June 7, 2012 @ 12:50 AM
thiskidfromWA

any suggestions for a decent camera. was thinking about a vx but that shit is hella expensive. what could i get for around $300-$400. im trying to like film music videos and shit.
June 7, 2012 @ 12:56 AM
The Fiasco

lol if you want cheap and are complaining about how expensive a VX, which im assuming youre talking about a vx1000 or 2000, is then you in the wroooonnnggg field bro. in that price range you can afford a go pro or a flip. don't expect amazing results though. i prolly have over a grand invested in my GH2 and I only have 2 lenses.

Chicago85 at karmaloop.com for 20% off

June 7, 2012 @ 01:11 AM
PKdaGod

info on a good camera doe? what is like a good cam to get into filming and shit, like the beginner version of that tier?
June 7, 2012 @ 01:28 AM
Samrai

theres a section for this, all been answered in the arts section

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt ≈ @NegronusPrime ≈ twitter

June 7, 2012 @ 01:41 AM
julian.

vx1mk1

julianxberman.tumblr.com /

June 7, 2012 @ 01:55 AM
The Fiasco

info on a good camera doe? what is like a good cam to get into filming and shit, like the beginner version of that tier?

For video you might as well just get a T2i so you can get the basics of exposure and all that shit. It'll be around the same price as a camcorder but you'll have more control over the image. It'll have all the inherent problems of DSLRs, moire, rolling shutter, HORRENDOUS sound recording but you'll get that DOF DSLR look that is all the rage these days. If you look around you can prolly get a T2i for around 400-500 dollars which is about what you'd pay for a camcorder. If you aren't super serious about video though just get a GoPro or a Flip. They will be cheaper but you wont have control of the aperture or get shallow DOF because the sensor is smaller.

June 7, 2012 @ 02:06 AM
Bet

For video you might as well just get a T2i so you can get the basics of exposure and all that shit. It'll be around the same price as a camcorder but you'll have more control over the image. It'll have all the inherent problems of DSLRs, moire, rolling shutter, HORRENDOUS sound recording but you'll get that DOF DSLR look that is all the rage these days. If you look around you can prolly get a T2i for around 400-500 dollars which is about what you'd pay for a camcorder. If you aren't super serious about video though just get a GoPro or a Flip. They will be cheaper but you wont have control of the aperture or get shallow DOF because the sensor is smaller.

I didn't know half the shit you just said right there, where can I go to learn about this?
June 7, 2012 @ 02:07 AM
dellzz

digital camera with video
June 7, 2012 @ 03:31 AM
thiskidfromWA

yeah i def dont want a go pro or flip. about to look into the t2i. good looks fam
June 7, 2012 @ 03:44 AM
chads

Really any low grade DSLR with video capability will be great for you at this point but just as far as video goes, I recommend Canon > Nikon.

chadacadabra.tumblr.com

June 9, 2012 @ 02:43 AM
youmeandsb

t2i or t3i,
June 9, 2012 @ 05:06 AM
linsanity

suspended

lens over body. all day.
June 13, 2012 @ 09:29 PM
The Fiasco

I didn't know half the shit you just said right there, where can I go to learn about this?

I go to film school so I'm a pretty big camera head but I learn from forums like http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussions (home of the GH2 hack) or the videography subreddits on Reddit. You can also check http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/ but the people on there are huge D bags and are super elitist so it's best to lurk and read posts.

Do not get a Nikon for video. Nikon has so many problems with video such as not changing the aperture and other shits that is a real pain in the ass to deal with. Everyone uses canon DSLRs now because they are so cheap and canon has nice glass available but I much prefer my GH2 to any canon DSLR I have used. For the price though T2i is extremely nice and you can get lenses for the canon EF mount. It's hard to find lenses for the GH2 because it's micro 4/3 format but you can get adapters and they work perfectly for the most part.

and linsanity is right. The lens is more important than the body. I would recommend going body only if you get the T2i and cop that 100 dollar 50mm f/1.8 lens to start out with. The shit kit lens has a variable aperture which is something you do not want with film, and it's not even that fast of a lens. Take the money youd save by going body only and invest in that lens. Then, depending on your budget get something a little wider and you will be banging. Rokinon 35 mm f/1.4 is a great lens too (http://www.amazon.com/Rokinon-35mm-Lens-Canon-Cameras/dp/B004X1SG12/ref=pd_bxgy_p_text_c). It's fast and with the crop factor of the T2i it will be your normal lens.

June 16, 2012 @ 11:19 AM
comixfreak

Buy a used Panasonic GH1, hack it (http://pixelphile.blogspot.no/2011/06/gh1-how-to-hack-guide.html) And enjoy mindblowing deatailed Fullhd video, that beats all Canon dslrs in terms of bitrate and sharpness.

http://comixfreak.tumblr.com

June 16, 2012 @ 03:59 PM
Panther.

Does anyone know what would be good for the $100-150 price range? Terrible price range, I know. But what's the best quality picture and video camera I can get from that?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

June 16, 2012 @ 04:37 PM
The Fiasco

Buy a used Panasonic GH1, hack it (http://pixelphile.blogspot.no/2011/06/gh1-how-to-hack-guide.html) And enjoy mindblowing deatailed Fullhd video, that beats all Canon dslrs in terms of bitrate and sharpness.

I can second this. As I have a GH2, the GH1 is a great choice for a budget.

Does anyone know what would be good for the $100-150 price range? Terrible price range, I know. But what's the best quality picture and video camera I can get from that?

At that price you are going to get nothing better than a Flip. Can't even buy a GoPro at that price.

June 17, 2012 @ 05:32 AM
Panther.

^My little brother got a cheap ass camera at Brandsmart or something for a little over 100. pics are nice. not bad but not great, but seeing if theres anything better. thanks doe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Florida State Seminole

June 17, 2012 @ 09:25 AM
comixfreak

If you browse around on ebay, for a GH1, and have a little patience you might find one for a decent price. Otherwise, the GH1s little brother, the GF1 is hackable too, dont know about video quality and such on that one though. Good Luck!

http://comixfreak.tumblr.com

June 17, 2012 @ 05:20 PM
The Fiasco

didn't wanna make a brand new thread on this but other than the t2i / t3i suggestions, because they're way out of my price range, what else would people suggest for a relatively cheap DSLR? price range around $400-500.

you can get a t2i for around 400 dollars body only if you look around. slap on the 50mm f/1.8 and you got your 500 dollars. you wont find a dslr with video for under the price of a t2i. unless you get lucky and get a gh2 on ebay daily deals like me. paid 472 bucks. fuckin steal.

July 3, 2012 @ 09:40 PM
kaleljorel71

I'm hoping to get the pentax k-x or k-r .... good entry level dslr?
July 3, 2012 @ 09:41 PM
sjohnnnn

If anyone looking for a Nikon D90 HMU for more info!

سبحان

July 4, 2012 @ 06:26 AM
The Fiasco

I'm hoping to get the pentax k-x or k-r .... good entry level dslr?

for video? no.

July 18, 2012 @ 08:24 AM
eugeneME

Canon s100, best point and shoot?

Please login first to reply.