Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
June 5, 2012 @ 03:46 PM
Black Donald Trump

anyone have a htc sensation? how is it?
June 6, 2012 @ 03:45 AM
Norrin Radd

Samsung Galaxy Note II... is rumored for a fall release.

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

June 6, 2012 @ 01:25 PM
Norrin Radd

June 8, 2012 @ 02:31 PM
Norrin Radd

June 27, 2012 @ 03:20 PM
dsofreshhhy

Went from an iPhone to the new HTC one s and I don't regret it at all. Much slimmer, just as good as the 4s. The only thing I can complain about is the front camera is horrible and t-mobiles 4g is really not fast at all. But besides that I love it
June 29, 2012 @ 11:58 PM
tds103

i have the htc evo 3d and i really dig it, but i have been an android freak for a long time. I just really like how much you can customize your phone to how you want it. That is why i stay with droid, but the battery life is the only i dont like but w/e.
July 1, 2012 @ 12:39 AM
backlikethat

"Apple lands preliminary ban against Samsung Galaxy Nexus in the US (update: search patent the key)"

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/29/apple-lands-preliminary-ban-against-samsung-galaxy-nexus/
July 1, 2012 @ 12:40 AM
backlikethat

"Apple ain't $@%& man they are so scared of Android its ridiculous no matter how many iPhones they sell they will still feel inferior against the top of the line android handsets. Since these dudes want to be patent trolls and sue Google repeatedly why hasn't Google filed a patent violation for that weak #$$ android notification ripoff in iOS5 ?"

What someone wrote from NT... completely agree.
July 9, 2012 @ 12:10 AM
ksj

"Apple ain't $@%& man they are so scared of Android its ridiculous no matter how many iPhones they sell they will still feel inferior against the top of the line android handsets. Since these dudes want to be patent trolls and sue Google repeatedly why hasn't Google filed a patent violation for that weak #$$ android notification ripoff in iOS5 ?"

What someone wrote from NT... completely agree.

Only on HB would you be a mod.
July 13, 2012 @ 04:07 AM
Cybrax2

"Apple lands preliminary ban against Samsung Galaxy Nexus in the US (update: search patent the key)"

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/29/apple-lands-preliminary-ban-against-samsung-galaxy-nexus/

As a result Unlocked Nexus are 350 on google's page! With Jellybean!
July 15, 2012 @ 07:08 PM
dweeb813

Any good holiday phone releases coming up?

Supreme Futura 5 Panel Red 70 shipped

July 15, 2012 @ 11:38 PM
backlikethat

.... still waiting for the Jellybean update for my Verizon GNex
July 16, 2012 @ 04:05 AM
Jokez

Any good holiday phone releases coming up?

All I could think of is the Galaxy Note II and the new Nexus phone.

ever done a transaction with me? leave some feedback! http://hypebeast.com/forums/buyerseller-feedback/feedback-jokez

July 16, 2012 @ 02:08 PM
99%Shit

We won't see 'better' phones until they get a lot of the 'powerhouse' SoCs to start working with LTE. All the North American networks are really pushing for LTE. Personally, I don't see the big deal, I'm content with HSPA+, and iOS users still have 3G ffs, but the carriers rule over here. I would have much rather had a SGSIII with a quadcore Exynos SoC on HSPA+ than the S4 Krait with LTE, which is kind of why I'm saving my contract extension for a later date. So until those chips work with the new networks, expect phone improvements to be OEM apps, displays and RAM. If only they'd work on batteries, seems they all think <2000mah is enough juice.

narsha.narsha.narsha

July 27, 2012 @ 08:44 PM
Dubs_204

If you want the GREATEST Android experience, get the HTC One X and call it a day.

I concur with the above statement.
July 27, 2012 @ 08:47 PM
Dubs_204

As soon as I got my galaxy nexus, I thought it was massive.
Now that I'm used to it, iPhones seem so tiny.

This is so true. I don't think I could ever go back to an iPhone.
July 28, 2012 @ 03:50 AM
TheBeatNut

If you want the GREATEST Android experience, get the HTC One X and call it a day.

How is the camera on this phone compared to the iPhone? Thanks.

"They Throwin' Hate At Me"

July 28, 2012 @ 08:07 PM
Dubs_204

Most people say it's better than the 4S and Galaxy SIII.
July 29, 2012 @ 10:30 PM
TheBeatNut

Most people say it's better than the 4S and Galaxy SIII.

@dubs_204 Do you know how the battery life on that phone is? I have a T-Mo G2 and the battery life sucks balls.

"They Throwin' Hate At Me"

July 30, 2012 @ 01:49 AM
99%Shit

As soon as I got my galaxy nexus, I thought it was massive.
Now that I'm used to it, iPhones seem so tiny.

This is so true. I don't think I could ever go back to an iPhone.

This. Also, we Android users complain about phones with large/ugly bezels, but forget that, every iP4(S) I see with the full Otter box looks disgusting. Sunken in screen, and so the screen is so tiny when you see the bezel and an extra 3-4mm of case.

I also don't know how iP users deal with 3G. Was maybe 15 minutes out of town last night/today, and both iP4(Bell and Rogers) that were there had little to no reception, and it's only 3G when they did have a bar, whereas my Atrix(Bell) and buddy's SGS2(Virgin) had 2-4 bars of HSPA+. Even the BB could get 3G out there.

Battery life with all Android phones tends to suck until you do some fine tuning. Radio widgets(one-click activate/deactivate) and a power management can easily help you get to a full day's usage. I use 'Battery Widget Reborn', it's holo-themed so it blends well with the ICS/JB UI and has the best stats display I've ever seen. When I first got my phone last year, I could barely get an 8 hr shift out of it, now I can do a 9-6 shift and get home with 40%, if I use turn on airplane between breaks, I can leave with 60-70, I have my refresh rates at the lowest for all apps, so it eats a lot of juice while 'idle' if I don't.

narsha.narsha.narsha

July 30, 2012 @ 08:19 PM
Norrin Radd

I also don't know how iP users deal with 3G. Was maybe 15 minutes out of town last night/today, and both iP4(Bell and Rogers) that were there had little to no reception, and it's only 3G when they did have a bar, whereas my Atrix(Bell) and buddy's SGS2(Virgin) had 2-4 bars of HSPA+. Even the BB could get 3G out there.

I think this would depend on the person's provider, because I always have good reception on 3G (AT&T)

July 31, 2012 @ 12:36 AM
99%Shit

Well, the Bell iP was unable to get signal while my Bell phone was getting decent hspa+ the whole time. The Virgin phone was solid too, and Virgin is under Bell here in Canada. The BB was fido, and the other iP was Rogers, which is the parent of fido. Hypothetically, we should have all had similar service, if anything the hspa+ devices should have been hindered. :/ I know I'd be bitching if I had that issue, they should too. Hopefully iP5 is LTE and Apple doesn't screw iOS users with hspa+21 when 42/LTE is the standard nowadays.

narsha.narsha.narsha

August 1, 2012 @ 06:03 PM
Norrin Radd

^^^ I completely agree, I'm guessing that the iPhone 5 will be LTE since The New iPad is, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'm actually debating about switching over to an Android phone but since I'm not sure yet

August 2, 2012 @ 04:27 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

for batt life..have you guys tried using it till it dies then charging it completely with the phone off? I did that several times with my old G1 and MyTouch and it improved the battery life.

I'm not sure if that's something that works on all battery types but it worked for what ever battery came in those two phones
August 5, 2012 @ 03:48 PM
99%Shit

for batt life..have you guys tried using it till it dies then charging it completely with the phone off? I did that several times with my old G1 and MyTouch and it improved the battery life.

I'm not sure if that's something that works on all battery types but it worked for what ever battery came in those two phones

It doesn't work on the battery types you listed. It's actually smarter to never let a li-ion battery run 'dry'. I think most of the devices are designed to not let this happen. Li-ion batteries aren't 'trainable', there's no memory. Odds are your Android devices received updates, or you got rid of a datahogging app, those are the type of things that improve battery life for li-ion batteries.

My battery life went from 6-8 hours(with a battery saver app on stock motoblur FroYo/GB) to about 9-10 after the switch to 4.0.3(CM9), about another hour with 4.0.4(CM9) and up to 12+ with my current 4.1.1(CM10) setup. I can stretch it much further if I use airplane mode during work hours, takes 15-20 seconds for the radios to power back up on breaks/lunch. This is with a Li-Pol battery though.

narsha.narsha.narsha

August 13, 2012 @ 09:38 PM
Vancouver

What do you guys think about the Galaxy Nexus? too late to cop? Obviously the new phones are better but its $300 now and I cant afford a $600 S3
August 14, 2012 @ 02:58 AM
backlikethat

What do you guys think about the Galaxy Nexus? too late to cop? Obviously the new phones are better but its $300 now and I cant afford a $600 S3

? you mean it's 300 without a contract?
The galaxy nexus is up to par with the S3. Esp since it's getting Jellybean before
any other Android phones.

But it's not worth $300... just buy with a contract... it'll be cheaper.
August 14, 2012 @ 03:17 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

It doesn't work on the battery types you listed. It's actually smarter to never let a li-ion battery run 'dry'. I think most of the devices are designed to not let this happen. Li-ion batteries aren't 'trainable', there's no memory. Odds are your Android devices received updates, or you got rid of a datahogging app, those are the type of things that improve battery life for li-ion batteries.

My battery life went from 6-8 hours(with a battery saver app on stock motoblur FroYo/GB) to about 9-10 after the switch to 4.0.3(CM9), about another hour with 4.0.4(CM9) and up to 12+ with my current 4.1.1(CM10) setup. I can stretch it much further if I use airplane mode during work hours, takes 15-20 seconds for the radios to power back up on breaks/lunch. This is with a Li-Pol battery though.

thing is, it did work...My phone would lose about 20% batt. life in like two hrs just sitting in my pocket. I did the batt thing and it was fine. I had read to do it on some site which i can't remember.
August 14, 2012 @ 02:19 PM
99%Shit

You can think it works all you want, but it was something else that caused you to gain battery life. Li-ion batteries do not get better if drained completely, it is in fact BAD for them as they are to retain voltage at all times. You must have gotten rid of a background process that was constantly running. Or the times you were losing that much battery, you were just powering off the screen with FB running, that used to kill my battery before I realised what was happening. Look up how li-ion batteries work.

narsha.narsha.narsha

August 14, 2012 @ 06:11 PM
Vancouver

? you mean it's 300 without a contract?
The galaxy nexus is up to par with the S3. Esp since it's getting Jellybean before
any other Android phones.

But it's not worth $300... just buy with a contract... it'll be cheaper.

yeah problem is I have a pretty good contract atm. I'd rather spend more on the phone than a new more expensive contract where I'm locked in for a few years. my phone broke just yesterday so I'll probably just get it.

Please login first to reply.