Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
November 16, 2011 @ 06:23 AM
DC RA

If Pac really wants to fight Mayweather he can tell Arum. Arum is only trying to generate the most revenue he possibly can before Pac loses. After this fight though, I doubt Pac wants any part of Mayweather.
November 16, 2011 @ 09:10 AM
Third Eye Jedi

lol @ all the the flips at work and in general using Marquez's "foot trick" as the reason why pacquiao got schooled,most of these people have never seen a boxing fight before Pac. soutpaws vs orthodox= head clashing and feet stepping bound to happen and forget to mention how Marquez is 6 years older and had to move up two weight classes to fight. I hope Mayweather clobbers pacquiao into retirement and takes his pactards with him. Filipino's are seriously the worst "boxing fans" ever.
November 16, 2011 @ 05:00 PM
Ducis

My first reaction when watching the fight live was that Marquez got robbed. I thought he got the cleaner shots throughout and frustrated Pacquiao. I just got done watching the fight once again with a clear head and unbiased scoring ( I was rooting for Marquez) and my scorecard came out to a 114 -114 draw. I still think Marquez got the cleaner and stronger shots in and it bothers me that so many people and judges give rounds because of the volume of punches thrown/landed. Many of Pacquiao's shots were weak and more to judge distance. Marquez did a great job of stepping back not because of Pacmans power but to avoid punches. Both men had their moments and a few of the rounds could have gone either way. I gave those rounds to Pacquiao but if not then Marquez would have won a close one. Beristein should not have told Marquez that he was winning the fight but Manny was told to put Marquez on his ass and also did not do much to deserve the win either.

On another note this whole bullshit about Marquez stepping on Pacquiaos foot is so stupid! It is quite common when a southpaw fights a conventional fighter. If stupid shit like that is going to be brought up then why is it that no one even mentioned Pacquiao deliberately spitting out his mouth piece?

Mayweather tears Pacqiao up if they ever fight!
November 16, 2011 @ 05:07 PM
DonPedro

In the eloquent words of Roger mayweather, "A motherfucka ain't ever gonna win shit backin up all the time".
November 16, 2011 @ 05:16 PM
Ducis

In the eloquent words of Roger mayweather, "A motherfucka ain't ever gonna win shit backin up all the time".

I agree completely however my comment was directed at people stating that Pacquiao was effectively being aggressive. Secondly isn't that how Floyd wins his fights by avoiding punches and counter punching?
November 16, 2011 @ 06:56 PM
jaded

I agree completely however my comment was directed at people stating that Pacquiao was effectively being aggressive. Secondly isn't that how Floyd wins his fights by avoiding punches and counter punching?

Yeah, that's exactly how Floyd fights. I'm not sure why people here keep Mayweather on such a pedestal.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

November 16, 2011 @ 06:58 PM
randysav

SCHAEFER and ELLERBE fires back at Arum...
[SIZE="4"]Mayweather vs Pacquiao: Floyd Finally Takes Upper Hand in Ongoing Press Battle
[/SIZE]

Manny Pacquiao's public approval rating has taken a bit of a hit the last three days. (Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)

Manny Pacquiao's public approval rating has taken a bit of a hit the last three days.

After three years of talking and taunting, grand boasts, failed negotiations and attempts to gain the upper hand by both sides, it looks like we've reached a turning point: Floyd Mayweather Jr may be winning the press battle against Team Pacquiao, and it might be getting a little one-sided.

Let me make this clear to start: This is mostly not about Manny Pacquiao. The two fighters have both spoken less than their representatives. For Manny, it's been Bob Arum, Freddie Roach, and even Alex Ariza. For Floyd, we've had Leonard Ellerbe yapping a lot, plus Golden Boy heads Richard Schaefer and Oscar De La Hoya, who would co-promote the fight even though Floyd doesn't officially work for them.

Pacquiao has long been pressed by media to "call out" Mayweather, to make a bold stand. "Yes, I want to fight him," is what we've wanted Pacquiao to say. But the best he's ever mustered up in that regard is, "Let's give the people what they want." It's the same, but it's not.

Now, Mayweather has also never really clearly stated, "I want to fight Manny Pacquiao. I want Manny Pacquiao!" Like Pacquiao, he's said it, but he hasn't. More often, Ellerbe says that Floyd said it. But Mayweather, whose team is savvier and less blunt than Arum in particular, has made a greater declaration of desire than Team Pacquiao.

One statement in particular gets Pacquiao criticized over and over: "I'll fight whoever Bob Arum/Top Rank/my promoter puts in front of me."

Yes, we know. But shouldn't the money man pull the strings? If he wants Mayweather, why doesn't he force the issue?

Star-divide

The spin today is all Mayweather, quite frankly, and Manny and Co. are reeling on the ropes. Top Rank has officially told the other side they won't be negotiating to have Pacquiao fight Mayweather on May 5, opting instead to try to make a fourth fight with Juan Manuel Marquez. There are ways to understand this, and yet it's still so easy to just say, "Well, that's it. Top Rank clearly doesn't want this fight."

That's exactly what Team Mayweather is saying right now, too. From ESPN.com:

[SIZE="4"] "I am sick and tired of Bob Arum twisting the truth. It's another case of 'yesterday I was lying, today I'm telling the truth,' " Schaefer said, invoking Arum's most famous quote. "The truth of the matter is that we received this afternoon an email from retired federal judge Daniel Weinstein, who has informed us that Top Rank is pursuing a rematch with Marquez and, therefore, is not interested in immediate talks for a possible Mayweather-Pacquiao fight. This is obviously as clear as it can be that they have no intentions of making a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight. Therefore, Floyd Mayweather will have no other choice than to move on and identify and lock in another opponent for his ring return on May 5."

... "In my opinion, you have three cowards -- Bob Arum, (Pacquiao trainer) Freddie Roach and Manny Pacquiao," Ellerbe told ESPN.com. "Now we all know the truth once and for all why this fight hasn't been made. It should be clear to everyone that they don't care what the fans want, especially when Floyd is ready, willing and able to fight Manny Pacquiao now. Floyd said if this isn't clear, he doesn't know what is."
[/SIZE]

Arum, in his own defense, says that there's no reason to sit down with Mayweather right now, as they are focused on making a fourth Marquez fight. That's a fair enough point, but it doesn't answer the question of why they're so dead-set focused on making a fourth Marquez fight instead of facing Mayweather.

Yes, Pacquiao vs Marquez III was very competitive, fairly controversial, and an exciting fight. But it's still worth far less money than Manny vs Floyd, and the public demand is much, much lower.

If it's a case of Manny Pacquiao demanding to set the record straight with Marquez in yet another fight, then OK -- but why has he never outright demanded that the fight with Mayweather be made?

The Mayweather side has convinced the majority of the public at this point that this fight is not being made because of one man: Bob Arum. Either Arum doesn't want to line Floyd's pockets thanks to their nasty grudge, or Arum just plain doesn't want the fight, and you can call that fear if you want to.

Manny Pacquiao's PR stock has taken a hit the last three days, among a lot of boxing fans. He is right now at his most questionable, in and out of the ring. Some isn't his fault. Some might be. But that's the way it is today.

And Mayweather, finally, has taken the advantage in their eternal press battle. He no longer is playing the bad guy, as the sides are becoming shades of grey.

www.badlefthook.com/2011/11/15/2565341/mayweather-vs-pacquiao-no-fight-may-5-bob-arum-team-mayweather-ellerbe-comments
November 16, 2011 @ 07:26 PM
jaded

After every Pacquiao fight, Ellerbe starts making statements to the press implying that Bob Arum/Top Rank and the Pacquiao team are avoiding a fight with Mayweather. Then when it comes time to negotiating something, it never works out. He has literally done this after every Pacquiao fight since people started talking about the two of them fighting. Team Mayweather isn't trying any harder than Team Pacquiao to make the fight happen, they just know how to keep Floyd in the news between his fights.

November 16, 2011 @ 09:28 PM
Ducis

Top Rank and the Mayweather team need to drop all the bullshit excuses and just make it happen.
November 20, 2011 @ 04:02 AM
RA*SAN

After every Pacquiao fight, Ellerbe starts making statements to the press implying that Bob Arum/Top Rank and the Pacquiao team are avoiding a fight with Mayweather. Then when it comes time to negotiating something, it never works out. He has literally done this after every Pacquiao fight since people started talking about the two of them fighting. Team Mayweather isn't trying any harder than Team Pacquiao to make the fight happen, they just know how to keep Floyd in the news between his fights.

chhuuuuuuuchhh!
November 20, 2011 @ 05:55 AM
Ducis

Chavez Jr just gave Manfredo Jr a boxing clinic and even threw down in the 4th round. Very impressive, now if he would only do it against a quality opponent then I would actually give him some props. 44-0-1 and yet he has fought no one!
December 4, 2011 @ 12:51 AM
Crispbyyosi

some decent fights tonight, put down 50 on murray after reading about brandon not eating for five days and looking like a zombie.
December 4, 2011 @ 01:26 AM
randysav

Rios looked really bad on the weigh ins, he lost his title after scaling a extra. Rios is a pressure fighter will see if he recovers from that weight drain.

prediction on Cotto Margo. I got Margo winning in my book. he will pressure cotto again and absorb cottos blows. cotto need to come stronger from their last fight or we will see the same outcome
December 4, 2011 @ 02:34 AM
Ducis

Rios was drained and still could not make weight and on top of losing his title his pockets will be lighter by 20 Gs. Cotto will win if his stamina is up to par and if he can punish Margarito by going to the body which will slow him down... still going to be a war.
December 4, 2011 @ 03:26 AM
Crispbyyosi

Mares/Agbeko 2 bout to start for anyone interested.
Darchinyan losing caught me by surprise too.
December 4, 2011 @ 09:23 AM
jaded

Rios was drained and still could not make weight and on top of losing his title his pockets will be lighter by 20 Gs. Cotto will win if his stamina is up to par and if he can punish Margarito by going to the body which will slow him down... still going to be a war.

Rios looked awful at the weigh in, so I'm not surprised he didn't fight well.

Glad to see Cotto win that one, it was a good fight.

December 4, 2011 @ 05:09 PM
dmwalking

Nobody's making mention of plaster of paris? LOL.

guy on some broke bus. Love, Sosa. "Don't feed the trolls" initiative coming soon. We can rebuild.

December 5, 2011 @ 03:49 AM
jaded

Took 12 stitches to fix Margarito's eye after the fight cool

December 5, 2011 @ 07:24 AM
It's Only Hype

Cotto over margacheato, nice
December 5, 2011 @ 09:29 PM
DonPedro

glad cotto gave that fag margarito a beating, i hope the tijuana breeze doesn't get another payday after this
December 7, 2011 @ 08:41 PM
jaded

Rude Jude has the same opinion of Floyd that I do.

December 11, 2011 @ 05:43 AM
Ducis

I agree that Floyd has been ducking Pac but I disagree when he says that PBF is not an entertaining fighter. Great fight night for both MMA and boxing. The Khan vs Peterson fight was a war and a great fight other than those two points which were deducted by the ref.
December 11, 2011 @ 05:56 AM
ToyotaGuy

Either way the taxi driver lost. Peterson beat his ass and took his loot.
December 11, 2011 @ 03:51 PM
randysav

Man..that khan Peterson was a war. Great fight it could have gone either way,I judged it as a draw khan had the better cleaner shots. Point deduction was the turning point. Lol@GBP going crazy at the point deduction on the the last few rounds.we will definitely see a rematch in the future. Also Brian villoria dethroned the p4p Mexican segura on the 8th
December 11, 2011 @ 11:44 PM
jaded

Did anyone see the Mitchell fight? He rocked Ibragimov, I wish the ref would've let him get a few more shots in cool

Going to watch the Khan fight right now, I missed it last night cause of the UFC, but HBO is showing it now. I lol'd when the commentator said Khan wants to go up to welterweight to "chase a fight with Floyd Mayweather" considering we still haven't had a Mayweather/Pacquiao fight. Now they'll start saying that Mayweather will fight Khan first before a Pacquiao fight.

December 12, 2011 @ 01:45 AM
jaded

I think Khan could've squeaked by with a win if it wasn't for those point deductions for pushing. I've never seen a ref call that, but he did warn him quite a bit before he ever penalized it, so it's hard to complain about it. They definitely battled each other though, I'm glad I was able to see it.

December 12, 2011 @ 05:41 AM
Ducis

I had Khan winning honestly but i wasn't upset that Peterson won and I would love to see a rematch which from the looks of it will be coming up. I love how Khan is down to throw down with anybody and fights the best out there unlike most fighters nowadays, he could have just as easily not fought Peterson which Vegas had as a 10-1 underdog,,, wish I was a betting man! Pac vs Floyd is the only fight I will accept... no more bullshit!
Looking forward to the Super Six final this weekend. I think Ward beats Froch.
December 18, 2011 @ 10:38 AM
RA*SAN

so yesterday manny went on the record saying that he has agreed to a smaller purse in order to make the big fight finally happen...i just hope floyd doesn't find another way to counter this. i don't think there are any more excuses left at this point.
December 18, 2011 @ 06:14 PM
randysav

something is not sounding right.....Manny seems like hes desperate for a payday.after watching JMM school pacquiao Iam sure Floyd has no problem taking the fight.

super six.....

Andre Ward was a beast last night, made Froch looks slow. Bute and Ward should be next
December 18, 2011 @ 07:17 PM
jaded

so yesterday manny went on the record saying that he has agreed to a smaller purse in order to make the big fight finally happen...i just hope floyd doesn't find another way to counter this. i don't think there are any more excuses left at this point.

They always make statements like that. On Jimmy Kimmel he said he'd do a winner takes all purse, they said they'd do a 50/50 split, now he's saying a smaller split in Floyd's favor. He's not desperate for a payday, it's just marketing. Floyd likes to make the drug testing comments to make Manny look like he's trying to hide something, and Manny likes to make comments like taking a smaller purse to make Floyd look like he's ducking the fight. The two camps are experts at marketing a fight that's probably not any closer to happening than it was a couple years ago.

Please login first to reply.