HALLOWEEN SALE - UP TO 25% OFF - USE CODE: NOTRICKS14 (24 HOURS LEFT)
May 22, 2011 @ 06:33 PM
DC RA

You are an idiot. Pac left money on the table the first time for not agreeing to drug testing so how are you in any position to criticize PBF for doing the same thing.

Second, you must be some bandwagon pinoy who loves Pac and nothing about boxing. I guarantee Mayweather or any boxer is afraid to box another boxer. Tyson maybe the only boxer where people were legitimately afraid to get in the ring.
May 23, 2011 @ 02:53 AM
Lolo Pancit

FRom what Hopkins showed last night, it looks like he would beat most of the light heavyweight out there.
Hopkins- Dawson should be next. But Hopkins would most likely get the UD.

But that Mayweather - Pacquiao negotiations, Yeah, initially Pac didn't want none of that OSDT. Then the 2nd time Pacquiao agreed, but the Mayweather camp denied that there was any negotiation, until HBO execs said that there was one.'Third time around Nelson Mandela's daughter got involved for a fight in Africa, but Mayweather wanted 100 mil.

As of right now, Mayweather either doesn't want a piece of Pac and passing time like what Sugar Ray Leonard did with Hagler/Hearns OR he just does not want to fight cause of his legal problems.

If it Mayweather - Pac does not happen in 2012 blame both of em.
May 23, 2011 @ 03:15 PM
DC RA

Don't forget that faggot Arum.

I don't think PBF will be fighting anyone until Roger Mayweather resolves his legal issues. Pac can fight bum after bum and collect paychecks and then once both Mayweather and Pac have had there fair share of big money fights, they will fight. You have to remember Pac has not had as much big paydays since he has only been popular for about 2 years.
May 23, 2011 @ 08:15 PM
Lolo Pancit

Yeah, after 2009Pac's level of opposition wasn't as competitive or well known compare to Cotto/Hatton.
The Clottey fight, he had no choice cause he was the only one available for the that time.
The Margarito fight, was for that 8 weight class BS
On Pac's last fight it was either Mosley, Marquez or Berto, but dumbass Pac picked Mosley.
He should have pick Marquez cause he was the best one out of the three.
May 24, 2011 @ 12:05 AM
Ducis

I am a Mayweather fan and I think that he is the only boxer that has a chance of beating Pac. Having said that Mayweather is ducking Pac. That fight should have happened already and I doubt it occurs considering PBF and his uncles legal issues.

Pacquiaos competition has been shitty but that is not Pacs fault. That is 100% on Bob Arum. The Clottey, Margarito and Mosley fights have been a joke! If Pac and Marquez were fighting at 135 I would give Marquez a great shot of beating Pac but at 144 all i see is a replay of Marquez vs Mayweather. Hopefully I am wrong.

P.S. Somebody please tell Roy Jones Jr to stop fighting. The man is ruining his legacy.
May 24, 2011 @ 01:59 AM
DC RA

That nig can fight all he wants, his is a legend. His highlights never get old.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDWnMXzgeZo
May 24, 2011 @ 02:47 AM
Ducis

That nig can fight all he wants, his is a legend. His highlights never get old.

Yes he is a Legend and the best fighter of th 90s but he also hasn't won a fight since 2009 and he hasn't won a meaningful fight since 2003. All of those highlights are old as fuck.

This is what I mean.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0zW3fitWNs

He was never the same after Glen Johnson dropped him. So I disagree that his highlights don't get old because his most recent "highlights" are of him losing to no name fighters.
May 24, 2011 @ 03:06 AM
islaphipsters

Since this is the boxing thread, i
May 24, 2011 @ 05:43 AM
calintz

Since this is the boxing thread, i
May 24, 2011 @ 01:01 PM
Ducis

The Executioner busting out the push ups was badass!
May 24, 2011 @ 06:48 PM
Lolo Pancit

Roy jones owes the IRS alot of $$.
but stil he needs to hang it up.

He is without a doubt the most gifted fighter in his generation & prolly one of the most gifted fighters of all time.

Khan vs Guerrero in July?

Bradley most likely going to Top Rank to go with Pacquiao next year.
May 24, 2011 @ 11:55 PM
DonPedro

I am a Mayweather fan and I think that he is the only boxer that has a chance of beating Pac. Having said that Mayweather is ducking Pac. That fight should have happened already and I doubt it occurs considering PBF and his uncles legal issues.

Pacquiaos competition has been shitty but that is not Pacs fault. That is 100% on Bob Arum. The Clottey, Margarito and Mosley fights have been a joke! If Pac and Marquez were fighting at 135 I would give Marquez a great shot of beating Pac but at 144 all i see is a replay of Marquez vs Mayweather. Hopefully I am wrong.

P.S. Somebody please tell Roy Jones Jr to stop fighting. The man is ruining his legacy.

that's some bullshit all pac has to do is say no and the fight won't get made

kahn vs guerrero is gonna be a good fight.... guerrero has enough speed to catch and put kahn on his ass

paul williams is gonna fight erislandy lara in july...... i hope williams can rebound from that brutal ass ko
May 25, 2011 @ 01:41 AM
Lolo Pancit

From a die hard fans prespective, yeah that mosley fight was garbage but after thinking bout it from a business stand point that fight sells cause Mosley is a house hold name with a big fan base. The PPV numbers support that claim.
Marquez might come close but Berto definetly couldn't, he can't even draw 3k in attendance.

What about Martinez, any news bout his next fight?
May 25, 2011 @ 02:31 AM
Ducis

that's some bullshit all pac has to do is say no and the fight won't get made

kahn vs guerrero is gonna be a good fight.... guerrero has enough speed to catch and put kahn on his ass

What reason would Pac have to say no? The man wants to get paid right? IMO If he is the P4P Champ then others should be challenging him not the other way around. If he was still an up and comer then I would agree with your statement but Arum sold Pac on those fights and sadly there is no one else at Pacs level for him to even consider calling out.

Is Khan vs Guerrero official? I thought they were still considering Maidana II, Guerrero or Zab Judah. Personally, I would love to see Khan vs Maidana II. A fight against Guerrero would be nice especially for Guerrero but as long as they don't go with a bout against Zab Judah I am all good. Zab would not be able to keep up with Khan.

What about Martinez, any news bout his next fight?

All I know is that HBO has him fighting on October 1 but I haven't heard of anything concrete as far as an opponent.
May 26, 2011 @ 10:28 PM
Lolo Pancit

It looks like it's gonna be Khan-Judah.
Khan should win but i won't be suprise if Judah out points him.
May 31, 2011 @ 05:16 PM
Ducis

Good read on the supposed love/hate between Golden Boy and Top Rank.

sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ki-iole_top_rank_golden_boy_feud_hurts_boxing_052511

If they would just stop beefing the sport would be so much better for everyone involved.
June 1, 2011 @ 07:54 PM
Lolo Pancit

Finally. lets see what GBP and TP puts out.
But I wanna see

Chavez Jr v Canelo
Soto/Rios v Guerrero
Pac v Ortiz
Marez v Donaire
Maidana v Rios
John v Lopez/Gamboa
June 2, 2011 @ 08:36 AM
Ducis

Finally. lets see what GBP and TP puts out.
But I wanna see

Chavez Jr v Canelo
Soto/Rios v Guerrero
Pac v Ortiz
Marez v Donaire
Maidana v Rios
John v Lopez/Gamboa

Chavez Jr vs Canelo would be interesting fight. The rumors are that its going to be Guerrero vs Maidana this summer which should be a great fight. The Ghost can outbox Maidana but "El Chino" would have a size and powe advantage. I would like to see Ortiz have another great fight with a great fighter before I would want to see him against Pac but regardless I think Pac takes it. I have been hoping for Juan Ma vs Gamboa for quite a while so hopefully that gets done too.
June 4, 2011 @ 10:43 AM
Staxowax

I still want to see Marquez get in the ring again...that guy has heart
June 4, 2011 @ 11:12 PM
Ducis

Good night of boxing! Johnson as usual brought it but in the end ran out of gas. Chavez Jr fought well enough to beat Zbik although it could have gone either way. Add Zbik to the ever growing list of no name fighters Chavez Jr fights. I would love to see his ass get beat by a real middleweight. Sergio Martinez would murder him. A fight against Cotto would be interesting though.
June 5, 2011 @ 01:29 AM
Staxowax

Yes definitely a fight with Cotto...I loved his dad but this kid runs away, I want him to fight a legit contender
June 5, 2011 @ 01:43 AM
It's Only Hype

If Zbik had the punching power Sergio has, the fight wouldve gone a way different route.
June 5, 2011 @ 01:49 AM
Lolo Pancit

Chavez dont belong in the same ring with Martinez at this point, but it looks they will met in Oct.
Martinez is far to quick and has way more power than Zbik.

I rather put Chavez against Alvarez cause they have the same skill set & it will be a intriging fight.

Hopefully Martinez go to 168 in 2012 for bigger and beffer fighters.
People might say its crazy but i think Martinez would be beat Ward/Froch
June 5, 2011 @ 04:13 AM
Ducis

If Zbik had the punching power Sergio has, the fight wouldve gone a way different route.

Thats exactly why they didn't go after Martinez. Promoters nowadays always protect their stars and put them against boxers who don't have knockout power. I think Cotto vs Jr will happen since Arum loves to keep all of the money in house.
June 5, 2011 @ 11:27 AM
Staxowax

Agreed, Cotto vs Chavez is def likely though
June 5, 2011 @ 03:34 PM
Ducis

Mexican Billionaire Carlos Slim offers Pacquiao $65 Million to fight in Mexico! Slim would select the opponent and people are saying he favors a Canelo vs Pacquiao matchup. Not sure how Pac turns that down.
June 5, 2011 @ 04:11 PM
Scotty

^ Pac has no say in that though... He is under Top Rank contract so they own Pac unless there is something in his contract where he can go off to fight else where which i highly doubt.. They would have to Co-Promote with Slim to have this fight...

Cotto is fighting Margarito in July when it gets finalized... Cotto will finally get his rematch that he deserves! Margarito just signed a beating of a life time by signing that fight.. And I hope Cotto batters Margarito for all 12 rounds and just smashes him!
June 5, 2011 @ 08:29 PM
Lolo Pancit

In July? I thought Margarito is still recovering & the rematch with Cotto was initially suppose to happen this month but now there planning to do it in December.

For 65 mil Pac should fight Canelo and Chavez Jr in the undercard.
June 5, 2011 @ 09:31 PM
Scotty

^ Yeah July 19th it was set for but it's no longer on the site.. Still on wiki though as that date.. But did hear margarito wasn't ready for a fight yet..
June 5, 2011 @ 11:22 PM
Ducis

The Margarito vs Cotto fight is dead for now and that is too bad because I want to see Cotto beat Margarito down like Pac did. While I know that Pac is a Top Rank fighter Bob Arum would be making 100% profit on this fight with a co promote. I heard that Arum and some Philipino group offered Mayweather the same type of deal but Mayweather asked for 10 million up front. SMH. Canelo is a Golden Boy fighter but in Boxing crazy Mexico it would be a HUGE fight.

To me Cotto vs Chavez Jr makes sense. Boricua vs Mexicano always sells well and Cotto is no longer in his prime but yet a legit fighter. Let's see what happens...

Please login first to reply.