Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
August 6, 2012 @ 12:20 AM
nikebridge

@gilly-suits ur reaching now...nobody said shit bout the unibody being apart of my argument...its just the model of the computer..find something else to reach about brah
August 6, 2012 @ 12:22 AM
nikebridge

@bozav @obscurities lol you would think a mac is some piece of plastic crap by the way ppl are talking..my whole point was its reliable..never had issues...if you have the extra $ go for it..but im glad there are some on here with common sense
August 6, 2012 @ 01:09 AM
Gilly Suits

@gilly-suits ur reaching now...nobody said shit bout the unibody being apart of my argument...its just the model of the computer..find something else to reach about brah

I quoted you with the last thing you mentioning as a reason was the macbook unibody...

Culective.com //

August 6, 2012 @ 01:40 AM
nikebridge

@gilly-suits never quoted a thing...a white plastic macbook and a macbook unibody are 2 diff things..hence y I mentioned it..not because of performance but simply it is the one I have so I mentioned it
August 6, 2012 @ 04:13 AM
vapor90

You should ask /b/ this question
August 6, 2012 @ 11:47 AM
99%Shit

Vaio? Oh god, this is the worst thread. Why are people that throw away laptops after getting viruses recommending computers that come preloaded with lots of bloat? If you don't know how to reformat, a Vaio is not for you. They have quality components and looks, but if you don't wipe it out of the box, it's junk. Same can be said for HP, Samsung and the rest of the OEMs. I believe ASUS and Lenovo laptops come with minimal bloatware and don't need to be reformatted, but someone may correct me on this.

Basically choice should come down to trackpad. The Samsung Chronos series are top quality for looks/parts, but holy shit, WORST trackpad. However, top-tier MBP specs for ~1200.

narsha.narsha.narsha

August 6, 2012 @ 04:57 PM
pinheadlarry

Yes, trust me as a college student, you will see a large amount of your non-tech savvy friends go through at least 2 different shitty PC laptops through college, while your macbook is still going strong into grad school.

Everyone I know with a PC has either had a major virus problem, a hardware failure, etc. and ended up having to spend money to get it fixed because they know nothing about PCs.

My macbook has been FLAWLESS through 3 years. I've had no technical issues or software issues too big that a simple reboot couldn't fix. I'm decently tech savvy but I haven't even had to worry about fixing my macbook because there have never been any issues with it. Back when i had a desktop PC in high school with Windows Vista i had to do something to fix a problem at least once a month, whether it be stability issues, graphical issues, freezing, etc.

Macs just work well, the fact that the hardware and software are made by the same company goes a long way as far as reliability and stability go with your machine. If you are a college student, get a mac, you won't regret it.
August 6, 2012 @ 07:06 PM
Gilly Suits

Vaio? Oh god, this is the worst thread. Why are people that throw away laptops after getting viruses recommending computers that come preloaded with lots of bloat? If you don't know how to reformat, a Vaio is not for you. They have quality components and looks, but if you don't wipe it out of the box, it's junk. Same can be said for HP, Samsung and the rest of the OEMs. I believe ASUS and Lenovo laptops come with minimal bloatware and don't need to be reformatted, but someone may correct me on this.

Basically choice should come down to trackpad. The Samsung Chronos series are top quality for looks/parts, but holy shit, WORST trackpad. However, top-tier MBP specs for ~1200.

You can actually get a VAIO without bloatware now if you buy off the site and select that option. And yes on the not needing to reformat ASUS or Lenovo as much but I'd uninstall their crapware anyways.

Concerning the trackpad, most Windows PCs have terrible trackpads so I just got a mouse which I personally like better anyways. Apple does win when it comes to trackpads.

Culective.com //

August 6, 2012 @ 07:22 PM
Norrin Radd

Yes, trust me as a college student, you will see a large amount of your non-tech savvy friends go through at least 2 different shitty PC laptops through college, while your macbook is still going strong into grad school.

Everyone I know with a PC has either had a major virus problem, a hardware failure, etc. and ended up having to spend money to get it fixed because they know nothing about PCs.

My macbook has been FLAWLESS through 3 years. I've had no technical issues or software issues too big that a simple reboot couldn't fix. I'm decently tech savvy but I haven't even had to worry about fixing my macbook because there have never been any issues with it. Back when i had a desktop PC in high school with Windows Vista i had to do something to fix a problem at least once a month, whether it be stability issues, graphical issues, freezing, etc.

Macs just work well, the fact that the hardware and software are made by the same company goes a long way as far as reliability and stability go with your machine. If you are a college student, get a mac, you won't regret it.

@pinheadlarry Apple does not make hardware

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

August 6, 2012 @ 08:39 PM
99%Shit

You mean they don't make Intel CPUs, nVidia GPUs, LG displays and all the Samsung components themselves?

narsha.narsha.narsha

August 6, 2012 @ 09:58 PM
nikebridge

@99%shit vaio's are bad computers??? stfu cuz now your talking to just talk..the whole virus scenario was deeper than that..It wipd my hard drive and would cut off after trying to log on..why would I spend $$$ to get that fixed if I can get a new one that hasnt had a virus in the years ive had it clown...
August 6, 2012 @ 10:01 PM
Norrin Radd

@nikebridge you could have just reformatted your HDD and then reinstalled windows.

August 6, 2012 @ 10:04 PM
nikebridge

fucking dumbass makin dumbass comments...when you mention junk mention an Acer or a Dell laptop...dont mention Apple or Vaio period especially when those are the main laptops you see when going around an airport or library...Like I said if my HP didnt catch the bug I would have sill had it...but once again people have these computers "because everyone in america is a follower" lmao smh
August 6, 2012 @ 10:12 PM
nikebridge

@big-perm it was like 4 yrs ago..I didnt know that at the time..If I did I would still have it because I enjoyed it honestly
August 6, 2012 @ 10:17 PM
JohnvHarrison

fucking dumbass makin dumbass comments...when you mention junk mention an Acer or a Dell laptop...dont mention Apple or Vaio period especially when those are the main laptops you see when going around an airport or library...Like I said if my HP didnt catch the bug I would have sill had it...but once again people have these computers "because everyone in america is a follower" lmao smh

Dude, you making your point that "they're the main laptops you see" means that you are a follower. You're basically saying since everyone has it, it has to be better. Which is wrong. Very wrong. Hypebeasts don't just flock to clothes, they flock to anything with hype, like macbooks. You have a million hipsters with macs and a million hypebeasts with macs it starts looking like the best option. But its not.

http://www.theyhatechange.com Beauty Squad Click on the rise #B$C Get down or lay down

August 6, 2012 @ 10:50 PM
nikebridge

@johnvharrison follower who????? I bought the mac because I WANTED ONE..nobody paid $1500 or helped out or went half..you gotta be retarded to think ima spend bills because some fuckin teenager has one or because miley cyrus is in one. FOH..your mad because you dont have one clearly. or have some personal vengeance against Apple. My whole point is its 2012..the country is in a defecit...I honestly dont see people spending thousands just because your little brother has it....then again your the type on here that talks shit but is willing to pay like 3 bills for supreme no????? o ok
August 6, 2012 @ 11:01 PM
JohnvHarrison

@johnvharrison follower who????? I bought the mac because I WANTED ONE..nobody paid $1500 or helped out or went half..you gotta be retarded to think ima spend bills because some fuckin teenager has one or because miley cyrus is in one. FOH..your mad because you dont have one clearly. or have some personal vengeance against Apple. My whole point is its 2012..the country is in a defecit...I honestly dont see people spending thousands just because your little brother has it....then again your the type on here that talks shit but is willing to pay like 3 bills for supreme no????? o ok

lol. Yes i'm totally mad because i don't have one, which is why i'm saying don't get one, not because they're clearly overpriced and inferior. you sounds like a child man. The country has also been in a "deficit" since its inception, being in debt $75,463,476 in 1791, and its never stopped people from spending money on things they don't need. i also don't own one Supreme garment, so please back up your claims with actual fact. you're losing hard here.

http://www.theyhatechange.com Beauty Squad Click on the rise #B$C Get down or lay down

August 6, 2012 @ 11:24 PM
nikebridge

@johnvharrison this is a thread on a guy that asked a simple question..I have the laptop he's contemplating about or obviously in a hard place about its price tag and if its components merit it...so you tell me how the fuck im losing herb??? sour fuck lol
August 6, 2012 @ 11:39 PM
JohnvHarrison

@johnvharrison this is a thread on a guy that asked a simple question..I have the laptop he's contemplating about or obviously in a hard place about its price tag and if its components merit it...so you tell me how the fuck im losing herb??? sour fuck lol

because you keep trying to insult the people that are doing the same as you, trying to help the OP. that's how you're losing.

August 7, 2012 @ 12:41 AM
99%Shit

@99%shit vaio's are bad computers???

How is Vaio any better than any other computer? I said is was garbage because of OEM bloat, not the look or the hardware. Hardware is hardware. Put the same mobo, CPU, GPU, and RAM in a Mac, and the same in a Vaio, they're the same computer with different OSes. My point was that if you buy a Vaio from anyone other than Sony, you're getting bloatware. Even if you get it from Sony directly, I'm imagining that you're getting an OEM version of W7, that probably has some bloat. This could be avoided buy purchasing W7 outright, but that's stupid as well.

Perhaps the OP should check Maingear for cheap, bloatware free Windows-based laptops with specs of varying degrees, some are full-on gaming rigs(ivy bridge, i7, 2+GB GPUs, etc. etc.)

narsha.narsha.narsha

August 7, 2012 @ 01:04 AM
nikebridge

@johnvharrison im not insulting anyone..I tagged homie in my post and gave him my opinion but the snarky little immature virus comments arose again due to it as if because I got a virus I dont have an opinion. babiessss. Point of the matter is help him..I have a computer im not contemplating value with due to the fact I have got my moneys worth out of it already. Simple.
August 7, 2012 @ 01:06 AM
nikebridge

@pinheadlarry my point exactly!!! lol..we are talking about longevity here..if your shit is gonna give out in 8 months why bother if you can spend a little more and never have to worry honestly...ppl are stuck on the whole "follower" thing so no one is really taking it in smh
August 7, 2012 @ 01:23 AM
itsyababyboyzilla

only thing i would say is even if you're dead set on getting a mac, the retina display version only comes in 15" and is super high end and expensive, like really the normal versions shouldn't be called pro anymore.

but if you're open to windows maybe wait til october and see what people say about windows 8.
August 7, 2012 @ 01:45 AM
JohnvHarrison

@johnvharrison im not insulting anyone..I tagged homie in my post and gave him my opinion but the snarky little immature virus comments arose again due to it as if because I got a virus I dont have an opinion. babiessss. Point of the matter is help him..I have a computer im not contemplating value with due to the fact I have got my moneys worth out of it already. Simple.

August 7, 2012 @ 02:14 AM
nikebridge

@johnvharrison herb..im not gonna sit here and post the noob shit yall been sayin..im not butt hurt..clearly you are..appologies...now move on
August 7, 2012 @ 04:43 AM
Norrin Radd

@pinheadlarry my point exactly!!! lol..we are talking about longevity here..if your shit is gonna give out in 8 months why bother if you can spend a little more and never have to worry honestly...ppl are stuck on the whole "follower" thing so no one is really taking it in smh

you can have longevity in PCs also. My parents current desktop is from '07 and runs perfectly fine, also my sister's laptop that she had for college was purchased in '04 and still ran until last year and the only reason it was replaced was because it was outdated and she wanted a newer laptop.

I'm sure there are other people that have had longevity but those are the ones I know.

but to OP, if you do not need retina display in a macbook pro then it will not be worth the money.

August 7, 2012 @ 11:17 AM
Gilly Suits

you can have longevity in PCs also. My parents current desktop is from '07 and runs perfectly fine, also my sister's laptop that she had for college was purchased in '04 and still ran until last year and the only reason it was replaced was because it was outdated and she wanted a newer laptop.

I'm sure there are other people that have had longevity but those are the ones I know.

but to OP, if you do not need retina display in a macbook pro then it will not be worth the money.

This is true my dad's desktop has just been upgraded with parts every 3 years or so but still runs. Then I am much in agreement with the Retina Display as most Windows laptops these days can be brought with Full HD IPS screens which you will think looks just as gorgeous and less money.

Culective.com //

August 8, 2012 @ 08:30 AM
Zeeks

Asus comes with shitton of bloatware.

and if you still catching viruses and shit on your PC just stop using computers in general. i have a PC 2years old still running strong and still outspeccing your piece of shit MAC.
August 9, 2012 @ 07:53 PM
stalker46ss

i plan on getting a MacAir for college theres a couple below $1199 which is my max budget. Is it any good
August 9, 2012 @ 08:06 PM
Gilly Suits

i plan on getting a MacAir for college theres a couple below $1199 which is my max budget. Is it any good

This isn't helpful. Please explain what else you do on a laptop besides school. I can give you an old clunker that can run Open Office and go on the internet w/ 2GB RAM for 50 bucks if that is all you are asking? Do you play games, use video editing or picture editing programs? Do you make music? Do you like Customization? Do you have a need for a Card slot or many USB ports? Please Repost with better description.

Culective.com //

Please login first to reply.