HALLOWEEN SALE - UP TO 25% OFF - USE CODE: NOTRICKS14 (24 HOURS LEFT)
April 16, 2012 @ 11:11 PM
Spec3

iPad Mini

NetEase claimed that the device will be released around the third quarter of this year to "counter attack" the upcoming Windows tablets. The report further claims that the devices will cost anywhere from US$249 to $299 and that there will be an initial 6 million units ready for launch.

April 16, 2012 @ 11:36 PM
PlatinumRespect

it will certainly succeed because it's apple, but i think its a bad move.

if anything, i see them releasing a mini ipad next to the next ipad launch - so customers can have the choice.
April 17, 2012 @ 10:15 AM
november

when is the third quarter for apple anyways, date wise..
April 17, 2012 @ 06:39 PM
Spec3

I'd say its around October
April 18, 2012 @ 12:17 AM
zilong

I really don't think this will happen. I think this is Apple pulling some sleight of hand on the rest of us. They are pretty sneaky after all.

http://topiphone4scases.com

April 23, 2012 @ 10:09 AM
emilesmith

suspended

Thats looking really nice...thanks for sharing such a beautiful picture
April 23, 2012 @ 10:59 AM
young idiot

why would they cannibalise the ipod touch in this way? i guess maybe if they wanna get rid of ipods altogether seeing as how ipads better embody their whole integration thing. and they have 3g so apple can charge more.

hmm.
April 23, 2012 @ 11:23 AM
Kennyken747

Eh...not really excited at all for this but it's good for people who can't afford the bigger models. I never really liked iOS, but I am an OS X fanboy.

I'm much more looking forward to these new Macbooks about to drop. On top of Ivy Bridge..son if they're gonna have the next-gen Retina displays like all the evidence is pointing to, it's a wrap.
April 23, 2012 @ 04:20 PM
Spec3

^^^ also waiting for the new MBPs, I was going to do a SSD and HDD in my current MBP but I want to wait to see the new ones before I actually decide.
April 29, 2012 @ 06:20 AM
Norrin Radd

^^ weird I heard a rumor of an iPhone 5 last year

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

July 9, 2012 @ 01:05 AM
Norrin Radd

July 9, 2012 @ 01:47 AM
Trollinator

smh

I want to see the world burn

July 9, 2012 @ 02:23 AM
sublime

if anything, i see them releasing a mini ipad next to the next ipad launch - so customers can have the choice.

that'd be retarded. why release two products at the same time? they space them out to increase sales.
July 9, 2012 @ 03:24 AM
chief

that'd be retarded. why release two products at the same time? they space them out to increase sales.

was just about to say this. common sense

•••

October 1, 2012 @ 03:30 AM
TheyHateChange

Would be nice to see this come out. Can't really say to much cause apple rumors are the worst . Soon after I heard about this later on I was reading that apple was also coming out with a wide-screen iPad (-_-) and regardless of what happens their gonna make bank anyways
October 2, 2012 @ 11:59 PM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

itd be gay if it turns out to be an enlarged iTouch...

why u ask? cuz iPad is too damn expensive and there are many good 7 inch tablets including Google Nexus 7 which is really cheap so they want to stay ahead of the tablet market.

also there are many ppl who think the iPad is too large... I personally dont agree with it tho.

I'm excited to see what it'll be like

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

October 3, 2012 @ 03:28 AM
Norrin Radd

isn't the iPad already an enlarged iTouch?

Would be nice to see this come out. Can't really say to much cause apple rumors are the worst . Soon after I heard about this later on I was reading that apple was also coming out with a wide-screen iPad (-_-) and regardless of what happens their gonna make bank anyways

not really sure where you get your Apple rumors at but I would use MacRumors the things that they post on there are fairly accurate.

October 3, 2012 @ 09:09 AM
bsum

yes the mini iPad is unveiled in October and goes on sale at the beginning of November.

yes it will be a success there is already a huge market for this size tablet.

yes the fact that the price tag is lower than the full size tablet is very relevant to why the iPad mini will be a success, it will be available to those who have opted for other brands tablets because they couldn't afford or didn't want to spend on a full size iPad.

then you have the folks like me, who can afford a full size iPad but who never wanted one that size. I have a Macbook pro, I have an iTouch, I have an iPhone....I don't need a full size iPad. What I do want is a smaller version of the iPad that will make it more mobile. The iPhone isn't big enough to watch movies and videos and surf comfortably on. I want the option to do that on a smaller iPad...because I'd rather carry it more regularly than my Macbook.

Mobility!
October 7, 2012 @ 09:36 PM
cindyxiu

suspended

Not sure if that article is accurate. I submit tip several time weeks ago to 9to5mac and engadget, and they dont post as tip/rumor...

i may be wrong

edit 10/8

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/10/01/rumor-ipad-mini-invitations-set-to-be-mailed-out-oct-10/

wtb: small supreme outerwear

October 16, 2012 @ 02:16 AM
CHOPZZBISCUIT

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2012/10/15/ipad-mini-will-come-in-black-white-13-inch-macbook-pro-retina-confirmed/
^ it includes the possible price tags and etc.

it looks like it'll still cost a limb, but u can get that LTE connectivity

Kayv: pull bitches, not triggers. throw parties, not fists. futurebass : my mom said life is like a box of kimchi. chopzz.tumblr.com

October 16, 2012 @ 04:06 AM
Norrin Radd

not sure why people are expecting the higher storage models to be cheap.

the base models are around the price that I expected

October 16, 2012 @ 04:33 AM
99%Shit

Because storage prices drop monthly, yet we as consumers never see any trickle down of that. If 64GB of NAND flash is <$100(probably closer to ~80 and way less at wholesale rates), why is there a $300 jump from 8GB to 64GB? From 8GB to 16GB, you're paying over $10/GB, that's some year 2000 shit. The fact that anything but off-brand bare-bones electronics are releasing with less than 32GB is absurd. We need to complain, we need to get the companies to realise that we WON'T pay exorbitant rates for increased local storage, ESPECIALLY with no option for expandable memory. However, people WILL buy the cheaper devices because they WANT the newest device, but don't wanna pay too much. That kills it.

narsha.narsha.narsha

October 16, 2012 @ 04:41 AM
stupefyer

smh
October 16, 2012 @ 05:12 PM
99%Shit

Well, Google kinda listened, 32GB N7(Wi-Fi) is dropping soon, reportedly at $249, a full $200 less than that Mini pricing.

narsha.narsha.narsha

October 16, 2012 @ 05:47 PM
Norrin Radd

Because storage prices drop monthly, yet we as consumers never see any trickle down of that. If 64GB of NAND flash is <$100(probably closer to ~80 and way less at wholesale rates), why is there a $300 jump from 8GB to 64GB? From 8GB to 16GB, you're paying over $10/GB, that's some year 2000 shit. The fact that anything but off-brand bare-bones electronics are releasing with less than 32GB is absurd. We need to complain, we need to get the companies to realise that we WON'T pay exorbitant rates for increased local storage, ESPECIALLY with no option for expandable memory. However, people WILL buy the cheaper devices because they WANT the newest device, but don't wanna pay too much. That kills it.

I get that but its Apple, and people will buy Apple products regardless of price.

October 16, 2012 @ 06:31 PM

Inactive

invites went out today.

23rd

iPad Mini (or iPad Air)
New iMac (teardrop)
Updated iPad
Mac mini update
13 mac book pro retina

med. dp tnf/400+fees. hmu

November 1, 2012 @ 10:32 PM
floww

ubber shit, Apple needs to stop launching products like this...

next time what? iPad Mini XS? let me guess, oh wait... it will turn out to be an iPod Nano cuz it got so small...

useless product is useless.

inb4 saying im mad, im not xD

I both love Apple and Microsoft so shame on you people who can't get both of both worlds! Call me Hannah Montana if you want to :3

''Sarcasm: the ability to insult idiots without them realizing it.''

November 1, 2012 @ 11:56 PM
Norrin Radd

@floww

I don't see how its useless?

There is a market for 7" tablets (I know the iPad Mini isn't a 7" tablet) and Apple clearly wants part of it.

Also there could be people who have been holding off on tablets because they wanted an iPad but wanted something smaller.

November 2, 2012 @ 08:37 PM
floww

@MindEraser

hmm, are you sure who wanted an iPad didn't buy it yet? :s

but i get your point

''Sarcasm: the ability to insult idiots without them realizing it.''

November 4, 2012 @ 08:48 PM
tkisbadluck

i want a tablet just because I can afford to get one..i really don't have any use for it. but i think i may opt for a galaxy note or tab because of the cheaper price PLUS the micro sd slot...that option for expandable space is really becoming the nail in the coffin. im going to wait for black friday though.

WTB SUPREME PIN DOT NAVY MEDIUM / SUPREME CAIRO HOODIE MEDIUM

Please login first to reply.