Is a Macbook really worth it?

Aug 05, 2012 @ 18:39
@soysaucenoodles see u still have my dick in ur mouth. The screen shot thing is a snoozer lmao. I proved my point which is all I wantd because dudes career is shot on here due to my camera shot. U must like men tho so I understand lol. Neways to say I shouldnt have an opinion on laptops because I got a virus is gay. Its like saying bank of america shudnt b a bank because they got hacked. Or Apple should stop making Iphones because they have bugs. Stfu. The point is its sn opinion thread. I have a mac and i think its a good idea for him to get one. Period. Save the hay you dell user and slowly slide off my nuts thanks
Aug 05, 2012 @ 18:41
i still use my 2006 macbook
/thread
Aug 05, 2012 @ 18:44
Fucking windows babies. I have had every type of laptop worth getting. Whatever reason they failed is irrelevant. Macs are the better computer. Yes they may have a hefty price tag but for the anount if time I have had one they never did me wrong. No overheating. Viruses. Crashes. Nothing!!! Same battery same everything. For a college student there is a reason why you see that apple logo in your library being used by kids. Its about reliability. I cant tell you how many homies I had that had a Dell or Acer and the shit crashd mid essay or some shit. Just go on cnet.com and read honest opinions about a topic like this. All your gonna get is biased opinions from teenagers who quite frankly the only time they used a mac was when they stepped foot in the apple store to make a wish list for christmas.
Aug 05, 2012 @ 18:47
@johnvharrison dude I could careless about my points and your feelings towards them. No one on here is a tech fuckin junkie. Im speaking on experience. What has actually happened. I have a mac I dont beed your avast trial bro. I see your subscribed to the thread tho because as soon as my 2nd post went up your on my first one lol. Breathe easy bro
Aug 05, 2012 @ 18:48
Fucking windows babies. I have had every type of laptop worth getting. Whatever reason they failed is irrelevant. Macs are the better computer. Yes they may have a hefty price tag but for the anount if time I have had one they never did me wrong. No overheating. Viruses. Crashes. Nothing!!! Same battery same everything. For a college student there is a reason why you see that apple logo in your library being used by kids. Its about reliability. I cant tell you how many homies I had that had a Dell or Acer and the shit crashd mid essay or some shit. Just go on cnet.com and read honest opinions about a topic like this. All your gonna get is biased opinions from teenagers who quite frankly the only time they used a mac was when they stepped foot in the apple store to make a wish list for christmas.

nikebridge be runnin this thread now
Aug 05, 2012 @ 18:52
@major lmao naw man Im jus tryna help the guy who started the thread out. I had that same question at one point in time. I been through some. So I was speakin on experience. The numbers for apple dont lie. Just a whole bunch of windows users that are upset honestly. Just like the whole ps3 vs xbox argument lol. Y would you say ps3 is way better if you have a xbox360?? Makes no sense
Aug 05, 2012 @ 19:15
Reason for failure is not irrelevant as you say. Hardware failure is the only reason a computer becomes garbage. I know just as many people that have lost a MBP to mobo failure as I do Windows laptops. If your computer 'failed' you by getting a virus, it is you that has failed, and twice over if you got rid of the laptop because of that virus.

narsha.narsha.narsha

Aug 05, 2012 @ 19:30
Exactly what JH said, this nigga nikebridge going insane over some people replying to the question. Answer is no they are not worth it for parts. You could buy the 1k i7 and the 680 it would still run cheaper and better than a MacBook.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Aug 05, 2012 @ 19:32
@johnvharrison ok tech junkie take ur ass to cnet and become a contributor bro. The whole everyone has a mac thing is so olddddddddd and playeddddd. The same reason y HTC touch screen phones are 199 and the iphone is 199 but ummmmm lol which one are YOU taking. I could careless how much of a cyber geek u are and how many robots you have built. The man askd a question. I answered it. How you feel about my response I could careless. Given that there are a ton of apple slaves I for one am not. I have done HW and tests and etc on windows based laptops. I will take my macbook unibody. Thanks tho
Aug 05, 2012 @ 19:36
@soysaucenoodles no one is going insane. Your just mot gonna bring an old ass screen shot up and say I shouldnt comment because I got a virus. Thats kid shit. As i said time and time again If he has the money and it wont be a burden go with the macbook. If not cop a Vaio. Im not gonna sit here and promote an acer or HP because they both went ape shit. No reason for me to be upset. My mac is chillin. So is your windows. So no worries lol
Aug 05, 2012 @ 19:37
Give the man some computers that would make you say no to a mac when in question then damn.
Aug 05, 2012 @ 19:42
helpful note:easiest way to get rid of a virus (or last resort) is to reformat your computer, if you dont know how to do that then your simply wasting your money buying a new laptop when all you could've done is reinstalled everything and it takes less then an hour. Trust me ive had pretty horrible viruses in the past and all i had to do was reformat.

Ive had my Vaio Laptop for over 2 years and have had no viruses, no burnout no nothing and i only payed half of what macbooks are offered for. and i can STILL do the same amount of college work from a 500$ laptop compared to a 1000+ laptop. and most colleges use Microsoft office.

Be aware Apple spends a Billion on marketing their products, so there OBVIOUSLY going to market to their consumers that there shit is way better, when you can build your own computer for Less then what they offer, same goes for DELL or ALIENWARE or all the other crap out there, your paying for Labor + parts. i just wish it was possible to build your own laptop,

you can build a Top of the line computer for less then a thousand. better then alienwares garbage.

it helps if you educate yourself in technology, better yet your future.
Aug 05, 2012 @ 19:48
@dunkinsb I can agree on your post. The whole apple marketing and Dell thing for the most part lol. I told the guy his best bet was a Vaio if he had the money. The base models are decent but most of the time u have to add space which bumps the price tag. I appreciate an unbiased opinion
Aug 05, 2012 @ 19:56
@nikebridge actually I have a MacBook Pro. -_-

As I stated earlier it's all about preference.

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

Inactive User

Aug 05, 2012 @ 20:45
Macs are extremely reliable.

This. And they're pretty easy to get adjusted to if you used to be a PC user
Aug 05, 2012 @ 21:12
@johnvharrison ok tech junkie take ur ass to cnet and become a contributor bro. The whole everyone has a mac thing is so olddddddddd and playeddddd. The same reason y HTC touch screen phones are 199 and the iphone is 199 but ummmmm lol which one are YOU taking. I could careless how much of a cyber geek u are and how many robots you have built. The man askd a question. I answered it. How you feel about my response I could careless. Given that there are a ton of apple slaves I for one am not. I have done HW and tests and etc on windows based laptops. I will take my macbook unibody. Thanks tho

actually the iphone isn't 199. probably without Contract, but what good is a phone without a plan? everytime an iphone releases its at least $400 w/contract, and the iphone 5 is gonna be upwards of $800, for a phone that isn't better. it doesnt matter if the point that i made is "olddddddd and playeedddddd" its still fact. you don't know the inner workings of computers (obviously) so you shouldn't have any say in a conversation about such.

@johnvharrison You have his backwards. It's $199 for the 16GB iPhone w/ a contract. $299 = 32Gb, and $399 = 64GB.
Without the contract it does reach up to $800.

Also contract = / = plan, I can buy an iPhone without a contract and still use the plan that I already have.

Gilly Suits
Aug 05, 2012 @ 23:06

Other PC companies have unibody designs if that is your big comeback.

http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/laptops/NP900X4C-A01US?cid=ppc-

Then HP's Envy design, the new Vizios, the new VAIOs, etc. Personally I like the Vizio unibody and Samsung one better.

Instagram: @gillysuits_

Aug 06, 2012 @ 00:20
@gilly-suits ur reaching now...nobody said shit bout the unibody being apart of my argument...its just the model of the computer..find something else to reach about brah
Aug 06, 2012 @ 00:22
@bozav @obscurities lol you would think a mac is some piece of plastic crap by the way ppl are talking..my whole point was its reliable..never had issues...if you have the extra $ go for it..but im glad there are some on here with common sense
Gilly Suits
Aug 06, 2012 @ 01:09
@gilly-suits ur reaching now...nobody said shit bout the unibody being apart of my argument...its just the model of the computer..find something else to reach about brah

I quoted you with the last thing you mentioning as a reason was the macbook unibody...

Aug 06, 2012 @ 01:40
@gilly-suits never quoted a thing...a white plastic macbook and a macbook unibody are 2 diff things..hence y I mentioned it..not because of performance but simply it is the one I have so I mentioned it
Aug 06, 2012 @ 04:13
You should ask /b/ this question
Aug 06, 2012 @ 11:47
Vaio? Oh god, this is the worst thread. Why are people that throw away laptops after getting viruses recommending computers that come preloaded with lots of bloat? If you don't know how to reformat, a Vaio is not for you. They have quality components and looks, but if you don't wipe it out of the box, it's junk. Same can be said for HP, Samsung and the rest of the OEMs. I believe ASUS and Lenovo laptops come with minimal bloatware and don't need to be reformatted, but someone may correct me on this.

Basically choice should come down to trackpad. The Samsung Chronos series are top quality for looks/parts, but holy shit, WORST trackpad. However, top-tier MBP specs for ~1200.

narsha.narsha.narsha

Aug 06, 2012 @ 16:57
Yes, trust me as a college student, you will see a large amount of your non-tech savvy friends go through at least 2 different shitty PC laptops through college, while your macbook is still going strong into grad school.

Everyone I know with a PC has either had a major virus problem, a hardware failure, etc. and ended up having to spend money to get it fixed because they know nothing about PCs.

My macbook has been FLAWLESS through 3 years. I've had no technical issues or software issues too big that a simple reboot couldn't fix. I'm decently tech savvy but I haven't even had to worry about fixing my macbook because there have never been any issues with it. Back when i had a desktop PC in high school with Windows Vista i had to do something to fix a problem at least once a month, whether it be stability issues, graphical issues, freezing, etc.

Macs just work well, the fact that the hardware and software are made by the same company goes a long way as far as reliability and stability go with your machine. If you are a college student, get a mac, you won't regret it.
Gilly Suits
Aug 06, 2012 @ 19:06
Vaio? Oh god, this is the worst thread. Why are people that throw away laptops after getting viruses recommending computers that come preloaded with lots of bloat? If you don't know how to reformat, a Vaio is not for you. They have quality components and looks, but if you don't wipe it out of the box, it's junk. Same can be said for HP, Samsung and the rest of the OEMs. I believe ASUS and Lenovo laptops come with minimal bloatware and don't need to be reformatted, but someone may correct me on this.

Basically choice should come down to trackpad. The Samsung Chronos series are top quality for looks/parts, but holy shit, WORST trackpad. However, top-tier MBP specs for ~1200.

You can actually get a VAIO without bloatware now if you buy off the site and select that option. And yes on the not needing to reformat ASUS or Lenovo as much but I'd uninstall their crapware anyways.

Concerning the trackpad, most Windows PCs have terrible trackpads so I just got a mouse which I personally like better anyways. Apple does win when it comes to trackpads.

Aug 06, 2012 @ 19:22
Yes, trust me as a college student, you will see a large amount of your non-tech savvy friends go through at least 2 different shitty PC laptops through college, while your macbook is still going strong into grad school.

Everyone I know with a PC has either had a major virus problem, a hardware failure, etc. and ended up having to spend money to get it fixed because they know nothing about PCs.

My macbook has been FLAWLESS through 3 years. I've had no technical issues or software issues too big that a simple reboot couldn't fix. I'm decently tech savvy but I haven't even had to worry about fixing my macbook because there have never been any issues with it. Back when i had a desktop PC in high school with Windows Vista i had to do something to fix a problem at least once a month, whether it be stability issues, graphical issues, freezing, etc.

Macs just work well, the fact that the hardware and software are made by the same company goes a long way as far as reliability and stability go with your machine. If you are a college student, get a mac, you won't regret it.

@pinheadlarry Apple does not make hardware

Aug 06, 2012 @ 20:39
You mean they don't make Intel CPUs, nVidia GPUs, LG displays and all the Samsung components themselves?

narsha.narsha.narsha

Aug 06, 2012 @ 21:58
@99%shit vaio's are bad computers??? stfu cuz now your talking to just talk..the whole virus scenario was deeper than that..It wipd my hard drive and would cut off after trying to log on..why would I spend $$$ to get that fixed if I can get a new one that hasnt had a virus in the years ive had it clown...
Aug 06, 2012 @ 22:01
@nikebridge you could have just reformatted your HDD and then reinstalled windows.

Aug 06, 2012 @ 22:04
fucking dumbass makin dumbass comments...when you mention junk mention an Acer or a Dell laptop...dont mention Apple or Vaio period especially when those are the main laptops you see when going around an airport or library...Like I said if my HP didnt catch the bug I would have sill had it...but once again people have these computers "because everyone in america is a follower" lmao smh
Please login first to reply.