Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
March 27, 2011 @ 09:38 AM
PlatinumRespect

I've compiled a list with links and descriptions to my favorite Firefox Add-Ons that I think everyone should have, because it just makes browsing so much faster and more efficiant. Please add your own to the list. Also, provide a description of what the add-on does so others can look into it.

*With the recent update to Firefox 4, some Add-Ons are not compatible at the moment.

**ADD-ONS THAT EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE**

Adblock Plus - Annoyed by adverts? Troubled by tracking? Bothered by banners? Install Adblock Plus now to regain control of the internet and change the way that you view the web.

Anonymouse - Right click on any link (NSFW especially) click "Open Anonymously", and it auto proxys it in a new tab, even if that site is blocked. *I recommend using the ad remover script below, via Greasemonkey*
[LIST]
Anonymouse.org Remove Banner - Removes the anoying banner ad that follows you on every page while using Anonymouse. (This is a script for Greasemonkey - For more information, look below)[/LIST]

AutoPager - AutoPager automatically loads next pages when you reach the end of a page.

Download Statusbar - View and manage downloads from a tidy statusbar - without the download window getting in the way of your web browsing.

FastestFox - Highlight anything, and with one click, autoseach it in Google, Youtube, Twitter, Wikipedia, etc. *Super useful*

Greasemonkey - Customize the way a web page displays or behaves. Some of my favorite scripts: (Found at userscripts.org/)
[LIST]

[*]Better Amazon - Removes Ads, cleans the page, makes sections collapsible, adds Amazon Average Rating to the title, and packs lots of information into one screenful!
-
[*]My eBay auto-forward - Script to forward the browser from the my-ebay guest page to the real page.
-
[*]My eBay autologin - Automatically submits the My eBay login form (and checks the "Keep me signed in" box) if your username and password were automatically filled in.
-
[*]No MSN on Hotmail Signout - Stops hotmail redirecting you to msn when you sign out
-
[*]Windows Live Ad Remover - Removes the ads from Windows Live Mail (Hotmail).
-
[*]Youtube "Lights Out" - Turn the lights out for easier watching of YouTube videos!
-
[*]Youtube Auto Buffer & Auto HD & Remove Ads - Buffers the video without autoplaying, removes in-video ads, and puts it in HD if the option is on.
-
[*]Youtube Cinema Size Enlarger - Autoscrolls Youtube player to top and resize the video to a nice and comfortable size.
-
[*]Youtube Simple Links - Removes unnecessary parameters from links like feature=channel.[/LIST]

Hotmail Watcher - Watch for your new Hotmail and report to you in status-bar. Check Hotmail at specific interval. Neither username nor password is need. No sensitive information storage.

ImageShack Right-Click - Right click on an image >> "Upload to ImageShack"

LastPass Password Manager - Free online password manager and Form Filler that makes your web browsing easier and more secure.

McAfee SiteAdvisor - With SiteAdvisor you can search website safety reports, site ratings and community reviews from the McAfee SiteAdvisor website.

Rights To Close - Close your current tab by simply double right clicking anywhere on the screen.

SkipScreen - Skips unnecessary pages on sites like Rapidshare, Megaupload, zShare, Mediafire, and more.

SmoothWheel - Scrolls the page smoothly when scrolling the mouse wheel (or keyboard arrows if enabled).

Speed Dial - Direct access to your most visited websites

Tab Mix Plus - Tab Mix Plus enhances Firefox's tab browsing capabilities. It includes such features as duplicating tabs, controlling tab focus, tab clicking options, undo closed tabs and windows, plus much more.

Toolbar Buttons - A button pack for Firefox, Thunderbird and Sunbird.

Classic Compact - A very clean and compact theme with classic arrow buttons that minimizes space consumed by menu, tool, tab, find and status bars without hurting the overall usability.

Favicon Picker - Change your bookmark icons! Right-click a bookmark, and select "Properties", then "Browse" for a new image or paste in a URL.

Multirow Bookmarks Toolbar - Your bookmarks toolbar uses multiple rows instead of having a drop down menu.

MyWords - Handy extension that can be used to save common words and phrases you use often for easy typing.

Tiny Menu
- Replace the standard menu bar with a tiny menu popup.

[Updated 5/15/11]
March 27, 2011 @ 10:04 AM
airforce416

coolnice post
thanks
March 27, 2011 @ 12:44 PM
It's Only Hype

you write this up? props
March 27, 2011 @ 12:49 PM
PlatinumRespect

^ lol yup. got bored as fuck at work so decided to help the HB fam
March 27, 2011 @ 01:20 PM
TRILL Bill

dope list cool
March 27, 2011 @ 01:56 PM
deegee

dope list. should be stickied and updated when new shit comes out!

http://www.prevailco.com

March 27, 2011 @ 02:24 PM
Lord Quas

Good post!
March 27, 2011 @ 02:51 PM
TonyBG

always was to lazy to look this up on my own thanks a lot. chrome fucks up on my computer a lot fors ome reason been thinking of going back to FF this confirms it
March 27, 2011 @ 02:58 PM
drewster

Cool stuff. Some on the addons you mention are a but useless and is too much but, hey to each his own
March 27, 2011 @ 03:24 PM
ⓜⓘⓝⓓⓔⓡⓐⓢⓔⓡ

whats the point of the download status bar when it tells you your download status in the bottom right corner?

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

March 27, 2011 @ 06:59 PM
calintz

nice write up

was looking to move from chrome, back to firefox, and this is what i needed
March 27, 2011 @ 06:59 PM
PlatinumRespect

whats the point of the download status bar when it tells you your download status in the bottom right corner?

i had this before FF4, so i couldnt really tell u the difference. idk if they changed the dl thing in FF4 or not, cause download status bar is still active for me lol
March 27, 2011 @ 07:29 PM
tmwtg

Good list.

I also recommend NoScript for dudes who are wary of viruses/malware.
March 27, 2011 @ 09:37 PM
ⓜⓘⓝⓓⓔⓡⓐⓢⓔⓡ

i had this before FF4, so i couldnt really tell u the difference. idk if they changed the dl thing in FF4 or not, cause download status bar is still active for me lol

well even in the old version of FireFox it told you how many downloads were going and an estimated time left for them.

Lil JoJo : i really want rizal! 13:10

March 29, 2011 @ 01:23 PM
PlatinumRespect

well even in the old version of FireFox it told you how many downloads were going and an estimated time left for them.

i added this add-on because whenever i would dl stuff, it would open a new window for my current and past downloads. i guess they fixed it so it was all done within he broswers one window?
March 29, 2011 @ 01:29 PM
Trollinator

downloaded a few

good post

I want to see the world burn

March 30, 2011 @ 12:46 PM
elusion

tineye
April 4, 2011 @ 11:17 PM
endatteTon

Firefox Official Discussion Thread
You guys you guys the reason we didnt test the more common ones like IE, Chrome or Safari is because we dont need to. Theres absolutely no way either of those three browsers would be faster then Opera, lettalone Firefox. This was simply about comparing the two browswers which are undoubtably the fastest.
April 18, 2011 @ 06:43 PM
PlatinumRespect

has anyone found an add-on that is reliable and consistent in notifying you when you have a new facebook IM or notification, and are in a different tab? (4.0 preferably)

it comes up in the FB tab when its open, but its very inconsistent.
April 18, 2011 @ 07:05 PM
GOLDENi

I'm sorry but...

FUCK ERRRTHANG ELSE ♥♥♥♥♥!!!
April 19, 2011 @ 01:44 AM
PlatinumRespect

sounds like something google chrome does by default.

lol!!! firefox does it too by default. only time i notice its unreliable is when im at work. their router and connection is a piece of shit and always has problems. so i want an addon to fix it for that reason.
April 23, 2011 @ 09:35 AM
Amilius

Great post (: I have been using Adblock Plus since forever and it definitely helps with security and browsing around ad-ful websites lol
April 25, 2011 @ 05:09 PM
MrImFukNSleepN

Nice post let me add a few.

This add on works well with downloading any streaming media.

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/

Web Of Trust WOT, basically tells you whether a site is legit or not.
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/wot-safe-browsing-tool/

Makes extracting youtube videos in various formats convenient.
addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/easy-youtube-video-downl-10137/
May 15, 2011 @ 04:44 PM
PlatinumRespect

Updated the list today with a new Greasemonkey extension that takes the annoying banner off of "Anonymouse" pages.

Anonymouse - Right click on any link (NSFW especially) click "Open Anonymously", and it auto proxys it in a new tab, even if that site is blocked. *I recommend using the ad remover script below, via Greasemonkey*
[LIST]
Anonymouse.org Remove Banner - Removes the anoying banner ad that follows you on every page while using Anonymouse. (This is a script for Greasemonkey - For more information, look below)[/LIST]
November 10, 2011 @ 06:23 AM
Ka Yue

Developer of Hypebeast.

December 29, 2011 @ 10:09 AM
cocomis

In past I used Firefox. Now I prefer Chrome. Why? Because with Firefox my computer was slow and all the time FF has some error. It like be grey and don't response.

mycenturio.com

March 17, 2012 @ 10:58 PM
selllyu

so much better than IE
March 23, 2012 @ 06:47 AM
extrajake

Does anyone have an absurd amount of ads between Facebook statuses? I though it was normal but when my friends saw it they said it was way too much.

There’s one between every two news stories. Is this some adware problem. Does anyone know how to get rid of it?

This problem only seems to be happening when I use Firefox too. Hypedeast same thing
April 23, 2012 @ 07:19 PM
Kennyken747

Lol I use Firefox Nightly. It's extremely fast, much faster than both normal Firefox and Chrome.

nightly.mozilla.org

I use the Lastpass and Firebug extensions religiously.
http://getfirebug.com/
April 23, 2012 @ 07:24 PM
Spec3

more info on Firefox Nightly

Please login first to reply.