300+ New Sale Items (Up to 80% Off Selected Brands)
May 24, 2012 @ 12:47 AM
Norrin Radd

I'm looking to buy a new monitor, I was looking at the Apple Cinema Display but I don't really want to spend that much.

Is there anything similar as to quality and looks wise?

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

May 24, 2012 @ 03:18 AM
99%Shit

It seems as though IPS displays have come down in price a fair bit. Looks-wise, you probably won't find anything better than the ACD. When it comes to build and image quality, most tend to do the trick. I think the ACDs have a higher native res than some of the cheaper offerings, but if you can deal with 1920 x 1200, go with non-Apple.

Personally, if I were to buy one today, I would probably go with the ASUS PA246Q. I don't know if there are any offerings out there that offer this level of 'bang for buck'. (Admittedly, I haven't researched too much.) I have been nothing but impressed with ASUS products that I, or friends have owned. 3 year rapid replacement with free 2-way shipping seems like icing on the cake if you use the monitor for work. I think you could get two of these for roughly the price of a 30" ACD. That's 48" of real estate, and each monitor can display images from multiple signals(with quick switching, this could be an amazing feature.

narsha.narsha.narsha

May 30, 2012 @ 02:06 AM
╒rozzy

Since you want something similar to the 2560x1440 Apple Cinema Display but you don't want to break the bank, look at the Yamakasi Catleap Q270, Crossover 27Q, Shimian qh270 etc...

Basically they're all small brands from Korea, BUT they use the same exact LG IPS panels that the Apple Cinema Displays Use, and they're under $400. The LG panels they use are rejections from Apple but from what I have read, no one has had any issues with these monitors. For more research
http://www.overclock.net/t/1225919/yamakasi-catleap-monitor-club/4220

Please login first to reply.