a macbook is so beautiful.
Sep 13, 2012 @ 13:08
I bought a Macbook Pro in 2007 and am still very happy with it. I replaced the original HDD with an SSD and must say the spped bump was very impressive. Mountain Lion and all apps run smoothly on it. I guess I will kepp it till it dies... Or till the next generation of Macbook airs come out. I really like them but I just don't like the big beazel around the screen...
Nov 07, 2012 @ 09:36
I'm an official Mac owner in 2 days. Thanks for all the "information" guys.
Nov 18, 2012 @ 02:37
trying to cop a macbook pro for christmas or black friday

why the new retina version not have a DVD drive or anything da fuq?

this is my plan:

purchase a refurb or some discount macbook pro non retina most likely 13 incher but will go to a store and see if i like the 15 inch

then upgrade ram to 16 gb
SSD haddrive

profit?

sound like a good plan ma nigs?
Nov 18, 2012 @ 04:36
That's what Apple says but they'll take 16GB

Nov 18, 2012 @ 12:52
Yeah I've been looking at the mac boards people are saying 16gb. Some people mention 32gb but Idk if I need all that
Nov 18, 2012 @ 15:26
How long does a MacBook battery last? And what kind of prices can I expect to see on black Friday or Christmas week
Nov 18, 2012 @ 21:58
I wouldn't expect to see much of a price change in Apple products, if any at all.

Originally posted by Inactive User
Yeah I've been looking at the mac boards people are saying 16gb. Some people mention 32gb but Idk if I need all that

Hmmm idk about 32gb maybe in the 15" or the old 17", I don't think the 13" will handle 32gb but I never looked into it.

Nov 19, 2012 @ 14:47
Apple's international online and retail stores also participate in these sales, though Apple's discounts tend to be very modest. Last year's discounts for Apple's core products were as follows (in USD):

iPad 2 - $41 to $61 Off
iPod nano - $11 off
iPod Touch - $21 to $41 off
MacBook Air - $101 off
MacBook Pro - $101 off
iMac - $101 off

For absolute savings, customers will have better luck with 3rd party merchants that tend to offer steeper discounts on Apple products on Black Friday.

Nov 24, 2012 @ 23:06
anyone replaced their HDD with an SSD? is the difference noticeable ? i upgraded my 2010 mbp to mountain lion and its slow af. im upgrading the ram to 8gb but debating wether or not to put an SSD
Dec 04, 2012 @ 17:09
Just for everyday stuff they are great and super user friendly. 
Dec 04, 2012 @ 18:12
anyone replaced their HDD with an SSD? is the difference noticeable ? i upgraded my 2010 mbp to mountain lion and its slow af. im upgrading the ram to 8gb but debating wether or not to put an SSD
check through the MacRumors Forums, theres quite a bit of people who have done it. You'll notice faster speeds with the SSD than you will with the RAM

Please login first to reply.